Status: comment for chapters

Caged Bird.

CHAPTER ONE

I remember when I was younger, around seven years old, I was so afraid of the darkness. I would tell myself there was things hiding in the darkness ready to eat me at any given moment. My mother would hug me and kiss me, she would tell me there were nothing to be afraid of.

”Mommy and daddy will be here to protect you baby, so will your brother.” she would always tell me. As I grew older I stopped being afraid of the darkness, because she was right, there were absolutely nothing to be afraid of. And they were there to protect me from what would hurt me.

But not now, there's no mommy or daddy, no big brother to protect me. I try to get used to the thick darkness that lays in the room but every time I somehow got close, my head started to hurt bad. I rub it trying to remember what had happen, why I was in this dark room. My mind wander back to the last episode I remember, the man, the man who asked about the time. Why would he do this, he seemed so kind and harmless? I laugh quietly myself, no one is harmless. We all pretend that we are kind to hide what our real intentions are.

I am brought back to reality by a door being open and light filling the room I am in. I cover my eyes wincing at the sudden brightness, being in this dark room for however long I have been here, has made my eyes forget the light. I hear a harsh chunk noise and then what sounds like a door being opened, I pull my hand away slightly to see that I have been sitting in a cage and they have now opened it. Two men walks in and grab me harshly by the arms then pull me out. I whimper but does not fight back, I had seen the guns in their belt and I am afraid of death.

They pull me up some stairs and down a corridor, I try to remember how it all looks so I will remember it when I try to escape. But it is no use, my head hurts too much for me to try to remember anything at all. We continue forward along narrow corridors, turning as it does, after what seems hours they stop in front of a door. They knock before walking in and throw me down in the carpet with a loud thump. I groan getting up trembling and look up.

I was now in a office of some sort, shelves with books and folders take up the wall sides, in front of me stands a large desk which is also filled with books and folders. Behind the desk sits a man, around the age of my father, he looked harsh and mean. I gulp slightly getting scared, is he going to kill me?

”Is this the one?” he asks the men who brought me in, they all nod in agreement.

”Yes sir, this is Jack Davies's little sister.” Jack? What has jack done? Oh god he hasn't sold me or something? No he wouldn't do that.. he loves me!

” Good-evening Ayla, I hope your kidnapping hasn't been too harsh.” the old man smirks. I gulp, kidnapping? I have been kidnapped, why?

”W-why h-have you kidnapped me?” I ask them. I prayed not to hear what my mind was telling me was the reason. The old man sigh loudly and gets up from the chair then walks around the desk and stand in front of me.

”Because we know that your dear brother would do anything to get you back, which means he will pay us everything he owns us.” he tells me, I look up at him questioningly. Own? Has my brother lent money from these men, who are they?

”I-I don't understand sir, m-my brother pays his debt, and he lends money from me.. why would he lent from you?” I ask, knowing I will not like the answer. They all laugh and the man crosses his arm over his chest.

”you clearly don't know anything about your brother do you? He's a drug head, he's been borrowing money from us and buying drug from us for money he doesn't have. We've been patience for too long, we want our money now. And you are going to help us.” I get tears in my eyes, it can not be true. How stupid can my brother be.

”P-please sir, he has no money.. just l-let me go” I beg him, anger fill his eyes the next thing I know his hand collapse with my cheek and he grabs onto my hair and pulls me up to his eye level. I cry out and my hands immediately goes up to my hair, trying to get his hands away.

”he should have thought abut that when he lent the money!” he spits into my face. ”you will stay here as long as it takes for him to pay me the money. If he refuses we kill you, simple is that.” with that he throws me face down in the carpet. I whimper knowing I will be bruised badly from this.

”Take her into Matthew's room. Tell him I said not to touch her before I say so.” tears starts to fall as they pull me out of the office and down a different corridor towards what might be my personal hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry the long wait :s

comment//subscribe
tell me what you think :)