Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Welcome To My Masquerade

Friday – Masquerade Ball

While Cody gets ready to leave to see his friend, I'm getting ready for the ball. I take out the dress and mask that my mystery guy sent me and change. Surprisingly it fits perfectly. This guy must really know me if he knows my exact size.

"Are you almost done in there?" Cody calls from outside the bathroom door as I fix my makeup.

"Yeah just a minute!"

"You said that like 20 minutes ago!"

Rolling my eyes I finish my makeup and open the door to yell at him but he's already in the doorway and I bump into him. He's about to say something but stops to look at me. "Wow…"

"What?" I ask blushing a bit. "Do I look okay?" Speechless he nods before his eyes meet mine. He glances at my lips and slowly leans in when there's a knock on the door. Sighing he hangs his head.

"That must be John." I say more to myself than Cody. His arm is still in the way. "Would you mind?" I ask. He moves his hand and I grab my clutch before walking over to the door. I do a last minute touchup with my hair before opening the door to see a smiling Cena. "Hey—" He starts to say before he looks me up and down. He runs a hand over his head and whistles. "Wow… you look incredible."

I blush a little since Cody is right behind me. "Thanks John. You look great yourself." He grins as he smoothes the front of his suit. His suit is white with his vest and tie being a dark blue. He looks rather handsome.

"Thank you." He beams. He offers his arm out to me with a huge grin plastered on his face. "Well, shall we?" I look back at Cody who is now sitting on the bed. "Bye Cody. Have fun meeting with your friend." He nods and gives me a small wave and I step out into the hallway with Cena. We walk down the hallway to the elevator and step inside.

Eve's phone beeped to signal a message on her nightstand. She picks it up and read the message from John. "What?!" She exclaims looking at her screen in disbelief.

"What?" Kelly asks as she does her makeup for the ball.

"John already has a date to the ball." Eve replies. "He said no to me. ME."

"Whose he going with?"

Eve shrugs. "I have no idea." She tosses her phone on the bed and frowns. "Now I have nobody to go with."

"Didn't that Zack guy ask you?"

Eve wrinkles her nose. "Yeah but… He's Zack. I don't want to go with him."

Getting up from her bed, Kelly walks over . "Eve, think about it…. If you go with Zack, act like you're all into him and Cena will see and get jealous!" Eve thinks this over for a moment before nodding. "You're right, Kells. I'll just text Zack and say I'll be his date. I'll pretend to be interested in Zack and make Cena jealous! That's brilliant!" Grinning from ear to ear she leans back against her pillow and picks up her phone before sending a text to Zack.

We pull up to the venue where the ball is being held. Outside there's a huge red carpet leading up the huge staircase with the walkway roped off. One either side of the ropes there's fans and reporters galore. I take a deep breath and put my mask on just as Cena pulls up in front of the valet. He smiles at me after he puts his own mask on. "Ready for this?" He asks. I nod my head and he opens his door and I hear an eruption of cheers. Nobody can mistake Cena regardless of his face hidden for a mask.

He walks around the car to the passenger side and opens my door. Offering me his hand, he helps me out and already cameras are flashing. I hear some gasps at my dress but majority of them being cheers. As Cena offers his arm, I take it and we walk up the carpet together until some reporters call us over. Being that he's the face of the WWE, we have no choice. They start asking him questions on his storyline, his future plans, what he's looking forward to at the next Pay Per View. I just stand there holding onto his arm until he turns to me. "If you want, you can head inside." He says with a smile.

I'm about to answer but one of the guys in front motions to me. "Who's the pretty lady on your arm John?" Cena looks at me and I answer for him.

"I believe the point of a masquerade ball is to remain mysterious." I say with a smirk playing on my lips. "Don't you agree?" This comment makes the reporter smile.

"I know exactly who you are."

I straighten up a little. "Oh really? Who am I?"

"Well there's only one woman who would make a comment like that. You are the WWE's resident bad girl herself, Charity."

