Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Disappointment

I take a deep breath as the coldness around me seeps through my paper thin gown. I lie waiting for my doctor when there’s a knock.

“Come in.” I call.

The door opens and my doctor comes inside with his clip board. “Hello Charity.” He says smiling at me. “How are we today?”

“Not bad.” I smile. “So how far along am I?”

His brows knit together in confusion. “I’m sorry?”

“My baby? How far along am I?”

He glances at his paper work and finally shakes his head. “You’re not pregnant.”

I feel as if my heart stopped. “I’m not? But the pregnancy test…?”

“Was it a home pregnancy test?”

“Yeah.” I nod. “It said I was positive.”

He nods. “Yes. A false is when the test says that you are pregnant but actually you are not. This is a one off case and a positive pregnancy test is a pretty good indication that you are pregnant. False positive pregnancy tests are rare – though there are instances and conditions where they can occur.”

“And those are?” I ask.

“Chemical Pregnancy is one.” He says. “A chemical pregnancy is basically an early miscarriage. Research has shown that half of all first pregnancies end in miscarriage. Due to the high sensitivity of home pregnancy tests, many women catch early pregnancies but end up going on to have their periods due to a chemical pregnancy.”

The thought of having a miscarriage made my stomach turn. He continues.

“Missed Reaction Time… For accuracy in home pregnancy tests it is essential that you read the test results in the stipulated reaction time. If you let the test sit for too long (after the instructions on the box tell you), the test is invalid. This may cause it to show false positive results.”

Maybe I left it out too long?

“Chemical Interference.” My doctor says lying his clipboard down on the little counter. “Drugs that have the pregnancy hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in them can cause incorrect results in home pregnancy tests. The Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in them may be responsible for the false positive pregnancy test. If you have had an HCG shot due to infertilty treatments, you need to be sure the shot is out of your system before you attempt to use early pregnancy tests.”

“No worries with that one. I’ve never had infertility shots.”

He nods. “Then there’s Evaporation Lines. While technically not a true pregnancy, some pregnancy tests leave a faint evaporation line as the urine crosses the test. This faint very light grey evaporation line in the test area is often interpreted as a positive result.”

“Wow…” I say. “So why haven’t I gotten my period for a few weeks?”

“Likely causes can be stress, illness, change in schedules, change in medications, being overweight…” He says before quickly adding, “Which you aren’t.”

Stress. I’ve been under immense amounts of stress lately so that’s been messing with me.

“Were you trying to get pregnant?” He asks.

I shake my head. “No. I just missed my period and was worried that I was.”

He smiles and pats my knee reassuringly. “Well have no worries, you’re not pregnant.”

I find myself smiling. “Thank god.” I chuckle. “Thanks Dr. Reilly.”

“Of course.” He smiles. “Have a good rest of the day.”

“I will now!” He leaves my room and I get changed.

***************************************

I’m not pregnant! I grin widely as I ride up the hotel elevator to the seventh floor. I practically skipped down the hallway to the room. I stopped at the door and knocked loudly on the door. It took a few moments but the door to open to reveal half asleep Ted who’s…. shirtless and basketball shorts.

“Charity?” He asks surprised. “What are you doing here?”

In all my excitement, I couldn’t speak so pulled him to me and gave him a fiercely passionate kiss. He’s caught off guard for a moment before his arms wrap around me and he kisses back. I move him backwards a little and shut the door behind me without breaking the kiss.

Ted grabs my ass and squeezes before picking me up. I wrap my legs around his waist while my arms encircle his neck. He sets me on the nearby mini counter in the bathroom as we continue to make out. I pull away for a moment to remove my sweater since for some reason, It’s really hot in his room.

“Why…is it…so hot…in here?” I ask between kisses.

“Heater is broken.” Ted mumbles as his lips change to neck. Makes sense why he’s sleeping in just his basketball shorts. Ted stops what he’s doing for a moment to peel off my top so I’m in just my bra, jeans and boots.

His hands wander down to my waistband where he unbuttons and unzips them. I slide off the counter so he can slide them off me. I kick off my boots at the same time before my lips find Ted’s once more. Picking me up bridal style, Ted takes me back to the room where he gently sits me down on the edge of the bed. He breaks the kiss for a moment and I look up at him. I give him a mischievous smirk before running my hands up his abs then back down and trace the indents of his hips.

Leaning down he growls lightly in my ear as I slowly inch his shorts off to reveal his boxers. They fall to the floor and leans forward pressing his lips against mine once more while moving forward . I lean back and as I lay flat against the bed, I bring my hands up to his face, deepening the kiss. I feel his hand slowly inch up my thigh getting closer to my hips when it moves over slightly and his hand grazes right between my legs. I arch my back for a moment and he smirks against my lips. His hand goes back between my legs and he lightly rubs me making me moan a little. He presses a little harder and my heart starts to race.

He stops and breaks the kiss for a moment to look into my eyes. “Is this really gonna happen?” He whispers. “Are you ready for this?”

At that moment I have a flashback to when Cody told me how he loved me. My stomach tightens and I frown. “I thought I was but…” I start to say but Ted kisses me.

“I understand.” He smiles standing back up “You’re not ready.” Standing up I put my arms around his neck.

“No…but I promise that it’ll happen soon. Just not now.” We kiss once more. Walking back over to the bed, Ted lies down and I cuddle up to him. So much for being spontaneous.

***************************************

I stare at the doors leading to the parking lot. Where the hell is she? Pacing back and forth in my ring gear I try to come up with explanations for why she’d be so late getting here.

“Cody! You’re up next. Get to gorilla.”

Letting out a sigh I shoulder my belt and head towards gorilla. Hopefully she gets here soon.

