Status: For Caleb Carter <3

The Orphanage (A Love Story)

Wake Up

Waking up, Caleb went to take his shower as his normal morning routine. Pulling off his boxers he opens and steps in the shower door. He had already turned on the water, so it was hot, just how he liked it. As he closed the door he let the water run off him. Placing both hands on the shower wall Caleb sighed.
'Today were going to spend time with our future son....I hope he likes us...' He thought to himself.
He didn't want to have a drop-adoption like so many people had, saying there kid "didn't fit in" and then send them back. Those people were sick and disgusting. And he knew he would never be known as one if those horrible excuses for "loving parents" as he washed his body he heard the shower door open. And two arms wrapped around him.
"Good Morning Darling"
With a grin Caleb turned around to embrace the love of his life
"Morning..."
Threw the pounding of the shower Caleb could hear the worry mixed with excitement in her voice. Kissing Miya on the head she looked up with a scared smile.
"Hey, stop it, Today is going to be great"
Pressing there warm bodies together Caleb held her tightly. As if he let go, He would never hold Miya again. That's why the first time they saw each other there hug lasted for almost half a hour. He didn't let go of her, even as they walked to his fathers car he held her hand and she his arm, and upon leaving there hug was even longer. So scared they would never see each other again. But they did. And soon Caleb hoped to have Miya in his arms forever. And even death wouldn't make him let go. Ignoring his "man made" mind of doing something dirty or sexual with her, he just held and kissed her. Washing her arms and legs, trying to wash away her worry and fear with it. Giggling and laughing, Miya washed his brown and red hair, and by red I mean not ginger but red highlights. Caleb loved when Miya would put dyes in her hair, white, pink, green, blue, red, she looked good in all of them, but she was a blondie. A white haired blonde and they both loved it. He did to. Caleb did the same for her,
"Don't get that in my eye, I'm already blind!!"
Caleb laughed. Miya wore glasses. They could afford contacts but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She loved herself with glasses, again just like Caleb did, and maybe that was because he also wore glasses time to time.
"Don't worry..."
Miya blushes and used the shower head to wash the shampoo and suds out of both there hair. Then they just stood there. Caleb holding Miya from behind, Miya holding both her shoulders. Thinking about the day ahead. Miya felt Caleb's hands crawl down to her hips and kisses her neck. Sending shock waves of pleasure and surprise to her nerve endings. She held his neck and let out a few moans, before turning off the water and stepping out of the shower. He let her hand slip out of hers. Caleb watched her smile as she walked back to the bedroom. Blow drying her hair and getting dressed she went to pour the coffee for the morning. Caleb wrapped his arms around her, like she had done in the shower, and kisses her neck. Leaning on her gently as both of her hands rested on the counter.
"Remember when I would spend all night texting you? Just hours of texts about my problems and fears? How I wanted to kill myself, how sad I was, how much I missed you and the longing to be together?"
Miya asked, still staring as the black coffee dripped into the pot. Miya could feel Caleb's eyes heavy and a slight sadness in his heart and mind. Remembering the constant wanting to kill herself and sadness she harboured that he could do little about but beg and plead her to wait, tell her how much he loved her, and that there life together would make her forget all the bad. And it had. But there was still times where he would walk in on Miya cutting herself in there bathroom or staring at a knife of gun. Even on the accessible roof of there house, she would stand at the edge or look over. Sometimes it wasn't even sadness. Just the idea of dying and have no problems what so ever brought her comfort. Caleb knew that she would never leave him. She wouldnt break up, or die on him either. He was her everything. And now (hopefully) Leeroy would be something else she had to love and live for. Another form of happiness and she wouldn't be sad. Because she wouldn't want him to worry. And Caleb took his own comfort in know that. He rubbed her sides and kissed her neck a few more times, sucking for a few seconds on her shoulder.
"Yes...why?"
"Remember how I told you how much I loved you? And how neglected I felt because you would go days without texting me, calling me and Skypeing me?"
"Oh yea..."
Caleb's face flushed with guilt. He still had no idea the pain it gave her to not have him there
"I thought you stopped caring about me. That I was a toy in your life. Some girl you could play with and hurt and trap her in your nest of love and promises to only break them and make your "love" not what you said before. I thought you were playing with me. Tricking me. You wouldn't friend me on Facebook, you delegated me from your Facebook and Skype, you blocked me to. I don't know if it was because you wanted a break. Of if you were just lying to me..."
His heart sickened with her words. His grip loosened on her as his eyes swelled up and became red. He felt as if he was stabbed, then realized it was Miya who felt stabbed in heart. Caleb tighten his grip on her instead. Making her gasp for breath.
".....I'm sorry...."
"And even today I still think your playing with me, lying to me"
A smile crossed Miya's face
"But then I started to think to myself, who in there right mind would put up with me and my shit? Who would care so much about me, to go threw what we went threw together for it to be a lie? Now one would do that!!! They would have given up way before. They wouldn't have gotten so deeply involved with me. You honestly loved me"
"I still do love you Miya"
Caleb's guilt, fear and heart pain went away with a smile. He turned her around and kissed her on the lips. Holding her in place to make it last longer.
