Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Lie Within A Lie

We got back to our room and I went into the bathroom to change while Cody got ready for bed. While I dressed I thought about what Cody told Shawn. I never knew that Cody had a crush on me when we were younger. Could all those past feelings be resurfacing without him noticing?

When I exited the bathroom, Cody already had his bed set up on the floor. I walked over to my bed and lay so that my head was at the end so I could see Cody. His gaze was fixed on the ceiling but shifted to me as I looked at him. Should I tell him? Should I tell him that I'm Shawn's niece?

The ends of his mouth curled up into a small smile as he looked at me expectantly. Why was it so hard for me to tell him? Maybe I was just afraid that if I tell him, something will happen between us? Then again something already has so could be the harm of just saying it?

"Cody." I started. He turned his body towards me

"Yeah?"

He looked up at me and I don't know what it was about him that kinda made me nervous. I pushed whatever thoughts were starting to seep in.

"You know my uncle?" I asked. I lowered my head to rest on my hands. He nodded.

"Yeah. The one that visited you when I called, right?"

"Yeah."

"What about him?"

Taking a deep breath, I looked away from him. "Well my uncle…he…"

Cody sat up and put his hand on my arm in a comforting way. "He what?" I looked down at his hand before looking back at him.

"He, um, he told me to say hi." I lied.

"Oh…well next time you two talk, tell him hi back." He replied removing his hand.

"Okay…I will."

He shifted so he was on his knees and turned to look at me. Laying both hands on me he smiled. "Goodnight." He said softly, placing a kiss on my forehead before lying back down.

"Night."

Slipping under the covers, I turned off the light and just sat there. I chickened out. I chickened out on telling my best friend and the guy I'm marrying in two months who I really am. If I don't tell him soon, I just know that it will blow up in my face.