Status: Completed

Nine Lives

Chapter Twenty One

Kellin drove recklessly as Vic continued to pull out the jokes in the passenger seat. His laughter soon became effortless and as he tried his best to keep his eyes open to see the road, bright lights caught his attention.
"I found it!" he stated as he took the sharp right turn and found a space in the crowded lot.
"Where are we?" Vic asked. Their date had been spontaneous tonight and they had no idea where they were going, but Kellin had just found the perfect first date.
"The carnival." Kellin beamed a smile at Vic. He hadn't been to one since he was 10 and he couldn't believe that he just happened to stumble upon one in San Diego.
"Oh my God." Vic laughed "Let's fucking go!" he grabbed the other boy's hand as they ran to the ticket counter. They purchased their entry slips and once they entered the adapted field, they spun in circles trying to decide where to go first.
"How about the Ferris wheel?"
"Throwing games?"
"The hammer game?"
"I've got it! Bumper cars!"
They dashed quickly to the children's attraction and found themselves not taking one, but 5 rides on the game. They got really into it and start throwing fake mafia threats at each other, laced with lust of course. What's a first date without desire and fake murder threats?
After a long tiring battle, they both forfeited and opted for playing a couple of games.
Throwing darts.
Hoops around a goldfish.
Ski ball.
Test your strength.
It was all your typical carnival games, but it made the experience all that more authentic. And nothing was more authentic than the pink cloud cotton candy the two purchased as they hopped onto the Ferris wheel for a slow end to the eventful evening.
"Kellin?"
"Yeah?"
"I've had a really great time."the tan boy smiled up at his companion. It was a 1000 watt smile that could make all the brightest bulbs in the world shatter to a million pieces because they weren't bright enough to fill a room like his smile was.
Kellin smiled biting his lip, the taste of sugar still on them. He wondered what Vic's tasted like. Did they have the same condensed sugar melt or would his own taste linger on the border of the confection? Did he kiss slow and passionate, or was he a heat of the moment kind of guy? He wondered what is was like to kiss another boy.
"Can I do something that might ruin it?" he spoke with confidence even though he expected it to falter and without a word from Vic, he leaned in pressing his lips smooth and soft against his. He left his hands in the same position even though he longed to run his hand across the warmth of his cheek, he resisted the urge as the other boy's lips puckered in response to his.
The stopping of the wheel hardly stopped them from kissing at the top. The lights reflected faintly off their skin and the stars sparkled in the sky like shattered pieces of diamonds that illuminated the feeling of the atmosphere into the world where they both were destined to meet. And in that moment, everything made sense. The wish granting factory opened back up for business, just for tonight and just for them so that they could have this moment of bliss together. The world cascaded around them as they shared this moment and they wanted to make it last as long as possible.
As they pulled apart, eyes locked on each other, they could taste the other on their lips. The candy shell of the kiss faded long ago and all that was left was the sweet taste of a longing for more kisses. Addictive, gone in an instant. Like a shot of heroine boosted with love drugs that sent your mind crazy and your body out of this world.
They were breathing lightly without a word shared between them as they clasped their hands together for the rest of the ride, when they got off, the walk to the car, the car ride home, the walk to the door and the walk of shame to what was to happen behind closed door and eyes.
It was the heat of the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so fucking happy with this like you have no idea.
I love it so much, this is my favorite chapter so far.
And yes I had to include that line from Asia's Heat Of The Moment. It was too perfect.
ENJOY

Comment, Rate, Subscribe and Recommend ^.^