Status: Completed

Nine Lives

Chapter Twenty

After what felt like a lifetime, things were finally going right. Katelynne had moved out of my apartment, which I sold to move to the mother hub of supernatural activity (Aka Vic's house), and we'd heard nothing from or about Mike since the incident with Kate Lynn. The only unsolved question of that situation was how could it be his kid if the dead couldn't reproduce and she swore up and down that she hadn't slept with anyone else. All that was shoved aside though as Vic and I got closer. Everyone notices, including Gabe's girlfriend Jessica who was around so often that she could have been part of the furniture.
I was just never expecting what happened to happen.

"Hey, Vic." I said casually sitting on the lounge in the living room.
"Hey, Kells." he smiled up at me and I returned the smile at the nickname he had adapted for me.
"Can I ask you something?"
"You just did." I joked
He gave me a stern look and I laughed "Of course, Vic. What's up?" I asked, pulling my legs to my chest in a comfortable position.
"So we-we like each other right?"
I nodded "Yeah."
"In a more than friends way?"
"I nodded cautiously "Yes."
"Then what would you say to a date?" he spoke fast so I could just make out his words.
"A date?"
"A date."
"With you?"
"With me."
He confirmed my thoughts and my answer hardly required thinking.
"I'd love too." I replied in a heartbeat.
"Great." he smiled an ace smile before returning his attention to the TV show he was watching, which I'm ashamed to say was The Kardashians (Vic, your gay is showing), as he smiled to himself in his own little world.
I on the other hand proceeded to pull out my newly bought Blackberry to answer a roll of e-mails that were long overdue for replied. Work had picked up since Jesse up and quit and I got stuck with more than his personal bullshit. But I could hardly pay attention to anything I was reading. The butterflies in my stomach wouldn't calm down and the beating in my ears got loud as my heart rate increased to that of a hundred miles of exercise.
I bit my lip as I let the phone fall wayside onto the open space next to me and glued my eyes to the TV to try and calm down. Khloe and Scott were arguing about some stupid shit and like always Kris was trying to save the day. Oh the life of a rich all-American family. Must be hell making money for being alive.
Hours later, when everyone was home and we were all around the kitchen island sinking our teeth into a lazy order pizza.
"Mmhhm" Gabe moaned into his food.
"Dude. Really?" Austin asked.
"Need. More. Fuel." he finished off his third slice and grabbed a four before leaving the table with it hanging in his mouth.
"He's on a sex high." Vic rolled his eyes, taking a sip from the glass of soda in front of him.
"And you're on a no sex high." Gabe yelled back running upstairs and shutting his door loudly, turning up a speaker of music so that the bass could be felt faintly.
"Whatever." Austin said, throwing his uneaten crust into the box "I have a boyfriend to go see."
"Have fun." Vic and I said at the same time.
We looked at each other, smiled and bust a gut laughing as Austin exited the house.
We finished eating and Vic washed while I dried.
"Hey, I got an idea." I spoke up as I finished putting away the last dish.
"Yeah?" Vic asked, switching the tap off and drying his hands.
"How's about that date?" I smirked, quoting a line from The Notebook which I recently learned was Vic's guilty pleasure to watch.
"You know me all to well." he said, replacing the dish towel with his hands and pulling me towards the front door.
We were giggling like school girls and I had no idea where we were going to end up, but if I was with Vic, I could care less where we did.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLLO.
IT FEELS AMAZING TO BE WRITING AGAIN.
Okay this is not as long as I wanted it to be, but I wanted to do a whole chapter for the date scene in third person.
I'm really excited and I have dropped a HUGE hint into what they are going to do. If you've seen The Notebook, you might know, and if you haven't, GO WATCH IT.

Comment, Rate, Subscribe and Recommend ^.^