Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Cody's Almost Confession

The next day

"Come on!" Cody called from the other side of the door. After working out we took a nap and woke up a little late so here I was trying my best to get ready. Tonight is the Smackdown Christmas Special and I'm only half ready. "Come on!" He called again. "We have to get going!"

"Codes just go. I'll find a ride and meet you there." I called back as I put on my eyeliner. There was silence so I thought he left. "Cody?"

"Are you sure? I can wait a few more minutes…"

"No that's okay. I'll call Ally and see if I can get a ride with her." I replied. Again silence.

"Okay… See you at the arena." As soon as he left I pulled my phone out and dialed Ally's number.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ally! It's Charity."

"Oh hey! What's up?" She asked.

"Have you left yet?"

"No, Alicia is still getting ready. Need a ride?"

I put the phone on speaker so that I could finish getting ready. "Yeah. I wasn't ready when Cody was so I told him to go ahead and I'll find a ride."

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the bathroom in just my underwear and heels to grab my dress.

"Okay, you can ride with us."

"Sweet!" I smiled even though I knew she couldn't see. As I slipped into my dress, there was a knock on my door. As I opened the door, I smiled as I saw Ted. He was dressed normally wearing a Santa hat.

"Hey." I greeted him with a smile.

"Hey." He replied with a smile of his own. I stepped to the side and ushered him in.

"What brings you here?"

"Well…I was hoping you hadn't left yet." He answered looking around. "Where's Cody?"

"He already left. I wasn't ready yet so I told him I'd meet him there. I called Ally…oh no…."I started as I lunged at my phone. I quickly put it to my ear. "Hello? Ally are you still there?" There was some shuffling on the other end before she answered.

"Hey! There you are. We were getting worried. Alicia is ready so we're coming to get you."

I looked over at Ted sitting on the bed. "Actually change of plans. I got another ride."

"Oh, okay. Well we'll see you at the Arena!" We hung up and I walked over to Ted.

"Hey, would you mind zipping me up?" I asked as I turned. In my rush to get the door, I wasn't able to zip up the back of my dress.

"Yeah sure." He stood up and zipped up the back before turning me to face him. He surprised me by pulling me a little closer and smiled. "You look absolutely amazing."

I could feel myself start to blush and bit my lip. "Thanks. You look pretty great yourself."

"Thank you. I'm glad you hadn't left yet…I wouldn't want to miss this."

Oh my god. Why does he have to be so damn sweet?

"Well aren't you a charmer?" I chuckled. As I said this, Ted looked in my eyes and started to lean in….until my phone rang. I silently cursed in my mind as I picked it up and saw it was Cody.

"Sorry." I frowned stepping away from him. I cursed under my breath as put it to my ear.

"What?" I asked, trying my best to keep the annoyed tone out of my voice.

"Hey. Where are you? Have you left yet?"

"No not yet. I'll be there in a few, bye." I quickly hung up before he could reply. I turned to Ted and apologized once more before putting my phone in my bag.

"Thanks okay." He smiled. "We should be leaving anyways." He chuckled as I frowned and gave me a kiss on the cheek before going over to the door and opening it. I grabbed my stuff and headed out the door.

At the Arena

Cody sat in his brother's locker room with his brother, Dusty and their dad. Dusty is doing his Goldust face paint in his locker room while their dad is on the couch. Cody is sitting on a chair next to his brother.

"Hey Dust..." Cody says looking at his brother's reflection in the mirror.

"Yeah?"

Cody exhales as he looks down at the makeup sponge in his hand. "Can I ask you something?"

Dusty shrugs. "Shoot."

"Is something wrong?" His dad asks from behind him.

Cody shakes his head. Placing the sponge on the table he crosses his arm across his chest. "No. Nothing's wrong..."

"What's your question then?" Dusty asks.

"How...How do you know if you're in love?" Cody asks looking away at the wall.

Dusty stops what he's doing and looks back at his dad. Cody waits in silence for an answer.

"Well, uh...who do you think you might be in love with?" Dusty asks softly. Cody shrugs in response.

"Is it that Charity girl you're always with?" Their dad asks as he stands up. He cautiously walks over and places a hand on his young son's shoulder.

Cody blushed slightly. "Um...no..."

"Cody..." Dusty grinned. He nudged his brother. "It's her, isn't it?"

Cody quickly stood up and headed for the door. "Nevermind I asked. I'll talk to you both later..."

He left hastily before either of them could say anything.

Smackdown Holiday Special - Charlotte, North Carolina

Ted and I get there right as the show starts. On the way, we got caught in some unexpected traffic. We had barely gotten through the door when a crew member ushered Ted away saying something about a meeting. As soon as Ted was gone Cody walked down the hallway towards me already in his ring gear.

"There you are!" He grins walking towards me. "Are you going out there with me?"

I looked over near the monitor where Michael Cole is dressed as Rudolf with a broken antler, and both Booker T and Mick Foley are dressed up as Santa. Cole's costume is by far the funniest.

