Status: I hope you guys enjoy this small story! Dedicated to my Big Sis at heart Leslie <3

There Is No Void That Can’t Be Covered With Love

Stepping Into the Adventure of a Lifetime

“THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! YOU ARE THE REASON WE STAND HERE TODAY! WE’D BE NOTHING WITHOUT YOUR SUPPORT! WE LOVE YOU! GOODBYE VENTURA! WE ARE OF MICE & MEN!”

As Austin, Aaron, Alan, Phil, and Tino left the stage and the warped roadies started cleaning up their set, the crowd started to dissipate as kids began running to the next stage their other favorite bands were playing at, but not completely since another band was going to be playing next. I used my extremely shaky hand to take out Austin’s backstage pass. How was it that I, Leslie, ended up with Austin Carlile’s pass in my very palms? What was I supposed to do now? What could Austin have possibly wanted me to do with this? Without further thought, I took off into the world known as “backstage”.

Arriving to the entrance into the world of band members… I couldn’t believe I was about to see probably every band member I loved with just one step forward. Anyways, arriving there, of course security had to stop me. I cringed, feeling as if I was going to be in crazy trouble if they believed I stole the pass or made a fake one to step in.

“Pass, miss,” the huge security guard stated.

I showed the man the pass in my possession and he swiftly snatched it from my hand. Studying it closely, the security guard gave a slight nod.

“Alright, you can enter”

A huge smile swiped across my face as I took the first few steps into the biggest adventure of my life. The security guard looked at me quite suspiciously, so I bit my lip and sped into the backstage mystery. My heart was racing at the speed of light as my feet glided across the ground. To my surprise, I couldn’t find any member of the band at all… Where had they gone?

Furiously shifting my head left and right, I slammed into a thin, lanky body. I stepped back and quickly apologized until I noticed who I had just rammed myself into. My cheeks began to burn, my face probably looking like the brightest tomato ever. I stared up at the light-skinned, gorgeous man staring at me oddly.

“Whoa there shorty, looks like you’re in a hurry. You don’t look familiar at all. What brings you to this neck of the woods?”

I opened my mouth to reply but nothing came out for a good 30 seconds. I managed to spit out the words:

“You’re Mike Fuentes…”

Yup, I had bumped into the drummer who could make any girl melt.

“Hey! You know me?! That’s awesome! You must be a fan… How did you get in here?!”

So to recap… I had a pass handed to me by my favorite frontman of all time and I somehow managed to get into conversation with the best drummer of 2012 all in the span of a good half an hour. The force was definitely in my favor that day.

“Well, Austin Carlile handed me his All Access pass during his set just now… You wouldn’t happen to know where he is right now, would you?”

“Austin gave that to you? Hmm, well doesn’t he know how to spot them. Yeah, he’s at the Of Mice & Men tent signing right now. You’ll probably be waiting a good hour or more.”

Hold the phone, my head exploded by that point. Mike Fuentes had called me appealing; he really can make any girl fall to her knees.

“Oh, right, I don’t know how I didn’t think of that… Thank you so much Mike. And uh… could I possibly get a hug? I’m such a huge fan of Pierce the Veil you don’t understand how much I’m dying here.”

“Aw! You’re too much, of course you can! Better yet, why don’t you spend your hour waiting for Austin with me? It’s better than just sitting around. Want to grab a beer?”

“How can I pass that up? I’d be more than happy to! You don’t know how much this means to me…”

And so, walking next to Mike Fuentes, we headed towards the beer “garden” as I like to call it and chilled there for quite a while. This was the one Warped Tour I was never EVER going to forget.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment :)