Status: Updates whenever I can! Thank you for reading!

Passenger Seat

Put Me Back Together

I got to Gilbert at around, 5:30 P.M. I would’ve come earlier if I wasn’t such a lazy-ass. I put out my cigarette before opening the trunk and grabbing my dark blue duffel bag. I gave the trunk a good slam as shut and walked towards the porch steps. I knocked three times and immediately, Aunt Nessa opened the door and welcomed me in with a warm hug.

Weirdly enough, she smelled more like a mom than my own mother did. My mom smelled like rosaries and holy water. Aunt Nessa smelled like cookies and pies. She let go of me and I dragged my bag across the entrance to the living room. I stood still as she held me by the shoulders to take a good look at me.

“I haven’t see You since Christmas!” She gladly remarked as she hugged me tightly once again. “I’m glad You’re here, Cass.”
“Same here.” I smiled as she let go once again.
She showed me upstairs and opened one of the doors, leading to a room. It looked plain, nothing special, just boring baby powder blue walls with a queen sized bed in the middle. “Well, I hope You like it, it’s nothing much but the mattress is new and You could sleep there for days.”
“Sounds like my type of mattress.” I joked as I set my bag on the bouncy mattress.
“I’ll be downstairs if You need anything.” She smiled as she left a spare key by the nightstand. And before leaving, she gave me a hug goodbye.

Honestly, that was not needed and awkward. I’m starting to think this is one of my mother’s many plans to get me on track again and help me ‘Move on’ with my life. Deep Sigh. And I thought I was actually helping someone I cared about.

I don’t get why everyone was so hopped up on me Moving on. They’ve been working on this for a year now and I’ve been open to it! I’ve just been taking baby steps. Hey, Baby steps are steps, nonetheless.

I got downstairs again and I saw Aunt Nessa talking on the phone in the kitchen, probably with my mother. I didn’t want to disturb her so I just quietly went up to her and smiled, hoping I could actually feel like I was useful.

She put down the phone and asked me what I needed. “I was hoping I could get something done here around the house? Clean up the dishes? Wash the car? Anything?...” I trailed off while placing both of my hands inside my dark jean pockets.

“Oh no! I don’t want You to be cleaning anything, but I could use some help with Michael.”
I listened attentively as she went on how they just found out he had AD/HD and he has been having trouble lately with his studies and such. “Oh so You want me to tutor him?” I asked.
“No, I actually I was hoping You could drive him to school in the morning? I have a meeting tomorrow and I don’t think I’ll be able to take him.”
“Yeah sure, no problem. 8:30, right?”
“7:30, Actually.”

I cursed to myself but smiled and nodded like a polite little lady. She thanked me and said that I was a life saver. I giggled as a reply and thought I had nothing else to do here so I ran up to my room and decided to check on my e-mail.

I constantly kept refreshing and no new notifications would come up.

So this is how its gonna be, eh? Me lying on the bed, constantly waiting for something that I know will never come.
“Who are You?”
I sat up properly and saw a little boy standing by the door way. He was wearing some boxers, an old Tom and Jerry shirt and was barefoot.
“Hi, I don’t think You remember me but I’m Cass. I-I’m Your cousin.” I replied, getting out of the bed and slowly approaching him.
“What are you doing here?”
“I’m here to watch over You guys for a while.” I smiled, crossing my arms in front of my chest.
“What is that?” He pointed towards my laptop.
“What? My computer?...You seriously have never seen a computer?” I looked at him obscurely
He shook his head as I walked back to my bed, placed the laptop back on my lap and gestured him to sit next to me. He hesitated for a bit and then decided to walk towards the bed. He stood in front of me as I showed him the screen and some of the applications I had.
“This is called a laptop,”
“What can you do with it?”
“Everything…listen to music, look at pictures, and take pictures that kind of stuff.”
“Can you bake bread with it?”
“No. Of course not why would you—“
“Can you eat it?”
“No..”
“Then you lied, you can’t do everything with it.” He sassed his way out my room and into the hall.

I was kind of shocked with how he reacted, kind of weirded out too. But it’s just another thing I need to get used to.
Kids these days.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here, Its clear, that I'm not getting better
When I fall down, you put me back together
-Weezer

Comment, Subscribe, Recommend, Keep reading etc etc Thank youuuu C: