Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Scandal

Frantic, I push away from the door. Where the hell is Cody when I need him? Oh yeah, busy being pissed off and sulking over not being a dad. A wave of anger and longing pass over me making me frown. Why does everything have to be so complicated? Shaking my head, I attempt to clear my thoughts. Right now I have to find Ted and find out what Vince wanted.

I start making my way down the hallway past some crew members when I hear Cody’s name from the Diva’s makeup area. Frowning, I stop near the wall and strain to listen.

Eve is talking to somebody about the ball last night. “The ball was boring as can be. I mean I was stuck listening to Zack ramble on about some nerd crap like Star wars and everything for the entire night. When he dropped me off I kissed him in attempt to shut him up but now he’s been calling and texting me nonstop talking about it.” Eve complains. “He is so pathetic.”

I shake my head. Poor Zack.

“I can’t believe that slut Charity went with Cena!” I hear Eve fume. “First she’s all over your guy Cody then she hogs all of Cena’s attention….” She lets out a frustrated sigh. “Somebody needs to knock her off her high horse.”

I roll my eyes and start to walk away but stop when I hear Kelly’s voice.

“Exactly! And have you noticed how close she always is to Ted?” She asks. My brows furrow. What the hell does she know about Ted and I?

“Somewhat.” Eve flatly replies. “What about it?”

“I think there’s something going on between them. I’ve caught them multiple times holding hands backstage and I caught them kissing as well in fact…” I can just imagine her smirking. “I took a picture of them in the act at Ted Sr.’s Christmas party and sold it to the tabloids.”

As soon as I heard this I felt like I had just gotten speared in the stomach. It was her who set Vince’s suspicions loose! Balling my fists, I feel my blood start to boil.

“Seriously?” Eve asks astonished.

“Yep! Hopefully Cody will catch her sometime and break up with her.” She sighs. “I mean, he deserves somebody so much better than that.”

“He does.” Eve agrees. “He deserves a real woman. One who will treat him right. A woman who won’t cheat on him with god knows how many guys… a woman like you Kelly.”

I press my hand to my forehead as I feel a headache starting to surface. This is just too much.

“Exactly my point! I will make it my personal mission to show Cody how much of a whore his little fiancé is.”

I wait for a moment for Eve’s response.

“Well for both Cena and Cody’s sake… I’ll help.”

My jaw drops. Now not only do I have Kelly trying to ruin everything, I have her skanky friend as well! Finally I’ve heard enough and head off to find Ted. The sooner I get out of here, the better.

I make my way to Vince’s office and stand outside the door. I pace back and forth nervously as I wait for Ted. Deep in thought, I don’t see Wade stroll up.

“Charity?” He taps my shoulder and I jump making him step back. “Sorry…”

Feeling my heart racing, I take a deep breath in attempt to calm down. “It’s fine… you just startled me. That’s all.”

“I see…” He replies looking unsure. “Are you okay? I saw you storm out of the locker room looking really upset.”

In the heat of the moment, I had neglected to realize both Wade and Sheamus seen me storm out of Cody’s locker room after talking with Cody. I bite my lip nervously. “Yeah I’m fine.” I lie. “Cody and I just had a disagreement over some wedding details.”

He studies my face for a moment. He doesn’t believe me. “Alright… well I hope you two work it out.”

“We will. We just need some time to calm down.”

He nods then breaks into a grin. “So would it be a bad time to ask you to run away with me again?”

I relax a little and let a chuckle slip out. For once his inappropriateness was welcomed. “I’ll think about it.” I joke.

“Good enough for me.” He says winking. “You have my number. Anytime you get tired of Cody, I’ll be there.”

“Thank you Wade.” I say sarcastically, giving him a mock curtsy. “You are quite the gentleman.”

“I prefer Knight and shining armor but that works too.” He grins. “But I have a match coming up so I’ll talk to you later.”

Wade grabs my hand and kisses it before heading back down the hallway. Chuckling to myself I watch him leave when I hear the door behind me open. I turn around just as Ted steps out of Vince’s office. I can’t read his expression as I stride up to him. “Well?” I frown. “What did Vince want?”

Ted looks at me for a moment. “We talked about your storyline with Kelly and Cody.”

“Okay…and?” I urge.

“He’s bored with it and wanted to spice things up…”

I feel my stomach knot up. Oh no. Now what?

He continues as I don’t respond. “He said he wants to throw a wrench into the gears to get the WWE Universe more interested in it. By this I mean because you and I see to have so much chemistry, he wants to add me to the mix. He wants us to start an onscreen affair that makes Cody jealous...”

I feel like the wind is knocked out of me. Now my relationship will not only be shared with the world but Cody will have to watch. “Anything else?” I manage to ask as I take in shaky breaths.

He looks at me concerned. “Um… he wants it to be slightly scandalous.”

“Scandalous?” I squeak. “What do you mean?”

“Think how Edge and Lita were.”

I lean back against the wall as I start to feel lightheaded. How could Vince do this? Was he trying to make it so I finally broke down and admitted to the whole sham?

Ted stepped toward me, his hand grazing my arm. “Babe… are you okay? You look a bit pale.”

I slowly nod my head. “Yeah… I’m just a bit tired from the events today. That’s all.” I say giving him a small smile.

“Do you want to just head back to the hotel? Maybe order some food and relax?”

“That would be wonderful.” I sigh. He nods and presses a kiss to my temple before helping me straighten up.

“Alright. Let’s go.”

2 AM

My cheek pressed against Ted’s bare chest, I listen to his steady breathing as he’s already asleep. The heater is still broken so it’s freakishly hot in the room. We’re lying on the still made up covers on the bed. I’m in just my bra and shorts while Ted is shirtless in just basketball shorts.

When we came back, as promised, we ordered some food and ate while watching tv. My fight with Cody resurfaced and distracted me from enjoying my time with Ted which irritated me even more. As before, things started to heat up between Ted and I only to have me wuss out and lie saying I had a headache.

I knew Ted was disappointed but he stopped and cuddled up to me until he fell asleep. Now here I am plagued by the thoughts of Ted’s new involvement in my storyline and how it was going to work along with my guilt and anger about mine and Cody’s fight.

I bury my face in Ted’s side and groan quietly to myself. I’ve really gotten myself into a mess. How did things spiral out of control so quickly?

Finally forcing myself to close my eyes and think of something else. I really have my work cut out for me.