Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

I Missed You...

I get back to the hotel and head down the hallway to mine and Ted’s room. A couple yards away I look through my bag for my keycard. “Where the hell—“

My search is put on hold as my cell phone signals a text message and I pull it out.

We really need to talk…. Please come to room 233.

Sighing, I look up from my phone. Should I go and talk to him? Before I’ve really made up my mind, I’m already a few feet from the elevator. I take a deep breath as I ascend down to Cody’s floor. As soon as the doors slide open, I take a deep breath and walk down the long hallway to room 233. As soon as I knock, the door quickly opens and I see Cody dressed in a muscle shirt and basketball shorts. “Hey.” He says. “I’m glad you came. Come on in.”

He steps to the side letting me in before shutting the door behind me. My heart quickened as he brushes past me to sit on the bed.

“So…” I say looking everywhere but him. “You wanted to talk?”

“Yeah I did.” Standing up, he walks toward me. “I just wanted to say….I’m sorry.”

Okay. That caught me off guard. “Huh?”

He lets out a sigh. “I let the whole thing about being a dad go to my head. I should’ve been happy for you when you told me you weren’t pregnant but to be honest I wasn’t.”

“Why not?” I look into his blue eyes and feel my heart skip a beat.

“Honestly? I’m not completely sure.” He gives me a small smile. “I guess maybe because I’d finally be responsible for something other than myself.”

“Can’t you get a dog?” I suggest. He chuckles and I feel my heart melt. We stand there in silence for a moment before it’s broken by him. “So…. Are we good??”

How can I be mad at him when he called me all the way down to his room just to apologize?

I smile and nod. “Yeah, we’re good.”

“Good.” He grins. “I’d hate for us to have to act like a couple when we’re pissed at each other.”

I raise an eyebrow at him. “What do you mean?”

“Didn’t you hear? Mike and Ally are throwing us an engagement party tomorrow night at 6PM at the Plaza.”

“No I had no idea.” I say. I sit down on the bed and he joins me.

“You get to dress up and I’ll pick you up in the lobby say, 5:45PM?”

“Sounds good.” We stand up and he walks me to the door. We hug and I leave his room with a smile on my face. I’m so glad I got my Cody back.

As I walk into my room I hear the water running. “Ted?” I call. The water shuts off and the door opens. “Hey Ted, I’m—“ I stop mid-sentence as Ted walks out wet and wearing just a towel.

“Hey Babe.” He smiles. “How was shopping?”

I bite my lip as my eyes traveled down his abs to the indents of his hips. “Fine…” I say, half out of it. He must have known what I was thinking since he strode over to me, placing a hand on either side of my face and gave me a passionate kiss. I kissed him back and he pushed me up against the wall and I felt something pushing against my jeans.

“Ready yet?” He mutters against my lips. I wanted to say yes so badly but….

He presses his body against mine. Every part of me is on fire but I just can’t. Not yet.

Pulling away from the kiss I frown and shake my head. “Not yet… This doesn’t feel right.”

He frowns and walks over to the bed and sits down. “What am I doing wrong?” He asks looking up at me. “What can I do to make it feel right?”

I hear the desperateness in his voice. What he doesn’t understand is as long as Cody is on my mind; I can’t take that next step. I look at him. “I don’t know… time maybe?”

I sit down next to him and rest my head on his shoulder. Pressing a kiss to his cheek, I nuzzle his neck. “I’m sorry babe. “

He moves his arm and wraps it around me and kisses my head. “It’s alright. You just get me a little too excited at times.” He grins.

I put a hand on his chest and look up at him before leaning in for a kiss. The moment lasts for a few minutes until I break away. “Also… I have this thing tomorrow at 6PM.” I say. He raises an eyebrow at me. “Mike and Ally are throwing Cody and I an engagement party…”

“Cool.” He says flatly. I frown and press a kiss to his neck.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He says coolly. “I hope you have fun.”

I lean back slightly and look at him. “Ted…” He says nothing as he avoids my gaze so I put my hand on his cheek and gently turn him to face me. He pursues his lips. “This wasn’t my idea… I just found out about it before I came in here.”