I smile at this. "Very good. Looks like you really know your WWE talent."

"It's my job to." He chuckles. Before anybody can ask me about Cody or anything else, Cena puts his arm behind me and nudges me slightly towards the huge double doors.

"Well we should be getting inside." He says with a playful grin. "Wouldn't want Vince to fire us if we're late." He says jokingly earning a few chuckles from the reporters. He says goodbye to them and we head up to the doors.

"Nice one." I say. He grins and we sign in at the little entry way with a few guys who look as though they could be wrestlers. Maybe they're from FCW or something? We walk into the huge marble interior to where there's two stairways on either side that adjoin at the top. We take the left and head up to the top where we get directed to another set of huge wooden doors. Two other guys open it for us and Cena thanks them before we walk inside. The place is huge and filled with a lot of past and present superstars. Over near the far wall I spot Mike and Ally doing what they do best. Making out. Chuckling I turn hold onto Cena's arm as we descend down the stairs to the dance floor. The DJ is jamming out on a raised platform and Superstars and Divas alike are dancing and having a grand time.

We weave through the couples to the one of the many tables and I set my stuff down just as Eve shows up with Zack in tow. Did she just glare at me? "Oh!" She exclaims seeing Cena. "There you are John!"

Cena glances at me for a moment before looking at Eve. "Hey Eve… you look great."

"Why thank you." She smiles.

"No problem and Eve… sorry about the whole date thing." I see her smile falter for a second before her smile is back.

"Oh that. It's fine." She loops her arm in with Zack's and places a hand on his chest. "Zack here is my date. He kind of asked first."

Cena gives a wary nod before greeting Zack with a fist bump before turning to me. "Would you like something to drink?" I agree and he says he'll be right back.

"I'm thirsty as well." Eve announces before looking expectantly at Zack. "Would you mind getting me a drink?" She smiles sweetly at him and I see a goofy grin start to form.

"Sure."

"Come on Zack." Cena says. "Let's go get these ladies a drink while they chat."

They leave us sitting together at the table and I look around as I try to think of something to say. "So Eve… that's a nice dress you're wearing. Did you—" I start to say until she glares at me.

"Don't try to kiss up to me!" She snaps.

"I'm sorry?" I say, taken back by her hostility.

She shifts so that she's facing me. "You should be! You knew I liked Cena and that I asked him to be my date."

"Whoa! Eve, I honestly didn't—"

"Shut up! Don't lie to me. I did not flirt with him these past few months to get stood up for a stupid bitch like you." By now she's leaning forward and jabbing a manicured finger in my chest when I push her back.

"Now listen here bitch—" I start to say before the guys come back.

"Everything okay?" Cena asks. Eve blushes a little and I get an idea as Take Me On The Floor by The Veronicas starts to play. Smirking I stand up and smooth my dress.

The lights are out and I barely know you
We're going up and the place is slowing down
I knew you'd come around

"Of course." I say walking toward him. I can feel her starring daggers at me but I could care less. "But you know John… I kind of feel like dancing." He grins at me just as I grab the shoulder of his suit and start pulling him to the dance floor. As he stops to place my drink down on a table I cast a glance over my shoulder to see Eve pouting. Sticking my tongue out at her, I use my other free hand to flip her off which pisses her off more. Childish but effective.

We get out to the dance floor and I quickly turn around to face him causing him to bump into me a little. He starts to apologize until I put a finger to his lips. I smirk as I start to mouth the words.

You captivate me, something about you has got me
I was lonely now you make me feel alive

I lean in close to his ear, making sure Eve is watching and whisper,
Will you be mine tonight?

I get the desired pissed off look and grin before pulling away. I start to move my hips as I sing along to the song.

Take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can't take it any more (dadada da dadadada)
I want you, I want you, I want you to show me love
Just take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can give you more (dadada da dadadada)
You kill me, you kill me, you kill me with your touch

I grab the front of his suit and pull him slightly toward me.

My heart is racing as you're moving closer
You take me higher with every breath I take
Would it be wrong to stay?

One look at you and I know what you're thinking
Time's a bitch and my heart is sinking down

As soon as I say 'bitch', I look over at Eve.

You turn me inside out

Take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can't take it any more (dadada da dadadada)
I want you, I want you, I want you to show me love
Just take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can give you more (dadada da dadadada)
You kill me, you kill me, you kill me with your touch

I wanna kiss a girl
I wanna kiss a girl
I wanna kiss a boy
I wanna ...

I wanna kiss a girl (do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya)
I wanna kiss a girl (do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya)
I wanna kiss a boy (do ya, do ya, do ya, do ya)
I wanna kiss a (kiss a, kiss a, kiss a)

Cena starts to lean in but I stop him.

dadada da dadadada
dadada da dadadada
dadada da dadadada (oh)

Take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can't take it any more (dadada da dadadada)
I want you, I want you, I want you to show me love
Just take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can give you more (dadada da dadadada)
You kill me, you kill me, you kill me with your touch

Take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can't take it any more (dadada da dadadada)
I want you, I want you, I want you to show me love
Just take me on the floor (dadada da dadadada)
I can give you more (dadada da dadadada)
You kill me, you kill me, you kill me
Please don't stop!

The song ends and we all turn to the DJ and clap. Cena leans toward me smiling from ear to ear. "I'm going to get a drink. Care to join me?"

I'm about to answer when a voice behind me answers for me. "Actually John, I was going to ask if I could steal my friend away from you for a dance." Ted says walking up. He smiles at me and I blush which is fortunately concealed by my mask. He's wearing a plain black suit with a light blue tie which matches his eyes. His mask is a glossy black with swirls of dark blue.

"Of course." Cena says. He bows a little before winking at me and leaving.

"Hey." Ted greets me with a smile. "How's your evening so far?"

"Great." I chuckle thinking of Eve's face when I was dancing with Cena. "How about you?"

Ted smiles and looks either way before leaning towards me. "I was jealous." I give him a confused look and he continues. "I saw you dancing with Cena and wished it was me you were dancing with."

"Well now's your chance." I grin as Secrets by One Republic came on. How ironic.

Wrapping an arm around my waist, Ted takes my hand and we start to twirl around the dance floor together along with the other couples.

I need another story

Something to get off my chest

"So let me guess," Ted says as we dance. "You chose Cena to be your date because if we showed up together after that story in the tabloids, word would get out about us therefore ruining everything for you."

My life gets kind of boring

Need something that I can confess

I nod. "Pretty much. Speaking of… who did you come here with?" I ask glancing around the room.

To all my sleeves I stained red

From all the truth that I've said

"Maryse."

I nod in understanding even though I felt a pang of jealousy. Not that I have room to talk.

Cause honestly I swear

Thought you saw me weak no

He must have sensed my discomfort since he smiled. "She was the only other diva who needed a date." He explains.

I've been on the brink so

"I see."

Tell me what you want to hear

"So where's Cody?" He finally asks. "Shouldn't your fiancé be present with you at all events?"

I know he's trying to joke about it but I can sense the tenseness when he calls Cody my fiancé.

Something that will light those ears

"He's off visiting an old friend." I reply. He twirls me around before I return to his arms.

Sick of all the sinceres

Just thinking about Cody made me miss him. I wonder how his visit is going so far…

I'm going to give all my secrets away

"You know," Ted starts to say as he spins me out.

This time

He spins me back to him only this time I have my back against him and his face neck my neck. "If you were my fiancé, I'd never let you go to an event like this alone…."

Don't need another perfect line

He spins be out once more before pulling me back into our original position.

Don't care if critics step in line

I'm going to give all my secrets away

We dance the rest of the song in silence. The song ends and we step away from one another to clap. I look at Ted. He smiles and leans in to press a tiny peck on my cheek but his lips linger near my face for a moment. "Think about what I said." He whispers. "I'll see you later."

As soon as Ted leaves I take a moment to think about what he said. Was Cody trying to tell me something by not coming with me to this event? Confused, I look around the dance floor for any sign of my mystery man. I'm in the middle of the dance floor and glance at large clock on the wall. 10 minutes to Midnight and the new year.

"Alright everyone! It's 10 minutes to the new year!" The DJ says. "So ladies and Gentlemen, grab a partner for this next song and who knows? Maybe they'll be the person you'll be kissing when the clock strikes 12?"

"Well hello there…"

A man dressed in a black and emerald tux with a matching feathered mask steps toward me.

"Wade?" I ask. "You're my mystery guy?"

Smirking he grabs my hand and kisses it. "Baby, I'll be whatever you want me to be."

I look away distraught. Seriously? Wade was my mystery guy?

The beat starts to play as I look around.

Hiding behind a disguise

Can you feel me watching you?

I feel somebody tap my shoulder and I turn to see a man dressed in dark grey suit with a matching fedora and a black Zorro-like mask. His dark grey suit has a small red rose pinned on his chest just as he said he'd have in his third note.

"Hello." I greet. "Are you-"

He nods and holds out his hand offering for me to dance with him.

It's magic then I'm lost in your spell

But you don't even have a clue

There was just...something about him. Something magnetic. I take his hand and he smiles a little. I look at his eyes to see him looking at me with amazing blue eyes.

That I 'm hypnotized yeah

I'm drawn to your eyes

"You…seem kind of familiar." I say making him smile a little. "Who are you?"

I just wanna see your face

Welcome to my Masquerade

Masquerade

Grabbing my hand, he spins me out then back in.

Who are you?

What is your name?

Is this a two-faced game?

His hand lands on my waist. We spin together then stop.

It's tragic 'cuz after tonight

My heart will never be the same

He smiles at me then spins me around once more.

And I 'am hypnotized yeah

I'm drawn to your eyes

I just wanna see your face

"Do we know each other from some place?" I ask.

Welcome to my Masquerade

Masquerade

Masquerade

Grinning, he nods.

I just wanna see your face

Masquerade

Those eyes... who do I know that have blue eyes? Mike, Cody, Ted, Cena, Kenny...

Mike is with Ally, Cody is back at the hotel, Ted left, I saw Cena earlier and he's dressed differently... Kenny?

Masquerade

Masquerade

"Kenny?" I ask.

He shakes his head just as the song ends.

"Alright everyone! 5 more minutes to midnight!" The DJ says.

The mystery man smiles and grabs my hand. He motions to the double doors leading out. We walk towards the back and down the little staircase. Outside the air is a little chilly but nice. The moon is full and shining brightly as the man leads me to this little stone bench not too far. He motions for me to sit and I do. He kneels in front of me and smiles as his hand reaches up you the little rose and he unpins it. He hands it to me.

"Well thank you." I smile. I take the rose from him and smell it before laying it in my lap. He sits on the bench next to me. His eyes gaze into mine for a moment. We hear everyone from inside starting the count down to the New Year. I pull my mask off and set it aside.

10..

9..

8..

He reaches up to move a piece of hair from my face.

7..

6..

5..

He smiles as his thumb grazes my cheek.

Why does this all seem so familiar?

4..

3..

2..

He leans in and his lips brush against mine sending shivers down my spine.

1!

Our lips meet and our eyes close just as we hear 'Happy New Year!'

The kiss was electric and passionate. It lasted a few moments until we ended it and pulled away. I look into his eyes. "Who are you?" I whisper.

"Before I show you...I want you to know something."

"Okay?"

"What I wrote each time is true. I love you more than anything in the world."

I blush.

"Now you can." He says. He leans forward and I untie the mask and take it off. As the mask comes off, my eyes widen in shock at who it is. My eyes stare into those all too familiar blue eyes I know so well.

"Cody?" I whisper.