Status: This story actually has over 70 chapters already.... I just need to upload them all lol I'll get there!

My Big Fat Fake Wedding

Ashamed

Early the next morning, we wake up and say goodbye to Shawn and Becca and thank them for letting us stay. “It’s no problem.” Shawn says wrapping me in a hug. “You’re always welcome to stay here when you’re in town or nearby.”

“I know.” I say as I pull away. “I’ll talk to you guys later.”

Shawn nods. “Alright. Have a good show tonight and we’ll see you on the TV.”

I give them both one more hug and then I we walk outside to the car. Ted starts it up and we make our way to way to Laredo . I look out the window for a moment and I see a flower shop. “Hey Ted.”

“Hm?” He says. “Mind stopping up at this shop. There’s something I have to do.”

“Um..sure.” He pulls into the parking lot and as he turns off the ignition he turns to me, “everything okay?”

I nod. “Yeah. It’s just…” I look down at my lap. “I don’t come here very often and since I’m here, I want to pay some respects to my parents. I hope you don’t mind.”

“Not at all. I completely understand.” He says as he shifts and pulls out his wallet. “I’ll even pay for the flowers.” He says with a smile.

“No… you don’t have to do that….” I say.

“No, I do.” He looks at me. “If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be with the amazing woman I am now.”

I chuckle. “That’s so sweet, Ted…. And corny.”

“I know, but it’s true. It’ll be my way of thanking them.” He holds out the money. “Here.”

Sighing, I take the money and give him a kiss. “Thank you.”

“No problem.” he smiles. I get out of the car and walk into the little shop. An elderly woman is standing behind a counter tending to some flowers when the little bell on the door rings. She looks over at me and smiles. “Hello!” She greets. “How may I help you today?”

“Hi.” I smile back. “I would like two single red roses, please.”

She disappears into the back and returns with two single red roses and rings them up. “will that be all?”

I nod and she tells me the total. I use the money Ted gave me and thank the woman before leaving the shop. Ted drives me over to the cemetery and parks the car. “Do want me to go with you?” He asks.

I shrug. “Sure.” We both get out and Ted walks over to me. He grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. I look at him and he gives me a reassuring smile. “Ready?”

“I nod and we pass tombstone after tombstone until I stop. I let go of Ted’s hand an look at him. “This is them. Give me a moment, okay?”

“Alright.” he nods. I turn my attention to the two headstones and walk towards them. I kneel before them and lay a rose before each one and sit back on my heels.

“Hi Mom. Hi Dad.” I say. “I’m sorry I haven’t really visited you two much in the past. Life has been….hectic.” I feel tears start to form and I wipe them away. “I know that’s no excuse. After you guys died I went through a rough patch. I cut off almost everybody out of my life. Shawn has been great to me since you passed on. Shawn still misses you Mom. You’re his only sister and it was hard on him, Uncle Randy and Uncle Scott. “ I look down at my hands. “I even cut Cody out of my life until he somehow walked back into my life.” I smile slightly at the memory. “Even though I cut myself off from wrestling, blaming it for the reason I lost you two, I ended up following in Shawn’s footsteps anyways.” I let out a small chuckle. “After college I found this wrestling school down in Louisville, Kentucky and decided to enroll for the hell of it. Little did I know that Cody did the exact same thing. We re-met and he said I looked familiar and asked if we met before…” My smile fades “And I lied to him saying we haven’t. I didn’t want to try reliving the past. He looked happy and was in a relationship and I didn’t want to ruin that! I also was in a relationship with a wrestler that Shawn set me up with. I was actually engaged when Cody and I became close friends once again during our training and….” I close my eyes as I relived the memory. “I found Cody sitting on the apron of the practice ring after class. He looked upset so as his friend I sat next to him and asked what was wrong. He confessed that his girlfriend had just broken up with him and how he was confused.” I shake my head. “I didn’t understand and asked him why he was confused and then he looked at me and…I don’t know what happened. We had a moment….before I knew it, Cody leaned in and so did I. He kissed me and I kissed him back. When we slowly pulled away, I was confused and he just looked at me. He was about to say something, when I heard my fiancé call my name and I apologized and said I’d see him later and just left.” I reopen my eyes and look down at one of the roses. “I still have no idea why something so wrong felt so incredibly right…. I mean I was engaged to be married and there I was kissing my best friend….” I let out a sigh. “I guess history loves to repeat itself, doesn’t it.”