He nods and pushes me away a little and stands up. “I’m gonna go get dressed.” He walks into the bathroom and I sigh. Things just keep getting better and better!

Thursday, January 5th, 2012- The Engagement Party

I sit on the edge of the bed in mine and Ted’s room as I wait for Cody. Ted says nothing as he stares off at the wall. “Are you okay?” I ask.

“Yeah…I’m fine.” Before I can say anything, somebody knocks on the door. “It’s probably Cody. You better go get it.” He says. I can hear the jealous tone in his voice.

I walk over to the bed and lean over so my face is near his. “I’ll be back in a few hours, babe. Okay?”

He nods. “Have fun.” I lean in to give him a kiss as there’s another knock. Rolling my eyes, I give him a peck on the lips. “See you later.” I walk over to the door and look through the peephole. Sure enough, there’s Cody dressed up in a light purple dress shirt, slacks and black dress shoes. My god he looks good.

“Hey.” I greet him with a smile as I open the door. “Ready to go?”

He smiles and steps forward. “I’m a bit early… may I come in?” I block his way and he gives me a look. “is everything okay?

“Of course but…we don’t want to be late…”

“We’ll make it in time.” He smiles. “Trust me.” He attempts once again to step in but I refuse to move.

Finally he gives up, sighing. “Okay… Let’s go then.”

I nod and quickly slip out the door and we walk to the elevator. We get inside and Cody presses the button. As we ascend downwards, I notice Cody smirking. “What?” I ask, smiling.

“Nothing.” He grins.

I nudge him. “Tell me.”

He looks over to me and just gives me this…look. Admiring? “You just look really beautiful tonight… that’s all.”

I feel my face redden a little and stare ahead of me. “Thanks Codes…”

“No problem.” His hand gently touches mine and I look at him. He smiles and pulls his hand away and I find myself missing his touch. Pushing those thoughts aside, we step out of the elevator as soon as the doors slide open. We head out to his car and he opens the passenger side door and puts his hand on the small of my back. “After you.”

I thank him and get inside. The whole ride went in silence until we got to the Plaza. As he opens my door, he holds out his hand to help me out. “Well aren’t you a doting fiancé.” I tease. He chuckles and wraps an arm around my shoulders. “Tonight… yes I am. “

We walk up the big marble steps and before we get to the big double doors he holds out his arm. “Are you ready?” He asks.

I hook my arm in his and smile. “Let’s do this.”

He smiles and the doors open to the party. Looking around I see some superstars and divas around having a great time. To my surprise, I even find a few celebrities in the mix. As I scope out the crowd, Ally and Mike stride up grinning. “There they are!” Mike says.

“Hey Mike.” Cody greets. “How’s the wedding plans going for you two?”

“Great!” Ally beams. “Next week I’ll be shopping for my dress.” She looks at me. “And as my maid-of-honor, you better be there!”

My eyes widen. “Maid-of-honor?”

“Yeah! I hope you don’t mind…”

“Not at all!” I grin. “This is an honor! Thank you!”

We talk with them for a while before mingling with the other guests. Cody almost died of laughter as I had a fangirl moment and spilled my drink on Ryan Reynolds. As I apologized about a million times, Cody led me away laughing. I frown. “It’s not funny!” I exclaim.

“Is too.” He laughs. “You tried telling him how much you loved him in The Green Lantern, started to check him out, blurt out that you’re a superhero too called Batgirl…and then…” He started a fit of laughter before catching his breath and continued. “Then trying to explain about that, you accidently spilled your drink on him. Now Ryan has a wet crotch…courtesy of my beautiful fiancé.” He grins.

I try to frown but I start cracking up. “You’re such a dick.”

Leaning forward I feel his breath on my ear making a shiver run up my back. “I have one.” He whispers before smirking. Typical Cody. His face stays near mine as I feel his arm wrap around me. His smirk falls and he looks down at my lips before he starts to lean in….

“There you are!” Ally grins as she strides up to us. Cody and I pull away and I look at her. “Hey Ally. What’s up?”

“I have a surprise for you two.” She says grinning like the chestshire cat. “Come with me.” Cody and I exchange a glance before following her to the middle of the room. “What’s going on?” I whisper to Cody as everyone smiles at us.

“No idea…”

Ally nods to somebody before looking back at us. “Enjoy!” Before I can ask what she means, we hear a piano and I recognize the song. A Thousand Years by Christina Perry.

Cody turns to me and holds out his hand. “May I have this dance?”

My heart skips a beat and I smile. “Sure.”

His arm goes around my waist as he pulls me close and his hand grabs mine. I smile and we start to move.

Heart beat fast

Colors and promises

“I have to tell you something…” He says.

“Oh? And what’s that?”

How to be brave

How can I love when I’m afraid to fall

“When we were fighting… I couldn’t stop thinking about you.” He looks into my eyes. “I missed you so much.”

Watching you stand alone

All of my doubts

“Really?” I ask.

“Yeah.” He nods. “There was a whole other reason behind why I acted the way I did.”

Suddenly go away somehow

One step closer…..

“And what was that?”

I have died every day waiting for you

Darling don’t be afraid

I have loved you

He looks away for a moment. “I should’ve been happy for you when you told me you weren’t pregnant but to be honest I wasn’t because… that baby would be the only real thing that we’d always share. If there was a divorce, it’d be the one thing that’d link me to you.” He looked away as if embarrassed. “Or maybe, hopefully, it’d make you stay with me.” He looks into my eyes and I notice how sincere he looks.

For a thousand years

I’ll love you for a thousand more

I’m speechless. “So I was right…” I said quietly.

He nods. “Yeah… I just didn’t want to admit it at the time.”

I rest my head on his shoulder as we continue to dance until it was done. When the song finally ended, we stepped away from each other and just looked at each other. This man before me is the same guy whom, at the beginning, I had to practically beg him to stop being a man-whore and be my fake fiancé and now here he was pouring his heart out to me.

Everyone claps and he grabs my hand and leads me away to a corner as the party continues. As we reach the corner, he slowly turns to me and puts his hands in his pockets. “Sorry for just thrusting that on you but… I just felt like I should tell you.”

I look at him. “Thank you.” Placing a hand on his arm I smile. “Now come on. Let’s go enjoy our party.” Returning my smile he takes his hand out of his pocket , takes my hand and we walk out onto the dance floor.

The night goes by pretty quickly and before we know it, the party is over and Cody is walking me back to my room. We stop in front of my door and I smile at him. “Well… here’s my stop. I had a lot of fun tonight Cody.”

“Yeah, me too.” He smiles back. He gives me a hug and I close my eyes. Being so close to him make my heart skip and I smell his cologne. Oh my god, what a great scent! We slowly pull away and pause as our faces are a few inches apart. His arms are still around my waist and mine are still around his neck. His eyes lower to my lips then back to my eyes. His breathing is ragged before he quickly pulls away. “So um… I’ll talk to you later.” He says. I feel a sort of detached feeling as his body leaves mine and I nod.

“Yeah. Talk to you later Cody. Goodnight.”

He walks back down the hallway to the elevator and I watch him as he gets in. He waves to me and I wave back. I frown as the doors shut and swipe my key card.

Pushing the door open I feel the heat of the room and see Ted lying on the bed. He looks away from the television screen at me. “How was the party?”

Pushing all thoughts of my moment with Cody earlier tonight and what just happened outside the door I shrug. “It was okay. I accidently spilled my drink on Ryan Reynolds.”

Ted chuckles. “Sounds fun.”

Feeling over heated in my dress I walk over to the bed and turn my back to him. “Unzip me please?”

I hear him move on the bed and feet him kneel behind me. The zipper slides down and I face him. “Thanks.” I say before planting a kiss on his lips.

“Don’t mention it.” He smiles. I slide my dress off onto the floor and kick it aside just as there’s a knock at the door. I look up, startled.

“I’ll get it.” Ted says as he climbs off the bed. “It’s probably the pizza guy. I called him about 10 minutes ago.”

I stand there in my heels, bra and panties as he opens the door.