Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Home Is Where The Stress Is

Charity POV

I lie back on Ted’s bare chest as we watch the show. His hand lightly brushing against my forearm as it hooked around to the back of his neck. My hand ran through his hair and he presses a small kiss to the inside of my forearm.

Since we’re at work, nothing except a hot make out session happened but I swear…. When he kisses me, my whole body aches to do so much more.

On the screen, Zack is in the back and is on the phone with his dad. He sounds worried about Kane. I grimace as Eve walks into the shot. Ryder asks her out, and after a bit of hesitation, she agrees!

“Poor Zack.” I mutter.

“Why?” Ted asks.

“Because she’s a skank.” I comment and he chuckles. I turn to face him. “What’s so funny?”

He looks at me with a smile as he moves a strand of hair behind my ear. “You. Do you really hate her that much?”

“Yes. She’s a bitch who is plotting against me with her skank commander, Kelly to ruin everything.”

Eve says that Zack will have to wait until after her match with Beth Phoenix tonight.

I look over at the screen. “You’re gonna have your ass handed to you, Bitch!”

As they walk away, a red light appears from under an opening door. Kane creeps his way out, and then closes the door.

“Get her, Kane! Leave the broski and attack the hoeski!” I exclaim. Ted’s hand gently slips across my cheek and he tilts my head to look at him.

“Hoeski?” He asks with a laugh.

“What? She is!” I grin. He leans in presses a kiss to my lips. That’s all that was needed for me to get caught up in kissing him.

We finally pull away from each other as Daniel Bryan is whipped into the corner, but flips free. Kofi flies out with a crossbody, but Bryan catches his arm and applies the LeBelle Lock!

“Great move.” Ted comments.

After the match Daniel Bryan begins to celebrate. The Big Show’s music hits and he makes his way down to the ring.

“Well he’s in trouble.” I chuckle.

Bryan has a mic and says that he hates the way that the World Title match ended on Smackdown. The Title is too prestigious for DQ endings. Bryan says he will give Show a match any time that he wants. Show announces that Teddy Long has made a No DQ, No Countout, Title Match for Smackdown!

“I can’t wait to watch that match!” I exclaim. I look at Ted and smirk. “And since I heard you and Cody both have matches, I’ll be able to stay and watch it.”

He smiles before we turn our attention to the TV.

In the back, Zack Ryder is brushing his teeth in the bathroom. In the mirror we see a brief reflection of Kane. Unsure of what he has seen, a spooked Ryder leaves the bathroom.

Eve makes her way down to the ring for her match. “Bitch.” I mutter. Instead of her opponent appearing, Kane’s music hits. “Yes!” I exclaim sitting straight up. Zack Ryder runs down to the ring to make the save and they head into the back. “No!” I frown. “Damn you Zack! You should have left her there!”

Kane never appears. Zack puts Eve in his car, but the tire is flat. Zack gets out the spare and tries to change the tire without even jacking it up. A panicked Eve pleads for him to hurry.

There’s a quick commercial break then when they come back, Zack Ryder is still trying to change his tire.

It switches to the next match which is Dolph Ziggler vs Cena. Just seeing Cena makes me roll my eyes.

Cena lifts Ziggler up and drops him to his feet. Coming out of the corner, Ziggler is caught in a drop toe hold. Ziggler escapes and begins to stomp on Cena. Ziggler applies a rear headlock. Ziggler transfers into a bridge, and then a headstand. Ziggler hits a side slam. Cena charges, but misses. Ziggler does a couple of sit ups, but misses his elbow. Cena hits a shoulder block and it’s time for the 5 moves of doom. Cena looks for the 5 Knuckle Shuffle, but wait!

On the Titantron, we again see Zack Ryder and Eve Torres. Kane appears, and starts to go after Zack. “Uh oh.” I frown.

Ziggler jumps on the back of the distracted Cena. Kane takes Ryder and choke slams him off the loading platform! Both Ted and I look on in shock as does everyone else. Ziggler is on Cena’s back on the outside. Cena drops him back first into the steel steps! Cena runs from the ring to offer assistance to the Long Island Iced Z. Both men are counted out concluding in a no contest.

Kane punches Cena and then starts to smother him with his fist. Cena is passed out on the loading dock.

The WWE logo shows and we just sit there for a moment. “What the—“ I trail off.

