Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

"That's not a threat.That's a promise."

Waking up late, I scurry around the room careful not to disturb Ted. Leaving him a note, I hurry from the room and make my way to the dress shop. I make it to David’s Bridal 10 minutes after 10 o’clock only to be met by an irritated looking Stephanie McMahon at the door. “You’re late.” She frowns, tapping her foot impatiently. “I said 10 sharp.”

“I know… and I’m sorry. My alarm didn’t go off this morning. I—“ I start to explain when she catches me off guard and steps up to me. Looking down her nose at me she snarls.

“No excuses.” She hisses. “Just remember, if this is all a sham I will find out and expose you to the entire WWE universe. I’ll blacklist you so fast…”

Despite my pounding heart I smirk. “Are you threatening me?”

“That’s not a threat. That’s a promise.”

I was about to open my mouth to say something when Nattie, Beth, Alicia and Ally all run up. “You’re here!” Alicia beams. “I can’t wait for this!”

Steph glares at me once more before I’m moved over to the fitting/viewing area. The five ladies are sat at some leather couches in front of the platform while one of the staff ladies pulls me over to a rack of dresses. She glances at me as she sorts through the dresses. “So do you know what kind of dress you’re looking for?” She asks.

“Um….” I say looking at the racks of dresses. “Maybe something A-line, strapless….”

The lady nods and starts pulling out a few dresses. “Any desired color?”

I think about this for a moment and smile. “Well, my fiancé’s favorite color is blue... so maybe something with a blue sash or something?”

She furrows her brows for a moment, thinking. “I think we do have a few dresses with blue on them…” She hands me the pile that’s in her arms and tells me she’ll be right back and disappears through the racks. Looking at the lump of white in my arms I sigh. Cody would be laughing his ass off at me right now. I feel my chest tighten a bit at the thought of him. I miss him so much right now. I wish he was the one I was trying dresses on in front of. I’d allow his dirty little comments just as long as I can be near him.

I take a deep breath as I feel my eyes start to tear up a little. All of this over a stupid pregnancy scare. I shake my head slightly to stop the tears. Now is not the time to get emotional. Luckily I stopped as the lady came back with 4 more dresses. “Found some!” She exclaims happily. “Now just head into the dressing room area and we’ll get started.”

She follows me into the fitting area and hangs up the dresses on the little rack while I strip down to my underwear. “Alright! We’ll start with this one first.” She takes the dress in her hand off the hanger and helps me into it. It’s an A-line dress with a strapless, lace, sweetheart neckline. She zips it up and has me turn around. “Beautiful!” She exclaims. She motions to the large full length mirror behind me. “What do you think?”

I turn and look at the dress. I agree with her. It’s beautiful but not entirely me…

“It’s beautiful.” I grin.

She nods in agreement. “It really is! How about we go show your friends?” I nod and pick up the front of the dress and walk out to the showing area. Nattie, Beth, Alicia and Ally are in the middle of a conversation when Ally sees me and smiles. Everyone else turns and looks as well and I get a few “Ooh!” and “Aww!” reactions from the five while Steph sits off to the side with her arms crossed.

“So what do you think, Charity?” Beth asks me. “Do you like this one?”

“I do.” I say looking down at the gown. “But I don’t think this is really “Me”, you know?”

They shrug and agree. The lady looks up at me and nods. “Next one then?”

I nod and she helps me step down from the platform. We walk back to the fitting and she helps me get the first dress off before helping me get the next one on. This one is a strapless, A-line off white gown with a thick midnight blue band across the top of the bodice, midnight blue laces in the back and a strip of midnight blue going from my lower back down to the end of the small train.

After lacing the back of the dress up, she turns to look at me. “Oh my god…” She says clasping her hands over her mouth. “You look amazing!”

“Really?” I grin. She nods and points to the mirror. Lifting the front of the dress I walk towards the mirror and look at myself. She’s right. I look like a blushing bride.

“What do you think?” She asks as she stands beside me.

“I think this is it.” I say; my gaze never leaving my reflection. She grins and says she’ll be right back with a selection of veils. As I stare at my reflection and I feel something pulling at me. Shame? Guilt?

When I was younger, before my parents died, I used to dream about my wedding day. I imagined being completely, deliriously in love, shopping for rings together, cake tasting together, and then walking down the aisle….

I close my eyes as visions of Cody and I at the cake tasting flash through my mind. I grinned at the memory of us smearing cake on each other’s faces. Then a flashback of the two of us at the masquerade. When he told me he loved me.

He brings his hand up to my face and runs his thumb across my cheek. I close my eyes and lean toward his hand. I cover his hand with my own and stay there for a moment not sure what to do

.He leans closer and presses a small kiss to my cheek before resting his forehead against mine. “Kid or not… I’ll take care of you.” He whispers. I open my eyes and lean my head back a little to look into his blue eyes.

“I know.” I whisper back.

Recalling this memory my eyes start to tear up again. “Dammit.” I say getting pissed at myself. “Stop being so damn emotional.”

I wipe my eyes just as the lady comes back. “Alright! I have a few options—“ Seeing me wiping my eyes, she smiles. “Awww. Are you okay, dear?”

I nod. “Yeah. Just overwhelmed.” I chuckle. “that’s all.”

“Well, whoever your fiancé is, I’m sure he’ll love your dress and your wedding will be the happiest day of your life.”

I know she was being supportive but that wasn’t what I wanted to hear right now. This isn’t a real wedding. It’s all a sham. Not that she knows that.

“I’m sure you’re right.” I grin. She comforts me a bit more before jumping straight to business. She holds up a few veils and we settle with a beautiful medium length white lace one that matches the dress perfectly. She puts it on me and grins. “Sweetie, you look like a dream.”

I return her smile. “Thank you.” She leads me proudly back to the show room where I receive gasps and praise.

“You look beautiful, Char!” Ally beams. “Please say you’re picking that one.”

I nod. “This is definitely the one.”

I feel Steph’s glare on me as I’m showered with more praise from the others and shoot her a smirk. You won’t break me that easily, Steph.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Ted POV

Yawning I stretch and roll off and put my arm around…nothing. I open one eye to look at the emptiness next to me. Opening both eyes I sit up and look around the room. “Charity?” I call, hoping to hear a response from the bathroom. I look over at her suitcases which have been opened and my brows knit together. “Her stuff is still here… but where is she?”

I get up and walk around the room. I’m about to give up when I see a note on the little table. I walk over to it and pick it up.

Ted,

Woke up late for dress shopping. Had to leave. Sorry for not saying goodbye. See you when I get back!

-Charity

Xoxoxo

Dress shopping? As I think about it I realize she means wedding dress shopping. I feel a pang of jealousy. “Cody, you lucky bastard.” I mutter before reminding myself that it’s all fake.

Even after reminding myself of how fake it all was, I just couldn’t shake the jealous feelings. I sigh and tell myself I just need to distract myself from all this.

Glancing at the clock I know what I can do. Walking over to my bags I find my water bottle, workout clothes and ipod and start changing. Nothing beats a nice workout!