Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

A Little Help

I walk back down the hallway in search of Ted when a hand reaches out of a locker room and I get pulled inside. Before I can react, I’m pushed against the wall and lips crash against mine. My hands are pinned on either side of me and I smirk. I pull away a bit and look at Ted.

“Not that I’m complaining but what was that for?”

He grins and kisses me again. His lips over just above mine. “I didn’t get the chance to say it earlier but damn you look hot, Babe.” His breath is warm as his mouth moves to my neck. He kisses and nips at it driving me nuts. “Ted!” I chuckle.

He back up slightly to look at me again. “And I also saw what happened with Kelly before I left.” He smirks. “You’re so sexy when you get mad.”

I smirk and our lips meet once more and my arms encircle his neck. His hands caress my sides right below my top and I grab onto his shirt slightly as I hear something from outside. I pull away a little and try to listen while Ted goes to work on my neck.

Has anybody seen Charity or Ted?

Ted must have heard it since he immediately stops and looks at the door then at me. “I think we should get back out there…” He says.

I’m about to answer when we hear it again. “Yeah, that would be good.”

He kisses me once more. “To be continued…” He smiles making my grin. We separate and fix ourselves. He looks at me and smirks. I smile back and motion to the door. “So Who’s first?”

“Ladies first.” He replies. “I’ll wait a bit and walk out afterwards.”

I nod and open the door and step out. The guy walking around looking for us knocks on a locker room. “You’re looking for me?” I ask loudly as I walk towards him. He turns and nods. “Yeah. You’re needed in the interview area. Do you know where Ted is?”

“I think…” I start to say when I hear Ted from behind me.

“I’m here. One of the guys told me you were looking for me.” He says as he walks over by my side.

The guy looks between us a moment before answering. “Yeah… You’re both needed in the interview area.”

I nod and we start walking towards the interview area. When we get there, Cody is already in his ring gear talking to one of the writers. They both look at us as we walk up.

“Hey Ben.” I greet the writer as we walk up.

“Charity! There you are. Now I believe Cody caught you up with what’s going to happen?”

I nod and he gives us a few last minute instructions before Cody and Ben walk over to the side and Ted walks to the other room. I raise an eyebrow and point in Ted’s direction.

“Don’t worry about it.” Ben says. “Just go with the flow.”

Before I can ask what he means he yells “Action!” and my phone rings. I look at it and see it’s Ted. Leaning against the wall I smile and answer.

“Hey baby!” I say.

“Hey.” I hear Ted’s voice reply. “I can’t wait for our little get away.”

“Me either. I miss you so much! I can’t wait to see you later tonight.”

“Me either. Are you gonna wear something special for me on our trip?” He asks.

I bite my lip. “I guess you’ll just have to wait and see.” I smirk.

“Can’t wait. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye babe.” I say before we hang up. Ben calls ‘Cut!” and Ted walks back over to me.

“Great job you two. Now Cody, get over by Charity and act like you’re warming up.”

He nods and starts walking over to me and takes a deep breath. I sit one of the nearby equipment boxes as Ben calls action again. Cody stretches his arms and does some breathing exercises while I just hang out when my phone signals a message. I pick up my phone and cast a subtle glance at Ted before opening the message.

So what’s this something special? Can I get a hint? ;) -Ted

I smile and reply.

You’ll love it. Trust me. –Charity

I see him smile at that before replying.

What color is it? Red? Black? See-through? ;) –Ted

“What do you think, babe?” Cody asks me bringing me back to the present. I look up.

“Huh?”

“I’ve been talking to you for a while. Did you hear anything I said?” He frowns. My heartbeat quickens as if I’ve really been caught.

“Oh, sorry. No I didn’t. I got distracted…”

He looks at me for a moment. “Who were you texting?”

“Just one of the divas.” I reply nonchalantly. “She wanted to see if I’d be up for a shopping trip.”

Cody stops what he’s doing and walks over to me and leans over so his forearms rest on the box on either side of me and his face is near mine. “Gonna buy something sexy to wear for me later?” He smirks. I run my fingers through his hair on the back of his head, pulling him closer.