“Maybe we should go check up on him…” Ted adds. “That was hell of a bump. We should see if he’s okay.” I nod and quickly stand up. Ted stands up behind me as I fix my hair and shirt before walking to the door with Ted in tow. I turn around right before I open the door. “Um, Ted?”

“Right. Leave separately….” He says.

“That and…” I chuckle. “Your shirt.”

He looks down at his bare chest and chuckles. “That would be good.” I pull him into a quick kiss. “You get your shirt on and I’ll meet you at the loading docks.”

He nods and I quickly leave the room, making my way to the loading dock.

“Zack.” I call when I reach the docks. I hear a groan from the floor and look down. Zack is still lying on the stack of pallets. “How you doing broski?” I ask. He groans in response making me frown. I feel somebody brush past me and look down. I look over at Ted.

“How is he?” He asks.

“I asked him and he groaned at me so I’m guessing not so good.” I reply. I look back towards Zack before jumping down off the dock onto the ground which is a good 2-3 foot drop. I straighten and walk over towards Zack and touch his arm. “Can you move?”

Another groan and he tries to sit up with a pained expression before falling back. I grab his hand and slowly help him to his feet. “Man, I hurt all over.” He mutters.

“I know Zack.” I soothe.

“You took a pretty bad bump.” Ted says. I walk Zack over to the stairs where Ted gets on the other side of him and sling an arm over each of our shoulders before walking him one step at a time towards the medical area.

“As soon as you’re in with the doctors, I’ll call Nattie to tell her the karaoke night is off until you’re feeling better.” I say. Zack stops and shakes his head.

“No, I’m fine! Really! Please don’t cancel the karaoke night…. Tonight was supposed to be for us having fun!”

“Zack, you really should rest after taking a bump like that.” Ted interjects. “When you’re feeling better, we’ll all go out, drink and sing drunken karaoke. I’ll even buy all the drinks myself.”

Zack pouts but nods. “You’re right. Thanks you guys for understanding.”

“No problem broski.” I smile. We get him to the doctors and grab our stuff before heading to the parking lot. As we walk I take out my phone and dial Nattie’s number. She picks up on the 4th ring.

“Hello?”

“Hey Nattie, it’s Charity.”

“Oh hey girly! Where are you, Ted and Zack? The rest of us are waiting for you at the parking lot so we can head out.”

“Yeah, about that… It’s cancelled.”

“What! How come? Is everything okay?” Nattie asks.

“Well Zack kinda took a big bump and is seeing the doctors right now. He needs to rest up for a while. On the other hand, when he’s feeling better Ted promised we’ll all go out, drink and have drunken karaoke.” I chuckle.

“I’ll even pay for all the drinks!” Ted says from beside me.

“Alright.” She sighs. “Poor Zack. I hope he’s alright.”

“I’m sure he’ll be fine.” I say, smiling even though she couldn’t see it. “So I’ll talk you all of you later, okay?”

“Alright girly. Talk to you later. Have a good night!”

We hang up and make our way to Ted’s vehicle and put our bags in the trunk. Once inside the car, Ted turns to me. “So now what?”

Leaning back in my seat I sigh. “I guess we can drive to the next city, get something to eat and then check into a motel for the night.”

He starts up the car. “Yes ma’am!”

I chuckle and we leave the arena and make our way to Laredo. As I play around with my phone I notice that I have a missed call. It’s Shawn. I frown.

“Everything okay, babe?” Ted asks glancing at me.

“I have a missed call from Sha-my uncle.” I say.

“Oh, I wonder what he wanted.”

I shrug. “I guess I’ll find out.” I dial his number and wait as it rings. Finally my Aunt Becky picks up. “Hello?”

“Hey, Aunt Becky. It’s Charity. You called?”

“Oh, Charity! How are ya doing Honey? Haven’t talked to you in a while!” She says in her sweet southern belle accent. “We heard y’all were in Texas so Shawn called you.”

“Oh, yeah we are. Any idea what he wanted?” I ask.

“Not sure. Hold on Hun. I’ll get him.”

“Alright.” I chuckle. I wait a few moments before Shawn comes on the line.

“About time you call back.” Shawn teases. “I heard you were in Texas for Raw and Smackdown.”

“Yeah. We’re in Corpus Christi right now just leaving the arena. We’re going to head to Laredo, grab a bite to eat then hit the hay.”

