Status: Not Active

It's All Lies

Spacing Out

"Hey!" I looked up to see Jenna walking over. I smiled and handed her the Snickers bar she asked for.
"Here's your Snickers." She had this slightly surprised look on her face, like she didn't think I would go off campus just to get her one. It was worth missing a whole class period, especially since it was my least favorite class. Why doesn't the school have vending machines with Snickers? It was just weird.
"Guess I'm yours for lunch today." I snapped out of my thoughts, and shook my head slightly.
"Well let's go! You have to meet the gang." I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the cafeteria heading towards the table I usually sit at with my best friend Jack and my girlfriend Lisa. A lot of other students were staring at us and started whispering but I ignored them. Jenna, however, pulled her hand away and I decided not to say anything. When we got to the table, Jack immediately attacked her with a hug.
"JenJen! I thought you said you had plans?!"
"Can't..breathe.." I laughed to myself and Jack let her go. "I had plans with this kid, he insisted." She said, pointing to me.
"Alex got to you before me? Awe, come on Alex, let me have a girl for once." Jack pouted and everyone laughed, even Jenna. I noticed she was giving Rian and Kara a weird look and Rian explained how they promised Jack they would sit with him today. She smiled and sat in between them. I guess she was already friends with them.
"It seems like you already know everyone." I laughed.
"Well I just met you and Jack today, I've known Kara and Rian forever." She said, picking one of Rian's grapes from his tray and throwing it at my head. It landed on the table and I picked it up to eat it.
"Alex!" I heard a voice yell my name, no doubt it was Lisa. She walked over, a frown on her face indicating she was angry at something. Angry at me was more like it.
"I heard you were holding hands with some brunette chick. Who is she?" she asked, trying to keep her voice down. I looked over at Jenna who was looking down.
"Lisa, calm down. I was just leading her to our table. She's right there in between Kara and Rian." I pointed to her and Jenna looked up and smiled shyly.
"I'm sorry, he really was just leading me to the table. I pulled away from his hand because everyone was staring so I assumed he had a girlfriend and I didn't want everyone thinking something that wasn't true." I looked at Lisa and saw her face lighten up.
"Oh, okay. I'm sorry for getting mad and jealous! You seem like a nice person!" She sat down next to me before looking at Jenna again. "I'm Lisa." she smiled.
"I'm Jenna." She smiled before continuing a conversation with Kara over what movie they would be seeing over the weekend. Lisa was babbling about something but I wasn't paying attention. I just kept looking at Jenna. She looked at me, and her blue eyes met my brown ones. There was happiness in them, but only a little. Otherwise her eyes seemed empty and lost. I shivered and looked away.
"Alex!" I felt Lisa's hand on my shoulder, snapping me out of my daze.
"What, Lisa?"
"Are we going to Nick's party this Saturday?"
"Yeah, sure." I said, trying to sound at least a little bit interested. "I'll meet you there."
"You're not going to pick me up?" she frowned.
"Family dinner." I lied. "I'll be leaving right after. I won't have time because the party will have started already." Truth is, Lisa was becoming a little more clingy and annoying lately so I really did not want to drive a twenty minute drive to a party with just her and I in the car.
"Oh, okay." she said, frowning. I looked over at Jenna again and saw her laughing at something Kara said. I got this weird feeling inside of me, a feeling I never get looking at a girl, even Lisa. I looked away and started playing with my food. When the bell rang I jumped a little.
"Baby, you okay?" Lisa asked, putting her hand in mine as I walked her to class. "You seem out of it."
"Yeah? I'm just, um, stressed over this test I'll be taking in my next class." We stopped in front of her classroom and she gave me a kiss on the cheek.
"I'm sure you'll do fine, now get to class." She disappeared into the class room and I headed towards my next class. I felt bad for lying to Lisa but if she even knew that I got a weird feeling when I saw Jenna laughing, she'd assume I was cheating on her or something else. When I got to class, I saw Jenna sitting in the back. I sat in the seat in front of her and she looked up from her notebook.
"We have this class together too?" She asked. I shrugged.
"I guess so. So do you want to go to this party on Saturday? You can bring Kara, and I'm sure Jack and Rian will be there." I smiled a little, hoping she would say yes.
"I don't go to many parties, but knowing Kara, she will drag me to it if I tell her and say I'm not going. So I guess I'll go." She smiled softly.
"Sweet! Here," I took out a piece of scrap paper and wrote my number down on it. "Text me, and I'll give you the address and information." She took the piece of paper and entered the number in her phone right away, probably so she wouldn't forget.
"Thanks, Alex, I'll text you." I smiled and turned around to face the teacher at the front. I got the same feeling I got at lunch, but this time it was stronger and Lisa wasn't around to make me push it away.
~_~_~_~
Saturday rolled around and I woke up to my phone buzzing. "Hello?" I said, my voice groggy.
"GET PUMPED MAN! THE PARTY IS TONIGHT AND WE'RE GOING TO GET FUCKED UP!" I had to distance my phone from my ear because Jack was yelling so loud.
"Calm the fuck down, man. It's only.." I looked at my clock. "Wait, it's three in the afternoon?"
"Yeah, you slept in pretty late today. I've been calling for a few hours." I sighed and sat up.
"Jack, I'm going to shower. I'll see you at the party." I hung up and got out of bed and grabbed a towel. After I was out of the shower, I checked my phone to see I had a text from a random number.
From: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Hey, it's Jenna! I need the information for tonight.
I smiled, but frowned when I saw the text was sent at ten in the morning. I saved her number before texting back.
To: Jenna
Hey, sorry for replying late I slept in and then took a shower. Nick's house is the fourth house down the road from Dulaney and the party starts at 7
I got a text back almost immediately.
From: Jenna
Thanks! I'll see you there :)
I closed my phone and smiled as the same feeling I've been having all week came back.
♠ ♠ ♠
I couldn't wait any longer to update. I think I'll update like every two days.
Anyway here is the second chapter and I already have TWO subscribers? You guys are awesome :D
My other story is Original Fiction, and I have writers block for it so I guess this is something to distract me. But I've been wanting to do fan fiction for a while so it all works out :D
Comment?