I just sit there a moment before finally standing up. “I love you both and miss you everyday….” I say. I stand there a moment as I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look over at Ted as the tears again start to form and blur my vision. He pulls me into a hug and holds me tight as I cry into his chest. Luckily he’s wearing a jacket because by now he has a huge wet spot. He rubs my back and comforts me until finally I’m able to pull myself together. I pull away and take a deep breath, still holding onto him. “Thanks Ted.

I say.

“Of course, Babe.” He says planting a kiss on my forehead. “You know, I bet they’d be really proud of the woman you’ve become.”

Pulling away from him I shake my head. “no. That’d be ashamed.” I look back at the graves before I start to make my way back to the car. Ted joins me and starts up the car and we hit the road.

We ride in silence the entire trip to Laredo and get to our hotel before Ted finally speaks. “I think I have an idea of what you meant but just to be sure, why do you think your parents would be ashamed of you?” He asks as he grabs the bags out of the trunk.

“Just this whole confusing you, me and Cody situation.” I say. “In front of everyone, I have to kiss Cody and everything, even if in front of you and I can’t go out and enjoy being with you in public for fear it’ll get back to Vince…”

Ted sets down the luggage and walks in front of. He puts his hands on my shoulders. “I know it’s tough. But like I keep reminding you,” He smiles. “ After tonight, we’ll be off on a mini vacation where we’ll be far away from everyone and can enjoy just being a couple.”

“I can’t wait.” I say. I grab my bags and Ted grabs his and we walk into the hotel. While Ted checks us in, I send a quick text to Ally telling her I’ll meet her to text me the address of the dress shop and the time she’s going. As soon as Ted gets our key cards we go up to the room and we set our stuff inside. Ted catches me off guard as he picks me up and sets me on the bed smiling. “What are you doing?” I chuckle as he sits on the edge of the bed and leans over me.

“Nothing.” He says innocently. “You look tired.”

“I am tired.” I reply truthfully. “But I have stuff I have to do.”

His hand gently moves up and down my side, comfortingly. “Like what?”

“I have to make an appearance at Cody’s photo shoot, Ally wants me to go dress shopping with her and the girls…”

“So you’ll be gone all day?” He frowns.

“Yeah. But think of it this way,” I smile bringing my hand up to run my fingers through the back of his hair. “After Smackdown tonight, I’ll be all yours for 6 days.”

“That’s true. Besides I was going to go work out…”

“Then go! I’ll meet you either here before or at the Smackdown taping tonight.” I smile.

He returns my smile and nods. “Alright. How about we just say we’ll meet here and head over together but if that changes, we’ll call each other. Okay?”

“Perfect.” He leans in and gives me a kiss before we break away to get changed. While Ted is getting changed to go work out, I also changed from my old faded blue jeans and t-shirt into a black pinstripe off-shoulder corset top and black skirt with black and silver stiletto heels with a strap. I fix my hair into some loose curls and redo my makeup before spraying myself with some of Victoria Secret Tease Eau de Perfum. Ted is packing up his gym bag when I walk over to him.

“Well? How do I look?” I ask. He turns his head and scans my form. “Well?”

“Wow…” He says straightening. He walks over to me and his arms encircle my waist as he pulls me closer. “Are you sure you can’t stay here with me a little bit longer?” He asks with a mischievous grin. His eyes sweep over my shoulders and I chuckle.

“I wish I could but I have to get going. Besides…” I lean forward and move past his lips to his ear. Just below on his neck, I press a light kiss. “the longer the wait, the better it will be.” I whisper. He lets out a small groan and I smile as he pulls me a bit closer. Being pressed so close to him, I feel something down below.

“Sorry Babe…” I whisper. Just to mess with him a little, I move my hands down and go under his shirt to his waistband to his shorts and gently brush my fingertips over the indents of his hips. “That will just have to wait for right now.”

I pull away and his heat gaze meets mine and a smirk starts to form. “You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

Smiling, I nod. “Yeah.” I chuckle. I lean in for a small kiss only to get enveloped into a passionate kiss. Unfortunately I have to break myself away mid-kiss making him grin.

