I Don't Care What You Are, You'll Always Be Mine

What did they do to you?

Gerards POV

You know what I wanna know... is who knew being a vampire was so much freakin fun? I mean, sure, killing people isn't exactly all that pleasing, but you do what you gotta do, right? Well, for me, thats drinking the soothing, warm blood of people. Its oddly satisfying.

"Gerard? Time for dinner, honey!" My mom called from the kitchen. Great. Another dinner, just awkwardly sitting there messing with the tasteless food on my plate. It seems that ever since I became a vampire all other food just lost its taste for some reason. I can still vaguely taste it, but it all tastes the same in a way.

After a couple long, awkward minutes of silence at the table, my mom asked the worst question. "So when do I get to meet your boyfriend, Frank?" She beamed across the dinner table. Mikey looked at me and shook his head.

"Uh... Frank? Oh, uh, I'm not sure you would like him very much Mom. He has a lot of tattoos and piercings..." I crossed my fingers under the table.

"Oh I don't care, Gerard. I respect that." She smiled. "Now, you never answered my question."

I had to think fairly quick. "Uh... when we go up to visit him maybe? Depends on how hes... feeling..." I glanced over at Mikey. Luckily the doorbell rang before my mom could respond. Mikey was the one to answer.

"Rayne? What are you doing here...?"
"Uh, can I talk to you Mikes..."
"Sure..." He shrugged and stepped outside, shutting the door behind them. I wonder what was so important.

Rayne's POV

"I kinda need your help..." I said.

"With what?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Uh, I kinda... maybe... possibly told my parents..." I looked around and lowered my voice. "that i'm a vampire..." i finished in a hushed tone. Mikey's eyes widened and remained silent. "They're gonna..." I stopped myself. Mikey looked worried enough.

"Tell me Rayne. What happened."

"They're gonna take me away and...and... I don't know..." I sunk to my knees on the steps and buried my face in my hands. Mikey knelt down quietly.
"Rayne. You'll be okay. Did they believe you?" I looked up at him, wiping away my tears.
"They have a crucifix Mikey." I pulled up the back of my shirt, revealing the wounds and burns. "and they... they used a knife..." Mikey looked at me. I rolled up my sleeve and sure enough on my forearm was carved the word "Monster".

"Oh my gosh Rayne..." He gasped.

"I can't believe they would do that. I mean, my own parents. I thought that they would understand, that they would help me and still love me as their daughter. But no. No I was wrong. They never cared about me. They're going to wake up the next morning and not even care I left without leaving a note. I'm just a monster. A horrible, disgusting creature that does nothing but kill. Just like your mom said." I said. "I... I just don't know who, or what, i am anymore Mikey..."

"They also... tried to..." I paused to take in a shaky breath.
"They tried what?" He said quietly. I couldn't answer, so instead I showed him again what they had done to me. I took off my hoodie, and my tee shirt, revealing a white,blood stained cami. But the blood was all coming from one spot. The heart.

"They tried to stake me Mikey." And then I lost all control and broke down. "They took a sharp wooden stake and stabbed me in the heart. It hurt more than any other pain in the world. I wished I could die right there and leave this all behind. But half of the pain wasn't from the wound... it was from my parents. Their hatred broke me and hurt me. I thought that they cared and loved me. But..." I continued to cry. I felt Mikey wrap an arm around me.

"Its okay Rayne... I understand." he reassured me and it actually made me feel better, knowing her still loved me. No matter what.

"Yo, guys, my mom told me to... whats going on..." Gerard opened the door and looked from me to Mikey. Then he saw my arm and the blood that was still barely leaking from the wound. He scowled. "Who did this."
"my...my..." I began but Mikey helped me out and finished it for me.
"Her sad excuse for parents." He said and shook his head. " the fact they would do this to their daughter is horrible."