Status: complete

Kill Me With Words

Save me from the nothing I've become

"Utah, thank you so much for the amazing turn out today!" Beth announced into the microphone as she waved at the surprisingly large crowd that had formed in front of them. "We're going to be heading over to our tent right now." She pointed to the blue tent with their band name printed across the top. "Meet our merch guy Tony, buy some of our shit, and we'll be signing and giving out hugs!"

The Marcus threw his drum sticks into the crowd for two lucky fans to snag. Spencer and Emily handed off their guitars to the tech and Heidi gave her bass to the stage hand.

"So we have our signing right now and don't forget about our interview with Bryan today." Spencer said as if he were their tour manager.

Beth laughed at Spencer's remarks but he was being completely serious. "Nice impression there, Spence."

"But Beth, I--" He began but stopped as she walked away from him to take her place at the end of the line under the tent.

Signings were Beth's favorite part of the day. She got to meet all their amazing fans who had been supporting them from the very beginning and even some of their new fans who didn't know about them until that day.

"Oh my god, Beth, hi." A nervous, yet excited looking girl who Beth guessed couldn't be older than 15 stepped in front of her with her left hand cupping something and her right hand clutching a piece of paper.

Beth smiled widely. "Is that for me?" She asked as the girl shoved the piece of paper in her hand forward towards Beth.

"Y-Yeah, I wrote this for you." She was shaking and Beth couldn't believe she had made such an impact on this girl's life. "And I wanted you to have these, too." The girl uncurled her fingers to reveal two shiny razors sitting in the palm of her hand. "I don't want to do this to myself anymore and you're the one who convinced me to stop, so I want you to take them from me."

Beth was in shock that this fifteen year old girl was handing her razors. She tried to hide her initial reaction and act as though this happened all the time, but the truth was, it was the first time. "Wow," Beth said, and looked at the girl. "I am so proud of you." She said and reached out to give the nervous, shaking girl a hug.

After sending the girl on her way to enjoy the rest of her day, Emily leaned over. "Did that girl just give you her razors?"

Beth nodded sympathetically. She didn't know what she was supposed to do with them. She assumed dispose of them but this girl's decision sparked something in Beth. She could barely keep herself sane yet she was able to keep her fans happy and healthy through her music. She began to think that maybe instead of her fans taking her advice, she needed to start taking the advice of her fans. It was true that music had always been a therapeutic way for Beth to release stress and keep herself from falling into the deep end like she had a week ago. Who cared what Heidi had to say or what she was doing with Andy? Beth realized she needed to stop worrying about what other people were doing and start worrying about herself.

"I'm going to stop worrying about Heidi and Andy." Beth decided and mentioned it in an aside to Emily.

And she was staying strong, that was, until Andy walked by.
♠ ♠ ♠
No new comments and I have no announcements or anything. I just hope you guys liked this chapter and are still enjoying the story. If you want to keep up with my life outside of here, you can follow me on twitter, tumblr, or instagram. Shoot me a message if you need the usernames.