"Right now?" I asked looking back at Cody.

"Well in a little bit."

"Sure." I shrug. "I don't have anything else to really do."

We stood in silence for a moment until Cody finally spoke. "Um, Charity….I need to talk to you about something…"

"Okay?" He grabbed my hand and pulled me over to a somewhat secluded place where we were still in view of the monitor.

Looking away from me, he rubbed the back of his neck subconsciously. "Um…well I've been thinking about this a lot lately and… I was thinking that maybe you could move in with me." He looked up at me and gave me a smile.

Wow, I was completely caught off guard by that. I never expected Cody to ever ask me to move in…

"Wow Cody….um…that's a nice offer and all but where will I after the divorce? I mean wouldn't it be weird for us to be divorced yet still live together?"

Again he looked away rubbing his neck. "Well that's the thing…I was thinking that maybe…we could just stay married…" He gave me a hopeful look. "What do you say?"

What the hell is going on? I don't know what to say or act. "Why?" I asked. Then I remember watching the movie Just go with it with Cody and understood why he wanted to stay married.

"You mean like in Just Go with It?" I asked. He gave me a confused look and I continued. "You can wear your wedding ring to bars and clubs and tell women I cheat on you, beat you and all that so that they feel bad and sleep with you! You're a genius!"

He furrowed his brow and shook his head. "No…that's not why. I want to just stay married because I—"

"Cody!" A crew member interrupted as he scurried over to us. "You're next, get to gorilla position."

Cody let out a frustrated sigh before grabbing my hand. The crew member handed him a microphone.

"Just tell me later." I whisper in his ear before I lift his hood. We're about to walk out when Ally grabs my arm. I motion for Cody to go ahead.

"Hey!" Ally grins. She's wearing a cute green dress with white fur at the hem and around the neckline with a matching green Santa hat.

"Hey. What's up?"

"I'm supposed to come get you so you can get changed." She smiles.

"Changed? For what?" I ask. She grabs my arm and leads me away to the divas locker room where all the divas are dressed Christmas themed outfits. Luckily there's a TV in the room so I can watch Cody's segment

Cody Rhodes's music hits, and he comes out to the stage. Rhodes says he would have allowed this farce to continue in the past, but he no longer is wearing a protective piece of plastic. Now he sees things more clearly. Now he sees a lowly announcer making a fool of him in the ring by indulging in childish antics. That takes away time from guys like him that still have the skills to compete.

Ally rifles through the little rack of clothes. Apparently all the divas had a specific outfit assigned to them. She pulls out this bag with my name on it and hands it to me.

"What's this?" I ask perplexed at why I have a bag.

"It's your costume. So hurry up and get dressed! We're up after Cody's segment."

I opened the bag and only found 3 pieces. "Is this a joke?"

"No now get dressed."

While I dressed I watched the TV. Booker says he doesn't know what Cody's problem is, but he has no beef with him. Booker warns him not to think that he can't handle his business in the ring. Booker says that Cody can test him. Cody mocks him for calling him "son". He says Booker T lies. Booker T does have a beef with him. It's probably because he'll never hold the Intercontinental Championship over his head again. He'll never be able to call himself champion again.

After getting my costume on I look in the full length mirror. "Oh my god…I look like a North Pole prostitute."

My costume consisted of red velvet halter top that was belted right under my chest. I had a little matching skirt that was also red velvet with fur lining the hem. Like the top, the skirt had a black strip with a golden buckle to serve as a belt. The skirt went down to half my thigh. That's it. Luckily since the skirt is so short, they gave me a pair of matching shirts to go underneath the skirt. Let me correct that, short shorts.

Foley stops Cody, and he says that he's talking about a legend, and a man he respects. He's also a 5-time WCW Champion. Cody is directly affecting his ability to enjoy the holidays. Tonight, Christmas comes early for him. Cody will take on Booker T in a match tonight. Cody smiles and he says he's looking forward to it.

Ally hands me my black wrestling boots to complete the ensemble before dragging me back out to the monitor with the other divas. As we waited Ally started talking to some of the other divas when I was tapped on the shoulder.

As I turned around Ted looked down at my outfit and smiled. "Wow. That is quite an outfit."

"Thanks…" I said with a nervous laugh. "It was assigned to me."

"Well you look great."

"That is such a guy answer." I laugh.

"But it's true." Cody walked back over to Ted and I and his eyes almost popped out of his head at my outfit.

"Wow…." He said as he looked me up and down.

Foley's voice boomed throughout the arena saying he's got a party to get back to, and he says it's time to kick things off with a Diva's match.

"Well that's my cue." I said. Just for the hell of it, I grabbed Ted's Santa hat and put it on before turning around.

"I'll see you after." I smiled as I looked over my shoulder at them. They were standing right next to each other so I blew them a kiss and walked out to the ring with the other divas.