“I’ll….see you later.” I say as I walk backwards and grab my keycard, phone and bag.

“Alright.” He chuckles. “I’ll see you later. To be continued!”

I laugh and leave the room before quickly running to the elevator. Once inside, I check and fix my hair and makeup. Time to play the fiancé.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrive at the studio just as they are adjusting the lights. I causally walk in and smile as Cody looks over. He’s in basketball shorts, sneakers and a hoodie when I walk up to him. “Hey Babe.” I say giving him a kiss. “Sorry I’m late. Breakfast with the girls ran a little late.” I smile. Cody looks at me and I can tell he knows exactly why I’m late. Regardless, he smiles at me.

“That’s alright. We’re still getting set up anyways.” He takes a seat nearby and motions me over. Pulling me onto his lap, he kisses me. Before pulling away, he lingers close to me. “I‘m glad you came.” He whispers. He leans his head back and gives me a smile. Warmth spreads through me and I smile back. “Me too.”

When everything is ready, I hop off his lap and take his hoodie as he stands before the camera. In front of him on the ground is a barbell with three 25 pound plates one either side equaling up to about 165 pounds in all counting the bar. Some guy whom I guess is the trainer for the workout walks over to Cody. “Okay Cody, now I need you to pick up the barbell and place it in front of your shoulders with your palms up as if you’re creating a shelf for it with your arms.” The trainer says. Cody nods and bends over to pick of the barbell. He grunts slightly but seems to lift it with easy and holds it up with his palms up like the trainer said.

“Hold that pose, Cody.” The camera guy says. He snaps a few pictures and tells the trainer to continue.

“Now bend your knees forward with your back straight and your knees aligned with your feet.” he says. “Descend till your thighs are slighter deeper than parallel to the floor.”

Cody nods as he takes a deep breath and does as he’s told. As he squats, the camera guy once more tells him to hold the pose while he takes a couple pictures.

Next he’s told to grasp the barbell with an overhand grip and hold it at shoulder height. They take a picture then he’s told to lift it above his head while they take another few picture.

He hands the barbell off to the trainer and they hand him a water bottle. He takes a drink as the trainer walks back up with an exercise ball and places it over to the side and then grabs two 45 pound dumbbells. As soon as Cody is finished drinking, the trainer takes the water bottle and hands him the dumbbells. They take a take a picture with him standing with a dumbbell in each hand then another when he’s doing a lunge. Next they take pictures of him using the exercise ball doing a Swiss ball hamstring curl then while doing a Swiss ball knee tuck.

As he finishes up, he’s handed a towel to wipe off any sweat and his water bottle. The three of them talk and look at the pictures while I wait. Cody turns and motions me over. I obey and he wraps an arm around me as he shows me the pictures. “How does it look, Babe?” he asks.

“Looks good.” I smile. “Sexy even.” I smirk. He smiles at me and is about to lean in when another guy walks over with a clipboard in his hand.

“Excuse me.”

Cody looks up at him. “Yes?”

“I’m Max Bakke and I’m writing the article for the body shop. Is there any advice you want to give?” Max asks.

“Yeah. The simplest change you can make --a change I made in the WWE -- To burn calories and build lean muscle is to switch from high repetitions with low weight, to fewer reps with more weight. The big three lifts -- bench press , dead lifts, and squats -- all involve multiple muscle groups and decrease time in the gym without sacrificing effort.”

From the corner of my eye I see somebody waving and turn to see a woman about my height wave me over. “Babe, I’ll be right back.” I say.

“Alright.” He gives me a kiss and I head over to the lady.

“Hi!: She greets holding out her hand. “My name is Teri Ericco.”

“Hello.” I smile as I shake her hand.

“Are you ready for your interview and photo shoot?”

I give her a confused look. “What interview and photo shoot?”

“Oh no.” She sighs. “I take it nobody contacted you about it.”

“About what?” I ask, slightly irritated.

‘Since you’re the main focus in the Divas Division with your storyline and wedding, you’re WWE Magazine’s Diva of the Month for February!”