“Oh. How about you come up here to San Antonio? You can spend a little quality time with us, eat a home cooked meal. You can sleep in your old room for the night so you can save money. Then you can head out tomorrow for Laredo.”

“I don’t know…” I say, glancing at Ted.

“Oh, is Cody with you? Bring him along. He can sleep in the guest room.” Shawn says.

Oh shit. Now what? “Well actually Ted is with me since Cody has a photo shoot tomorrow.” I say. Hearing his name, Ted looks over at me and raises an eyebrow.

“Ted? DiBiase’s boy?”

“Yeah…”

There’s a silence and I wait for a response. “Hello?” I say finally.

“Bring Ted then. He can sleep in the guest room.” Shawn says. “I’ll see you in a couple hours?”

I run a hand through my hair and sigh. “Uh…yeah. See you in a couple hours.”

After we hang up. I put my face in my hands and groan.

“What happened, babe?” Ted asks. “What’s wrong?”

Straightening, I look ahead at the road. “My uncle heard about Raw and Smackdown being in Texas so he wants us to stay with him for the night to save money.”

“Well that’s nice of him. Where in Texas does he live?”

“San Antonio.”

“That’s not too bad. About the same distance away from Laredo anyways.” Ted points out.

“I guess.” I rest my head against the window and close my eyes. Now Ted is going to find out who I really am. Fantastic. Feeling a hand on my arm, I open my eyes and look over.

“We don’t have to if you don’t want to.” He says softly.

I scoff. “My uncle doesn’t take no for an answer. It’s better to just go and get it over with.”

He changes lanes and passes underneath the sign for San Antonio. “What’s so bad with spending a night at your Uncle’s?” He asks before frowning. “He didn’t do something to you did he?”

“No! Of course not. My uncle loves me to death and would never touch me or anything like that. It’s just that…” I trail off trying to figure out what to say when Ted replying.

“Does it have something to do with me?” He asks.

“Yeah, kinda.”

“Let me guess. He doesn’t know about us yet which makes you nervous. Am I close?”

I nod slightly. He is kinda close except the part that he knows who Shawn is, as any WWE Superstar does, but is unaware that he’s my uncle. Also add in that Shawn thinks I’m in love with Cody and engaged to married in a few months. I’m so screwed.

Cutting through my miserable thoughts, I feel Ted put a hand on my leg. He smiles at me. “Everything will be fine babe. Don’t worry.”

That’s what you think. I think miserably to myself. I nod and look out the window. “I’m a little tired. Do you mind if I take a short nap? And you can just wake me when we’re in San Antonio so I can give you the directions.”

“Yeah go ahead. I’ll wake you when I need you.”

“Thanks.” I smile. I put my arm up next to the window and used it as a pillow as I drifted off.

As promised, Ted woke me up right before we entered San Antonio and I gave him the directions to Shawn’s house. We pull into the long driveway and Ted parks the car and shuts it off. “Here we are!” He grins. “Ready?”

I take a deep breath. “No.” I turn in my seat to face him frowning. “For right now, we shouldn’t break the news about us just yet. It’ll be the first time I’ve come back here in years and I really don’t want to drop that sort of thing. You know? So we should try limiting our affections. Just for tonight.”

Ted frowns but nods. “Yeah, I understand…”

“You didn’t do anything wrong or anything like that. It’s just….” I look away and close my eyes. How should I word this? “My family thinks I’m really engaged to Cody.”

Hearing no response from Ted, I open my eyes to look at him. “Ted?”

“Oh…. That makes sense.” He finally says. He stares down at the steering wheel. “So they think I’m here as your friend and not boyfriend?”

I nod and there’s more silence. “I’m sorry Ted. I never thought this would happen.” I frown.

“And I just have to act as your friend for the night right?”

“Yes.” I grin. “Then I’ll make it up to you, on our trip.”

He looks at me and smiles. “Good. I better get my last kiss for the night from you, now.” He leans in and gives me a passionate kiss that I don’t want to break until there’s a knock on my window. For fear that it’s Shawn we break away and I look over. A wave of relief washes over me as my cousin waves at me. I wave back and so does Ted. We hop out of the car and I hug Casey.

“So glad you’re spending the night!” She beams. She looks past me at Ted. “You too Ted!”

“Me too.” He smiles. “I can’t wait to meet your dad.”

Casey raises an eyebrow at me and I mouth ‘Tell you later.’ She nods before leading us into the house. I’m greeted first by my Aunt who embraces me into a warm hug. “It’s great to see you again, Hun!”

I smile. “You too! You look great!”

“Aww thanks. So do you! You’re an engaged woman now, I hear.” She grins.

I glance at Ted before nodding. “Yep!”

“Can I see the ring?” She asks excitedly grabbing my hand. “It must be beautiful.” Holding my hand in the like she gasps. “Wow. Cody must know a thing or two about rings. It’s gorgeous!”

I look at my ring then at Ted who averts my gaze and looks around at the house. I wore my engagement ring since we were supposed to be going out with Zack and the others but forgot to take it off after what happened to Zack. “Thanks.” I say quietly, withdrawing my hand. “So where’s Shawn, Cam and Chey at?”

“Cameron is upstairs doing his homework. Cheyenne is in her room sleeping.” My aunt says. “And Shawn is in the kitchen. He wanted to wait until you were here so he could eat dinner with you two and catch up.”

“Oh…okay. We’ll join him after we take our things upstairs.” I say picking up my bag but am stopped by Casey.

“Here, I’ll take them to your room and I’ll show Ted the guest room.” She offers with a smile.

“Okay….” I say with a fake smile. I look over at Ted who’s waiting for Casey to lead the way. “I guess I’ll meet you in the kitchen in a few.”

He nods and I turn around. As I make my way to the kitchen I try to think of anything but Ted’s reaction when he finds out who my uncle is. I step into the kitchen and see Shawn sitting at the dinner table with his back to me. He’s reading what I assume to be a newspaper. There’s two place settings besides Shawn’s one on either side of him. I stroll over and hearing my footsteps, he looks up and smiles.

“Hey!” He greets. Putting his paper aside he stands up and pulls me into a hug. “It’s good to see you.”

“It’s good to see you too, Shawn.”

He releases me and looks around. “Where’s Ted?”

“Upstairs with Casey. She’s showing him where he’s staying and helping with the bags. He’ll join us when he’s done.”

Shawn nods and motions to one of the seats next to him. “Here, sit down. Let’s catch up a little while we wait. Tell me about your storyline. I hear it’s taken a new turn…”

I nod as I take a seat. “Oh, you have no idea…”

Ted POV

As Charity turns to leave I look over at her. Her family seems great! I can’t see why she would be so worried about coming back. I shake the thoughts away and follow Casey up the stairs.

“So Casey, it was nice of your Dad to let me come stay with you guys. He must keep tabs on where the WWE is just in case Charity is nearby and can come home.”

“Sometimes. He hasn’t been checking much lately since he’s busy with work.” Casey says carefully.

“Oh… Did Charity call you guys then?”

Casey opens the door to a room. “No Hunter did.”

“Hunter?” I ask. “Is that another family member?”

Casey pauses for a moment before quickly walking into the room. “He’s my dad’s friend.” She says quickly. “Here, this is the guest room you’ll be staying in.”

I follow her and set my backs down next to the bed. I turn to her. “Thanks again Casey.” I smile.

Smiling she nods and walks over to the door. “I’ll be right back. I have to put Charity’s bags in her room. Afterwards I’ll show you where the kitchen is.”

“Alright.” I say. “Unless you want me to just follow you?”

She shrugs. “Okay. Come on.”

Charity POV

As I bring Shawn up to speed on everything WWE, I hear some movement near the door. I look over at Ted who casually walks over. “Sorry for keeping everyone waiting.” He says.

At that moment Shawn turns to look at him. “It’s fine.” He smiles. “Come and sit. Charity was just catching me up on her storyline.”

Ted slowly takes a seat and looks at Shawn with a confused expression. “Shawn?” He glances at me and I avoid his gaze.

“What’s wrong Ted? You look like you saw a ghost or something.” Shawn chuckles.

“You…you’re Charity’s uncle?” Ted asks.

Looking down at the table in front of me, I can sense both men looking at me. “Yes. Didn’t Charity—“

“Okay!” I say smiling. “I’m hungry. Who else is hungry?”

Both men look at me blankly so I pick up my fork. “Mmmm…”I say lifting the cover off my plate. Shawn clears his throat and I look at him.

“Are you forgetting something?” he asks calmly.

“Oh…right.” I put my fork and cover down just as Shawn outstretches his hands. I take one and Shawn bows his head. Ted looks from Shawn, to me then back at Shawn. Poor guys.