“Maybe I will.” I purr into his ear. As I do this I cast a glance at Ted who is looking in the opposite direction. Cody moves so his face is in front of mine and leans in for a kiss. I expect the kiss to be slightly longer than a normal peck on the lips but instead I get steamy, possessive kiss that lasts a bit. As we pull away I look at Cody and see the intense heat in his eyes. After a moment I remember we’re still on camera and smirk.

“Maybe after you win your match tonight, we’ll have to…celebrate.” I say.

His intense stare never wavers as he smirks. “Can’t wait.”

Ben calls cut but Cody keeps my attention for a moment longer.

“Hey you two.” Ben grins. “I said cut.”

Cody’s heated gaze slides over my shoulders to my chest before moving up to my lips then back to my eyes. He smirks. “I guess I’ll see you later…” He leans in towards my ear and I feel his breath on my neck. “Have fun tonight.”

He pulls away and walks over to Ben. “How was that?”

“That was good. You both did great. Cody, if you want you can go change back into your normal clothes since you don’t have a match tonight.” Cody nods and walks away to his locker room. Ben motions me over and calls Ted over as well.

“Now Ted, I loved how you called and texted Charity to make it seem more real.” Ben says. “Now for your scene together—“

He stops as Hunter walks up. “Hey Ben. How’s the scenes going? Sorry I’m late. Had some last minute things to take care of.”

“It’s going well. Cody and Charity already did both their scenes and he’s gone to change. I was just about to explain to Charity and Ted what you had in mind for their scene.”

Hunter grins. “Oh I’ll do the honors.”

I raise an eyebrow at him. This can’t be good if he’s grinning. He’s up to something. Ben shrugs. “Be my guest.”

Hunter turns to us with a smile. “Okay what I want from you two is for this whole affair to be steamy and sensual. Think Edge and Lita.” He says. “And with that being said, for your scene I want to have the camera kinda sneak up on you two talking. We’ll see Charity first and she’s talking about being quiet and we see hands on her hips and Ted, you pull her closer and kiss her. She pulls away smiling saying “What if Cody sees?” and you say something like “He won’t. Trust me.” And you have a mini dialogue which leads into you two kissing which is when the camera reveals that it’s Ted you’re having an affair with.”

“Which will kick off the affair storyline.” Ted adds. Hunter nods.

“Exactly. So… ready?”

Ted and I look at each other and Ted nods. “Yeah, we’re ready.”

We relocate a bit down the hallway to a somewhat secluded area. Ted leans against the wall so he’s out of the shot from the camera around the corner. I stand where I’m told and wait as they adjust the lights and camera angle. “So how are you feeling about this so far?” Ted asks.

I sigh. “Honestly? It’s a bit uncomfortable. I mean we’re basically telling the world what we’re doing. Sure they’ll all think it’s a storyline but…”

“Hey.”Ted interrupts me. I look him in the eye and he smiles. “Let them think what they want. Soon we’ll be able to get away from it all.”

I nod. “I know.”

“And tonight we’ll be able to have fun and act crazy.” He smiles. “Which reminds me, is Cody going?”

I shake my head. “No. He said he wanted to stay back and rest up before his photoshoot with WWE Magazine.” I say. I decide to leave out the part about Cody not going because Ted is going to be there.

“Look at that! More one on one time.”

“Not really. I still have to wear my engagement ring and act like I’m with Cody.” I say, frowning slightly.

“I can withhold my affections for when we get back to the room.” He smirks. “It’ll be torture until then but I’ll manage.”

I chuckle. “Looking forward to it.”

We talk a bit longer until Ben approaches us to once more go over what’s going to happen before walking back over to the camera crew. He calls action and I look at Ted. “You know he’d kill us if he found out.” I say as I play with the neckline of Ted’s shirt.

“We’re careful.” Ted replies quietly as he rests his hands on my hips.

“I know…”

“Come on Babe. It’s time for me and you.”

“Shh.” I say as I glance around. “We have to be quiet.”

Ted pulls me closer and the camera guy moves slightly. “Have I told you have amazing you look tonight?”

“Babe…” I giggle. “What if Cody sees?”

“He won’t. Trust me.” I feel Ted’s thumbs graze over the tops of my jeans. I bite my lip slightly as his fingertips slightly go beneath my waistband.

“Are you sure?” I ask.

Ted smiles at me. “I promise.” He pulls me into a kiss that, like Cody’s, catches me off guard with the intensity. From the corner of my eye, I see the camera move to reveal Ted just as my arms encircle his neck and the kiss deepens. Mid-kiss I hear Hunter call cut and unwillingly separate. I look at Ted and he smiles before we turn both our attention to Hunter.

“Great job! Now from now on, Cody never knows what is happening behind his back. No telling him what happens in the scenes. When we later see him watching the little clips, we want a real reaction. It’ll make it more believable.”

Oh it’ll be believable alright, I think to myself. Hunter dismisses us and we start walking towards the locker room we were in before when I get a text message from Nattie.

Hey girl! Where are you?- Nattie

I reply telling her I’m walking around with Ted since we just filmed some scenes for the storyline.

Sounds fun. You two should come join us in catering. – Nattie

I tell her we will and tell Ted before walking to catering. When we get there, Nattie and Zack are sitting together at a table talking. As soon as we approach their attention turns to us. “Hey!” Nattie greets us with a smile. “Did you talk to Cody?”

I nod. “Yeah. He said he’s going to stay behind this time because he needs to rest up for his photoshoot tomorrow.” I say as Ted and I take a seat.

“Are you serious, bro?” Zack frowns. “So then we have to take him off the list.”

“What list?” I ask raising an eyebrow.

Nattie grins. “Zack made a list of song possibilities for everyone based off the songs on the machine.”

“I even rented a karaoke place for the occasion!” Zack sulked.

“Damn… you rented a place?” Ted asks. “Now that’s commitment.”

“It’s a small place and it has an open bar. Hawkins and I used to go there during our Edgehead days,” Zack explains.

“Now that is something I would have paid to see.” I chuckle. I glance at the list and frown. “Why isn’t Wade and Sheamus singing?”

“They want to be the guest judges.” Nattie chuckles. “They had a lot of fun last time.”

We look over the song possibilities and talk about the choices with them until a little bit before the show. Zack stands up and tells us he’ll see us a little later before he goes out. We say goodbye and excuse ourselves to go watch the show in one of the locker rooms.

As soon as we entered the room, I switched on the tv and sat down on the couch. I look over at Ted to see him grinning. “What are you grinning about?” I ask with a smile. He sits down next to me and wraps an arm around my shoulders and leans in. “Now where were we?” He asks before kissing me.I pull away laughing.

“Ted! You didn’t answer my question.”

He looks at me a moment before replying. “I just locked the door so we can have some privacy.” He says innocently. “That’s all.”

“Oh….”I say grabbing the collar of his shirt. “Proceed then.” I pull him towards me and press my lips against his. His arms go around me and I lean back.

Cody POV

After leaving Charity, my mind is racing and my heart rate is accelerated. I smirked at the thought of her face after I kissed her. Sure I could have done the simple kiss and got it over with but I needed to show her that I’m not giving up. We have history. Too deep of a history to ignore. The only question now is, now what? She kissed me back with the intensity that matched my own but that’s enough. I need to win her heart completely.

I reach my locker room and walk in. Punk is inside sitting on the couch reading one of his comics. He looks up at me and smirks. “How’d it go?”

“Fine.” I mumble as I take off my hoodie. On the top shelf of my locker I see an envelope. I grab it and turn it over. It’s blank. Turning to Punk I hold it up. “What’s this?”

He looks over and shrugs. “Beats me. Some crew member asked me where your stuff is and I pointed it out to him and he put that there and left.”

I frown and look at it. What the hell could it be? I use my finger to open it and take out the small card. I read the handwritten text and my blood runs cold.

“Shit…” I mutter.

I know the truth. Let’s talk. Meet me in catering after before you leave.

~Hunter

“You okay?” Punk asks, cutting through my already racing thoughts. “You’re a bit pale.”

“Yeah…” I turn back to face my locker as I start changing. What could he possibly mean he knows the truth? I take my time changing and say goodbye to Punk and wish him luck in his match before making my way to catering. When I get there, Hunter is sitting at a table idly stirring a cup of coffee. As soon as I approach, I clear my throat to get his attention. It works and he looks at me.

“Hey Hunter. You wanted to talk to me?” I ask as calmly as I can. What scares me even more was he grins.

“Yeah I did.” He says standing up. “Follow me. The show is about to start and I have stuff to do.” We walk down hallway after hallway and I can hear my blood rushing through my ears. Is he going to fire me for being an accomplice in this whole sham? Suspend me? Take my title away? All of the above?