***************************************

I wake up with my head on Ted’s chest. The room is dark and I sit up a little. Glancing at the clock my eyes widen. “Shit! I’m late!”

Careful not to wake up Ted, I slip off the bed and stumble around in the darkness trying to put on my clothes. Hitting my head on the wall, I curse under my breath.

“Charity?”

Great. I woke Ted up. I hear some shuffling on the bed and the light comes on. I squint as my eyes adjust to the light. “What are you doing?”

“I have to go. Raw has already started and Cody’s gonna kill me…” I start to say before seeing Ted frown and look down. “Sorry.”

He slips off the bed and walks over to his bag before pulling out some clothes. “It’s fine… I’ll drive you.”

I walk over to him and give him a kiss. I know this can’t be easy on him. “Thanks Ted. That’s sweet of you.”

We get dressed as quickly as we can and rush out the door.

***************************************

As we get to the parking lot, Ted has barely parked the car before I’m barreling up the steps. I burst through the double doors and quickly sign in before catching site of the monitor. “Shit!” I say a little louder than I intended. Cody’s already out in the ring.

“Hey!” I turn around to see a crew member who waves me over. “Just got news from Vince… you’re running an interference.” He says. “Get ready. You’re going out in five.”

“What?! But I’m not—“

“Not my orders.” He says putting his hands up. I watch the monitor while I wait for my cue.

Cody works on the shoulder of Daniel Bryan with a couple of arm bar variants. Cody releases the hold and taunts the crowd. I look over at the crew member, now with Ted. He’s talking with him about something and when I’m about to say something the guy points to the monitor. I look.

Bryan backs out of the corner with an elbow, followed by a flying elbow attack then Cody is sent to the outside.

“That’s your cue! Go!”

“What do I do?” I ask.

“Just run out and act your part!” He calls back.

Glancing once more at Ted, I walk through the curtain unsure what to do. The light are super bright when I walk out. The crowd notices me and makes my presence known. I run down the ramp as Bryan leaps for a crossbody, but Cody moves out of the way. Cody hits a big boot, but Bryan kicks out of the cover.

“Cody!” I exclaim from ring side, showing him I’m here. He looks at me with some relief when Bryan follows up with a small package, and this match is over!
I cover my mouth in shock as Daniel celebrates his win in the ring. Cody sits up looking as shocked as me and looks over at me.

Daniel leaves and his music stops. I start apologizing to Cody and climb into the ring. He stands up looking pissed at me. “Why did you do that?!” He yells pointing to the retreated Daniel. “ I was so close!”

A crew member hands us each a microphone and I beg Cody for forgiveness. “Baby please….” I start.

“Where were you?” He demands taking a step toward me. “You should have been here!”

“Cody…”

“Where were you?” He demands again. He backs me up into the turnbuckle. He stops and turns around to take a breath before turning back to me.

“Let’s just go back to our locker room and talk about this…. Alright?” He grabs my hand and I nod my head sadly. He motions to the crowd. “Let’s not give these pathetic worms a show by talking out here.” He drops his microphone, takes mine and drops it before holding open the ropes.

I hop outside of the ring and Cody glares at everyone before leading me up the ramp to the backstage area. As soon as we make it back through the curtain, Cody’s hand drops from my back and he walks ahead of me.

“Cody?” I ask. He keeps walking and I jog to catch up with him. “Cody… I’m sorry I’m late.”

He stops for a moment to glance at me before walking a little ways to walk into his locker room. He opens the door and peeks inside before walking straight in. I follow him and find Wade and Sheamus on the couch.

“Ah! There’s our favorite couple!” Sheamus grins. “Great job out there!”

“Thanks.” Cody mumbles. “Would you guys mind stepping out for a bit so I can have a talk with Charity? Privately.”

Sheamus nods and starts toward the door and stops seeing Wade had not moved. “Come on, fella. Let’s give these two lovebirds here some privacy.”

“I wanna see this!” Wade smirks.

“Wade.” Cody glares at him. “Leave. Now.”

I look from Cody to Wade who looks taken back. “Please Wade?” I ask nicely. Frowning, he stands up and walks over to Sheamus. “At least she was nice enough to say please.” He mutters before leaving the room.

“Cody..” I start to say but he cuts me off.

“Where were you? You’ve been gone all day. I know a doctor’s appointment doesn’t take all day.” Cody says.

“After my appointment I…” I tried to think of something. “Ran into some old friends who invited me to hang out. We ordered some pizza and hung out majority of the day.” I lied. “We all fell asleep and I didn’t wake up until late.”

He was quiet for a moment. “I see…” He straightens up a little. “So what did you find out?”

I look at him confused. “What?”

“How far along are you?”

It was now or never. “0 weeks along.” I say. He gives me a confused look and I smile. “I’m not pregnant!” I exclaim.

“You’re not?”

“No!”

“Oh…” He looks down at his feet then gives me a small fake smile. “That’s great!”

“Hell yeah it is!” I say a little annoyed at his lack of excitement. “This mean my chances of getting my title shot aren’t ruined.”

“yeah…”

“Wait… you wanted me to be pregnant. Didn’t you?” I demanded. Now I was pissed. “You thought that if we were having a kid, I’d stay with you!”

“I never said that.”

“You didn’t have to Cody! Your lack of excitement for me says it all!”

“Fine! I’m so happy for you!” He exclaims getting in my face. “I’m so happy that you can go about your business like nothing happened!”

I roll my eyes. “Whatever Cody. I’ll grab my stuff tonight from the room and leave my keycard on the table.” I say a little quieter. “I’ll stay somewhere else tonight.”

“Fine.” He says flatly. “I’m sure Wade will be a fantastic roommate!”

I glare at him and storm out the door. Fuck him.