Seeing that Ted doesn’t join in Shawn tilts his head towards Ted. “Ted, in this house we’ve always said grace before eating.”

“Oh… sorry.” Ted says before taking Shawn’s hand. I reach out my other hand and Ted clasps it in his own as Shawn bows his head.

“Heavenly Father, we would like to thank you for this meal we are about to receive…” He says, softly. As he says this I look up slightly to see Ted looking at me. I quickly look back down and get ready to say ‘amen’ but Shawn continues. “And Father, we would like to thank you for bringing my niece and her friend here to our home even for just one night. We sure do miss having her around.”

A new wave of guilt passes over me and my stomach knots up. Did he really have to add that last part?

“Amen.” Shawn says finally. Ted and I say amen quietly and release hands. The guys get into a conversation which gives me a quick chance to eat my food and bring my dishes over to the sink. As soon as I stood up, Ted glanced at me.

A few moments later, he joined me up by the sink. I quietly washed my dishes, not knowing what to say. I was fully aware of the heat coming from Ted’s body which was only a few inches away.

“Hey Charity.” Shawn says walking over. I look up. “Yes?”

“Would you mind cleaning this for me, please? I have to make some phone calls.” Shawn says holding out his plate. I nod and take it for him. “Thank you.” He says giving me a hug and kissing my head like he used to.

“Yeah.” I say. He walks out of the kitchen and Ted sighs. “…We need to talk.” He says quietly.

“Can we wait to talk until I’m done? That way we can go for a walk and have some privacy.” I say never looking up from what I’m doing.

“Alright. I’ll be in the guest room when you need me.”

I don’t reply as he walks away. As I wash the dishes, I wipe away the few tears that spilled down my face. Technically I didn’t lie about Shawn being my uncle. I just never said anything about it. Even with that, why did I feel so damn guilty?

I quickly finish up the dishes and put them in the drying rack. Taking a few moments to compose myself, I head up the stairs to the guest room. Since the door is shut, I knock.

I wait and hear footsteps before the door opens. “Alright, ready?”

He nods and follows me down the stairs. I text Casey telling her where we’re going in case Shawn or Becca asks and before we leave the house. Ted walks along side me in silence until we’re on the next street over. He places a his hand on my arm to slow me down. I hadn’t even noticed how fast I was walking.

“Alright… now please explain what’s going on.” Ted says as I stop for a moment.

I sigh and look around me before answering. “I’m sorry… I didn’t think you’d find out this way.”

“Is this the reason you were so stressed out about coming here?” He asks.

“Yeah.” I nod.

“Why didn’t you tell me Shawn was your uncle? I mean he’s Shawn Michaels!” He says emphasizing the Michaels.

“I didn’t just not tell you.” I say looking at him. “I didn’t tell a lot of people.”

He looks down for a moment. “Does Cody know?” He asks quietly.

I nod. “Yeah. But he’s known for a while.”

He nods but doesn’t look at me. “Who else has known?”

“The only people who knew I was related to Shawn was Hunter, the McMahon’s and Cody.” I answer honestly.

Finally he looked at me. “Why didn’t you tell anybody else?”

“Because…” I say as I start to walk again. “I didn’t want everyone thinking I only got into the WWE because of Shawn. I didn’t want to have live in the shadow of Shawn. “

“Oh you mean like I do with my dad?” Ted offers.

“…Yeah.”

What he does next surprises me. He smiles. “Babe… I know you worked your ass off to get to where you are today, regardless of your who your uncle is. I understand how you feel.” He grabs my hand and traces small circles on the back with his thumb. “And I don’t care what others think since I know the truth.”

I find myself smiling. “Really?”

He nods and leans in. Pressing a soft kiss to my lips, he smiles. “Yeah. And now, you don’t have to hide it anymore.”

I sigh. “I guess…but—“

“But what babe?”

I look him straight in the eye. “Can we please keep this just between us? I don’t want everyone to know.”

Leaning his head against mine, he nods. “Of course. It’s not my business to tell.”

Hearing him say this, I feel as though a weight has been lifted and I pull him in for a kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck as he kisses me back. When we finally separate, we’re both smiling. He takes my hand in his and kisses the back of it. “Let’s get back to Shawn’s.” He says.

I agree and we start to make our way back holding hands. As soon as we were about a block away from the house, we released each other’s hands and continued on.