‹ Prequel: Living with Monsters
Status: a story for carlisle, well because he's awesome.

Wings.

beth's first day at school

I stopped the car in front of Fork’s elementary school. I took a deep breath as i stared at the school. Today was Beth’s first day of school. It’s only been two week since the shooting and I was just barely allowed to drive. I finally got out of the car and unbuckled an excited little Bethany.

“mommy! Mommy! Do you think I’ll make a lot of new friends? Maybe they can come over and see Pip! Oh!” she went on and on and on about school and all the friends she was going to make. I chuckled and grabbed her miniature back pack from the car. She took my hand and smiled up at me.

“hello, my name is Mrs. Crouch, how can I assist you?” the secretary said behind the desk in the office. I took a deep breath and smiled warily at her. “oh my word, you’re that teacher!”

“uh.. yeah. Well today is my daughter’s first day here. I was hoping I could walk her to her class.” I told her in a shaky voice. Now, you may not understand, my baby girl is starting her first day in school that’s nerve racking! The lady- mrs. Crouch- smiled kindly at me and stood up.

“of course you can. Right this way. Now what’s your name little one?” she bent down to be eye level with Beth. Beth hide her face in my leg and clutched my hand tighter. I smiled a little bit.

“it’s okay, Bethany she’s not going to hurt you” I told her. Her brown orbs looked up at me, full of trust. I smiled down at her and crouched down wincing slightly.

“mommy, is your boo-boo okay?” she asked in a soft voice. I smiled and nodded at her. She looked at me for a moment but turned to mrs. Crouch and held out her hand. “my name is Bethany Turner”

Mrs. Crouch took her hand and gently shook it. She seemed surprised by Bethany and I chuckled. Bethany is very smart for her age. She understands a lot more than a “normal” five year old would. I rubbed her back and stood up wishing silently that my shoulder would stop hurting. My jacket was zipped to my neck, I didn’t enjoy the looks I got from strangers when they saw the bandage.

“now this is going to be your room. This is Mr. Black, he will be your teacher.” Mrs. Crouch explained when we reached a brightly decorated room. We stood in the door way and waited for the yound teacher to stop his rambling. He dismissed the student to start whatever they were going to do and turned to us. he smiled once he saw us. He huffed the brown hair out of his face and walked over to us. He bent down and reached his hand out to Bethany.

“hello, my name is Mr. Black.” He said in a gentle voice. Beth smiled and reached out her hand. “ why don’t you go play with the others?” she nodded and turned to me. She launched herself into my arms. I held in the hiss of pain from my shoulder and hugged her tightly back.

“I love you mommy!” she said as I set her down. I smiled and kissed her forehead.

“I love you to Beth, I’ll see you after school okay? I’ll bring Pip when I come to pick you up okay?” I told her. She grinned and nodded. she hugged me one more time before she ran off to play with a dark skinned boy with jet black hair. I stood up and watched her worriedly for a moment.

“ Mr. black this is bethany’s mother, Ms. Turner.” Mrs. Crouch told the young teacher. “she’s also a teacher.”

I glanced at her curiously for a moment. She had a gleam in her eye that I didn’t trust. I turned to Mr. Black again and held out my hand. “it’s nice to meet you, Ms. Turner” he said in a smooth voice. I locked eyes with in and smiled.

“nice to meet you to Mr. Black. This is Beth’s backpack. My cell number and work number is written in it. She can call when ever she wants to. Um, my father’s picture is also in there, his name is John turner, he is the only one I want to be able to pick her up from school, well besides myself of course.” I told him in my stern teacher voice. They nodded quickly.

“yes, of course, we have a strict policy here at the school” Mrs. Crouch said. I ignored her. I had the feeling she would let anyone in if they were cute enough. I handed the backpack over to Mr. Black and looked back at Bethany. She glanced back and waved at me with a grin on her face.

“that’s my mommy” she whispered to the dark haired boy. He turned and smiled to.

“she’s pretty” he whispered to her. I chuckled and turned back to the adults.

“I have to go, I will be back to pick her up after school. She doesn’t ride the bus home” I told them. I know that I’m being overly strict about her and the school but I want her to be safe. They nodded and Mr. Black turned to address the class and Mrs. Crouch led the way out of the classroom.

“does it hurt still?” she asked me. I was surprised by her boldness. I looked at her in shock.

“I do not want to talk about it.” I told her. We reached the door and I walked out and to the car very quickly.

~~

When I pulled onto my road I noticed a black car pulled into my drive way. When I looked closer I noticed a certain pale doctor and his children lean up against it. I groaned and pulled in next to them. I really wanted to change into my pajamas. I got out of the car and walked to my door and propped it open. I turned back to my car to see the Cullen boys (jasper, Emmett, Gabriel, and Edward) and an Indian boy holding my grocery bags.

“ thanks boys” I told them as they walked into my house. I turned to see the rest of the gang standing there watching with smiles on their faces. I waved them over and walked into the house. “I’m sorry the house is a mess”

“it’s actually a lot cleaner than ours” Dahlia said. I smiled at her. I unzipped my jacket and hung it in the closet. I motioned for the rest to do the same. Usually I would do it but I wasn’t feeling too hot. I told everyone to sit and walked over to the back door to let Pip in. he came bounding into the house and jumped into Gabriel’s lap. I chuckled when he licked Gabriel’s cheek.

I sat down next to Carlisle leaving a little space between us. Our dinner had been great, he laughed, I laughed, we both had a great time, but he never called or made a move to suggest more so I dropped it. i notice Edward sigh and stand up. I rose an eye brow but he motioned for Carlisle to fallow him and they both left. That was odd.

“so where is little Bethany?” Gabriel asked. That was another thing I noticed over the few weeks I’ve known the Cullen family, Gabriel and Bethany had became inseparable. It was cute and I don’t think he would do anything to Beth so I didn’t say anything.

“ she had her first day of school today” I told him. He nodded with a small smile on his face. He looked at Emalia, she looked at him and they smiled to each other. They do that sometimes, I’ve noticed. Everyone in the family has their little odd things about them. Emmett, with his facial expression language to Dahlia, she always seemed to know what was really going on. Edward and his odd outburst, sometimes it felt as if he could read minds!

The front door opened and a pissed looking Carlisle stomped into the house, causing me to giggle. Everyone looked at me with curiosity. Carlisle’s face looked like he wanted to be angry but for some reason couldn’t. he looked kinda constipated. This thought caused me to giggle even more. Edward joined me with a low chuckle. Everyone looked around confused.

“I’m sorry. You just reminded me when Beth throws her little temper tanturms.” I giggled even harder. This time a deep laugh joined me, I looked to see Carlisle laughing. He sat next to me, closer than before we were touching.

“I’m sorry to have stomped into your house like that. Who wants to get ice cream?” all of the Cullen children stood up. They all ran out the door. I looked at Carlisle and was about to say something before Edward popped his head in the door.

“don’t worry Ms. Turner, we’ll bring you back some.” He said and rushed to his car. I looked from the door to Carlisle multiple times.

“you’re not going to murder me are you?” I asked.

He laughed and just shook his head no.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay guys, i'm sorry for the lack of updates, it was finals week and i was pretty stressed out. but now its over and i'll be able to update more freuqently! i will probably update again tomorrow also. enjoy!!