"I really love you, why else would I be adopting a child with you? Why would I spend so much money and work so hard to be able to see you for the first time? And to live with you? And to want to spend the rest of my life with you?!"
He smiled threw his words and Miya grinned
"That's my point. And I feel bad now about thinking that I was a toy. And how horrible I felt when I was neglected by you. We both liked our alone time...I should have been more understanding. But you were only my second boyfriend, and I'm the girlfriend that worries about her love, and just took comfort in knowing that you were talking to me. I felt terrific! I should have-"
Caleb kissed her again. And again. And again. Placing a finger to her lips he smiled
"Shhh, darling, that doesn't matter anymore. We're together and we are never breaking apart. Ever. So shut that pretty mouth of yours and lets go spend the day with our soon to be son"
Flinging her arms around his neck, Miya squeezed and squeezed him. Caleb loved to be playfully mean. Making fun of how beautiful she was, how sexy she was, how she would wake up late, (she woke up at 5:39 to 6:30 every morning, so waking up past 8 or even 7 was late) how she asked if her cooking was good, if she looked good, his making fun was all positive. So telling her to shut her pretty mouth was a complaint. Calling her pretty when she didn't believe she was and telling her to be quiet.
Miya grabbed the keys and threw then to Caleb who caught them with ease. Throwing on some dark eye liner and taking a few more minutes to check her hair Miya followed out into the Nissan Altima, locked up the house and took the two and a half hour drive to the orphanage. It's a good thing they left at 6:30. They wanted the hole day to themselves and Leeroy. Pulling into the lot of the orphanage, Miya as Caleb excitedly got out of the car, they ran to the doors and knocked loudly. Both smiling as the grumpy Miss Valmite came to the door.
"Mr. And Mrs. Carter, your early"
"Yes we know, but listen we're not mar-"
Miss Valmite interrupted again.
"Come on then...waking me up mmmmmgggrrrmm..." she mumbled. Caleb sighed, not being able to tell her what he wanted to. He gave up, Smiled at Miya and walked inside The Sleeping Quarters. The rows of bed had the half asleep children, some awake and staring at the ceiling. But most were asleep. Miss Valmite gave us a tired and annoyed frown.
"You needed 3567?"
"Uh yes, but we call him Leeroy, if you don't mind"
She rolled her eyes and bared her old and crooked, rotten teeth. Miya turned her head from staring.
"Fine, 'Leeroys' bed is under his number. At the far end of the hall. I hope your adopting him soon. Because if your not, names are strictly forbidden,"
"We understand and have every intention of adopting him, we're just waiting a while, but it won't be to far now!!"
She turned and walked away as Caleb held Miya's hand, they squeezed tightly and found him asleep. His black hair covering his face, he was covered in goosebumps and he was shivering. The sheets were thin and small. His little feet were curled up to his chest, but you could still see his cold little toes. Miya covered her mouth at how cute he looked. They bent down and she rubbed his forehead. Gently brushing the hair out from his face. Caleb held his hand and grinned. Today Caleb was more in a "bad ass" mood then yesterday's shy and nervous attitude. He threw on his black leather jacket with a blue and black plaid shirt under it. The same one he wore the first time he and Miya met in Skype. He had on his white skinny jeans Miya also loved. She always said "his ass looked great" in them and black convers. Miya wore a pair of black and teal plaid skirt. It was short and had a pair of black fishnet leggings under it and a black short sleeved V-neck shirt that showed off her shoulders, (Miyas shoulders where here favourite part of her body) with a purple scarf wrapped around her neck, Even in the cold early November days Miya dressed like summer, in Winter it was tank tops and skirts. She didn't like dressing heavy. She curled her hair at the ends and flat ironed Caleb. He had naturally straight hair like she did. But sometimes it was fun to play with it. And well, Miya would spend hours playing with Caleb's hair. And she could see she would be doing the same with Leeroys beautiful black hair. From Caleb's view at the other side of the bed he watched as some of the kids got up and stared at them. Some looked angry, some disappointed, but most looked irritated. He knew there jealous, and it made him feel bad. But at the same time he was happy that he was going to make one kid vary happy for the rest of his life. And that made him feel better, he just wished the others could have homes to...and he wished Miss Valmite would stop interrupting him whenever he tried to tell her that they weren't-
"Hmm...."
Leeroys groan made Caleb snap out of his thinking and again, he was interrupted. He still smiled and his mouth ends twitched, showing off his perfect and white teeth.
"Wake up sweetie..."
Miya whispered in his ear. He gently rolled over and Caleb reached across to grab Miya's other hand. They both smiled and watched as Leeroy stirred awake, groaning lightly. Reacting to Miya's wake up call he rolled over.
"Mommy....?"
Miya covered her mouth and she almost cried. She never thought she would be called that. And Caleb was happier then ever to see that she was. With a teary and choked up voice she continued
"Wake up baby, it's time to get ready for today..."
Caleb chimed in
"Come on buddy, we have a fun day ahead of us"
With sleepy eyes Leeroy woke up slightly and stared into our faces. His sight blurry and shaky. He sat up as he saw Miya and Caleb's face. Furiously looking back and forth between the two of them. His eyes bulged out of his tiny head and he screamed.
"MIYA!!!! CALEB!!!!"
They laughed at how excited he was with smiles. Hugged him hard as he cried into there shoulders. Caleb laughed.
"About time you woke up"