Status: I hope you guys enjoy this small story! Dedicated to my Big Sis at heart Leslie <3

There Is No Void That Can’t Be Covered With Love

Blossoming Love

My feet were oddly close to Austin’s as we moved to a quiet red tent hardly anyone resided in to escape the heat. I couldn’t care that my skin was practically begging for a heap load of sunscreen to sooth its burning. Nothing could take my mind away from the fact that my body was absorbing the radiating heat my knight and shining armor was giving off as our arms made contact the minute we sat on a couple of chairs. My face would not calm down and continued to glow a beaming red. Austin had sweat running down every exposed part of his heavenly body. My eyes wandered down his right tattooed arm, trailing the drips of water that glided down. Then, I wandered on to his neck, the image of a rose coming to view.

“Interested in my tattoos are we?”

I shook slightly to get my head out of the clouds. “They’re really beautiful tattoos. I’ve been thinking of getting some more soon myself. I just don’t know what they’re going to be yet.”

He eyed me with an interested look, “You have some of your own? Can I see them?”

If it was even possible, I felt my face shoot up a million degrees higher. I began to lift my shirt and roll down the top of my jean shorts to expose my right hip and reveal the black ink I had fallen in love with. The figure of a heart-shaped music note and writing that read “Love like a tidal wave, Dreamless in early graves” showed and Austin fixed his dreamy brown eyes on them.
“Love like a tidal wave, huh? “ His lips began to curve into a smile.

“It’s a line from one of the songs that has impacted my life and gotten me through the toughest of times. Have you heard A Match Into Water by Pierce the Veil?” I asked as I admired two of the three signs that reminded me I was free to express myself in any way I chose.

Austin pondered on the question for a second and replied, “I haven’t really given their songs a listen, but maybe I should start. Those guys are greatly talented and genuine.”

I stood up in order to show Austin my other hip to exhibit another line of black ink that read “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible insanity.” Edgar Allen Poe; I swear that if I were born in his time or he were born in mine, he and I would either be related or married. His poetry spoke my mind-set as if he completely knew me.

“I think I like your tattoos a lot more than mine.”

We both giggled at his words. I knew I loved this man. Even though he was once someone I thought I’d never truly know for myself, I was in love with everything about him. Every word he spoke, every thought he had, how could anyone not admire his personality?

I sat back down on the white chair, “My next tattoo is most likely going to be lyrics from The Great Hendowski.”

A twinkle in Austin’s left eye sparkled as he gazed at me with an open mouth.
He took his right hand and gently placed it under my chin. “And you asked me if I had chosen the right girl. I knew my gut feelings weren’t going to fail me today.” Bringing down his hand, Austin’s left eye winked as his mouth formed into the adorable smirk from earlier.

All of a sudden, his body began to rise and he shot his hands up high, stretching his stomach as his Aspire & Create tank rose to expose more tattoos on the bottom of his stomach. His big left hand reached out and took my right one, intertwining them as he lifted me off my butt.

“Alright, I’m not taking you away from what you paid to see. Let’s go hit up some shows. Anyone you want to see in particular? I’ll take you anywhere you want.” A toothy smile formed on Austin’s face.

I buried myself in his left arm, my heart racing with every move I made. I looked up at the face I was going to see a lot after that day, softly suggesting, “Can we go watch Bring Me the Horizon?”

“To Bring Me the Horizon’s set it is.”

Our fingers were still intertwined as Austin led me out of the tent to take me to see the band that had first brought me into the world of Warped Tour.