“Oh! That’s great!” I grin. “Nobody ever contacted me about anything. I’m just here in support of my fiancé, Cody.”

“Well, ready to go do this? I’m conducting the interview and then afterwards we’ll get you ready for your photo shoot!” She beams.

“Yeah, just let me tell Cody where I’m running off to so he doesn’t worry something happened.” I say with a chuckle. I leave her and make my way back over to Cody. “Codes!” I say excitedly. He looks over at me and raises an eyebrow. “I just found out I have an interview and photo shoot right now.”

“Oh, for what?”

I smile. “February’s Diva of the Month.”

He returns my smile. “That’s great! Do you want me to be there?”

“You don’t have to…”

He steps closer to me and grabs my hand. “I want to be there.” I look him in the eye and feet the heat rise to my cheeks. I wasn’t sure whether it was because we were in public or because he just wants to be around me.

I bite my lip. “Alright. I have to go do my interview first so you can go get changed and I’ll meet you out here.”

“Perfect.” He smiles. Grabbing the fabric of my top he pulls me toward him and gives me light, but sweet kiss. “See you in a bit.”

He steps away and I just stand there for a moment before shaking my head and walking away. I follow Teri to a small room with a table, two chairs, lamp, and a mini fridge. She motions for me to sit and walks over top the fridge. “Would you like something ton drink?” She asks.

“Water would be nice if you have some.” I smile. She grabs a water and hands it to me before sitting down in the chair opposite from me

“Alright, now this piece is called ‘All About Charity’ and basically I’ll ask you 14 questions about things we don’t know about you. Are you ready?” She smiles.

“Let’s do this!”

She picks up her notepad and pens and crosses her legs. “Okay, so what is the first thing you do every morning?”

“Honestly? Check my phone.” I say with a chuckle.

“I’m the same way.” She smiles as she writes this down. “So what is something get wrong about you?”

I think about this for a moment. “Aside from the fact that since I’m a heel, I’m a total bitch in real life?” I smirk.

“Yes.” Teri grins.

“Hm… I’d have to say that because I’m a WWE superstar, I live in a mansion when I actually live in a nice but not very flashy apartment.”

“With Cody?” She asks. No.

“Of course.” I smile. “Why wouldn’t he? We’re engaged, aren’t we?”

She blushes. “Sorry, I didn’t mean anything by it. There are a lot of couple who are engaged but don’t move in together until after they’re married.”

“Oh.” I say, feeling a little self conscious for being so jumpy. “Well, we do live together.”

She nods and looks down at her list. “Alright, next question…What’s a crazy thing a guy did to win you over?”

I grin as I thing about the time Cody stripped for Wade. “I’d have to say when he swallowed his pride and went through with this embarrassing dare when he lost a bet. It was so funny and even though he hated it, he saw it through to the end.”

“That’s really cool.” She smiles. “I bet it turned out well in the end.” If you call sleeping together better, sure.

“Of course.” I fake a smile.

“I couldn’t date anyone who doesn’t like my…” She says.

“Fetish with Batman.” I laugh. “I am seriously obsessed with Batman. If you don’t like Batman, you have no chance with me.”

“Is Cody a Batman fan as well?” She asks.

“Sort of. I mean we went to a costume party a while back and while I was Bat Girl, He was Robin.” I give her a sly smile. “A very sexy Robin at that.”

She smiles. “I can get away with anything I want if…”

“I give Cody the Puss in Boots look or use my charm.” I say. “Works every time.”

“What would you say is your favorite sport to watch?”

“I’d have to say either Basketball or baseball.” I reply. “Both are so easy to follow in my opinion.”

“Who would you mix in order to make the perfect diva?”

“I’m already here!” I laugh. “But All joking aside, I would have to say Lita, Trish, Natalya and Beth Phoenix. That would make a Beautiful, Smart, Tough woman with amazing strength, charisma, Technical wrestling skills and high flying skills.”

“Great picks! All great women.”

“They are.” I nod.

“Guys would never think this about me but…”

“I appreciate a sweet, funny guy over muscular, rough and gruff men.” Like Ted and Cody.

“Have you ever made a man cry?” She asks, her lips curling into a smile.

“Of course.” I smirk. “When I break their hearts or…”

She raises an eyebrow. “Or what?”

“Or when I accidentally knee them where it hurts.” I say, blushing slightly at the memory of kneeing Cody in the crotch when he tried to make a move on me and I moved. She chuckles and I smile.

“I take it that’s happened before?” She asks.

“Yes. Accidentally.”

“So what does Charity do to unwind?” She asks.

“Well I like to pour myself a nice bowl of John Cena and watch House M,D. and Big Bang Theory marathons.” I say with a huge grin.

She laughs and writes that down. “He must taste delicious.”

“Absolutely.” I chuckle. “Very fruity.”

She goes through the other questions and before long the interview is over. She thanks me for my time before leading me to wardrobe where they dress me in black shorts, black sports bra with torn black mesh tank top over it, sneakers and black fingerless gloves. Afterwards as I sit in the chair for hair and makeup, there’s a knock. We all turn to see Cody in the doorway. “Excuse me.” He smiles. “May I come in?”

“Hi Cody.” the hair stylist, Lorna Butler, says. “Come on in.”

“Thanks.” He walks in and his eyes instantly go to me. He gives me a small smile and his eyes scan my form. “I was told you were finished with your interview.” He says. “Teri said you’d either be in wardrobe or in hair and makeup.”

“Well, you found me.” I say.

The makeup girl, Kim Grey, motions for him to sit down as Lorna finishes up my hair. I have loose waves that look wet since they’re trying to great the ‘post-workout’ look. “What do you think?” She asks as she looks at me in the mirror.

“I love it.” I grin. She smiles and looks back at Cody.

“How does she look, Cody?”

Cody looks at me through the mirror. “Amazing as she always does.”

I quickly look away from him and both women chuckle. “Awwww!”

Lorna and Kim trade places and Kim explains to me the look she’s thinking off. We come to an agreement and she starts to prep me.

As soon as Kim is finished, Lorna fixes my hair and then I’m coated in baby oil to give my body that sweaty gleam. Cody stands off to the side chuckling at my reaction to getting rubbed down. “what are you laughing at?” I tease. “You used to do this.”

“Hence the past tense.” He laughs.

“Oh, you loved it.” I grin.

“I did.” he smirks. “But only because you were the one rubbing it on me.”

I redden as Lorna and Kim giggle. “I was just being a friend.”

Soon I’m shiny and look like I just had an intense training session. I walk with Cody to the set. “Way to make things awkward.” I mutter. Looking over at me he frowns.

“what did I do?”

I stop and turn to look at him. “Really? ‘only because you were the one rubbing it on me.’”

He laughs. “I was joking around.”

“Hmph.” I say, starting to walk away. He gently grabs my arm to stop me.

“I’m sorry. Let me make it up to you. Have lunch with me.”

“Cody…” I start to say but he cuts me off.

“Come on, Char. Please? For old times sake?” Pleading with his eyes, I could feel myself crumble. Damn him for knowing my kryptonite.

“Fine.” I sigh. “But I need to stop by my room after all this and shower and change before I have to head down to the dress shop.”

“Dress shop?” He asks, giving me a confused look. “I though you already bought your dress?”

“Not for me. For Ally.”

We get to the stage and I’m approached by really buff Drake look-a-like. “Hi!” He greets. “You must be Charity. My name is Marius Bugge. I’ll be your photographer today.”

“Nice to meet you.” I smile. He has Cody step off to the side as he explains what he wants to have me do. The first shot I stand before the camera, chin tilted down slightly. My hands are up in front of my chest. One hand in a fist and the other over it as if I’m cracking my knuckles. Next they had me pose with a punching bag.

It’s close to 1 PM when we’re finally finished. I thank Marius and everyone else before I go and change back into my normal clothes. Cody and I head back to the hotel where we separate to our own rooms to shower and change. I’m just putting the finishing touches on my makeup when there’s a knock at my door. I check my hair and makeup in the mirror before smoothing down the front of my dress. I walk over to the door and open the door. Cody is there wearing a t-shirt, jeans and sunglasses on his head.

“Wow.” He comments seeing me. “You really went all out for me, didn’t you?”

I roll my eyes as a smile creeps across my face. He smiles at me and motions down the hall. “Shall we?”

I nod. “We shall.”