We stop before a door and he pushes it open leading to his makeshift office. “Go ahead and close the door Cody.”He says as he turns on the TV and sits down behind his desk. He messes with his laptop while the Raw theme plays mockingly. Jerry and Cole welcome everyone and Hunter turns down the volume a bit. I silently gulp. Moment of truth.

Hunter looks at me and chuckles. “Breathe Cody. Relax. You’re not in trouble” He grins, “….well, not as badly as you probably should be.”

I relax a little. “But your note…”

“I won’t beat around the bush. I know the truth of it all with you and Charity. I know you two aren’t REALLY together…”

My breath catches and before I can reassure him we are, he continues.

“But I know that deep down, you want to be. You want this whole engagement to be the real deal.”

I frown. “How do you—“

Leaning back, he steeples his fingers and smirks. “Come on Cody. I’ve known you both for years. We’ve worked together for a long time and I’ve seen the way you look at her. She may be oblivious but I observe a lot more than you think I do. Also when Shawn and I paid her a little visit to her home before this whole thing went public to the locker room, she tried to hide it. Shouldn’t a future bride to be annoying about how happy she is to be getting married? She should have been but wasn’t.”

Hearing that I feel a small pain. Is she embarrassed being engaged to me? Even if it’s just a fake engagement?

His voice takes on a softer tone. “I know how much you love her….and I know she feels the same way.” He smiles. “Even if she doesn’t like to admit it. She’s stubborn that way.”

Tell me about it. I think to myself. “How many people know about the engagement not being real?” I ask.

“Just me. Vince might have a hunch but he’s not sure yet.”

“What about Steph?”

Hunter smiles at the mention of his wife. “She’s suspicious but that’s about it. She doesn’t know the full extent of it all like I do.”

Nodding, I sigh. “So…since you know, what’s my punishment?” I ask.

He shrugs. “Nothing. I mean, sure, lying to your boss about an engagement to get somebody a title shot is bad but you’re doing it for a whole other reason. To get closer to the woman you love and show her the possibilities of being with you.”

I stare at him in awe. That was something I never thought I’d hear from the ‘King of Kings’ himself.

“What?” He smirks. “I know what it’s like to try and win a woman’s heart. I did it with Steph.” He chuckles. “I can be quite the romantic when the time calls for it.” As soon as he said that he got serious once more. “That never leaves this room. Got it?”

Chuckling, I nod. “Got it.”

“Now another thing I know is that even though everyone thinks Charity is committed to you, she’s dating somebody else….” He grins. “And by the way you act when he’s around, I think you know exactly who I’m referring to.”

I stare down at his desktop and say his name quietly. “Ted.”

“Yes! The million dollar son, himself!” Hunter exclaims before leaning forward. “And from what I’ve seen, they’re fairly close.”

“Yeah.” I answer miserably. “This new affair part of the storyline doesn’t help either. It just brings them closer.” I’m caught off guard as he chuckles. “What?”

“Cody, do you know who came up with this affair storyline idea?”

I nod. “Yeah, Vince did.”

Hunter shakes his head. “No. I did.”

I felt like I got drop kicked in the chest and all the air in my body was gone. “What?”

“Hold on Cody. Before you get pissed off at me, let me explain.” I nod and he continues. “Knowing of how Charity feels for you but denying it and dating Ted, I wanted to break her down. Stress her out a little to make her crack.”

I frown. “I don’t understand.”

“Okay, let me put it this way, Cody. When people are having an affair, they usually want to keep it a secret. Now that her secret affair is out in the open, it’s going to stress her out. Badly. Eventually it’ll be too much and…”

“They’ll break up…” I say, finding myself smiling.

“But while the tension builds between them, you have play the friend. Be there when she needs somebody to talk to. No matter how jealous you get, act like you’re just there to be a friend. Nothing more. It’ll rebuild that bond you two have.” Hunter grins and leans back. He puts his hands behind his head. “And I’ll be here to help out in any way I can.”

“Thanks Hunter. I appreciate it more than you know.”

“Don’t mention it. Now go enjoy your night off.” He says waving him off. He picks up the remote and raises the volume as Mike’s segment with Laurinaitis and David Otunga in the back plays. I thank him once more and leave his office with a new determined attitude.