In Her Eyes

One Way Ticket to The Rest of Your Life

I looked under my bed, still trying to wipe away the tears from my puffed up cheeks.
I pulled out a big wooden box, sliding it across my rough carpet. "What's that?" Rebecca asked, sniffling. "This is where I kept all the money I made." I told her, and opened it up. There were 5s, 20s, 50s, and some 1s. "Oh my god, Emily." Beccas jaw dropped. "Is all that from Danny?" She said with wide eyes. "And Roger, and Mr.James, but a lot of it is babysitting money" I told her between eye wipes. I added my 20 from today. "Oh God, please tell me you didnt do something today?" She asked. "I couldnt get another detention, and I needed the A in english!" I told her, thinking she'd be all, 'Oh okay'. But she wasnt. "OH MY GOD! Mr.James? Eww!" She said with the most disgusted face ever.

I just ignored her. Yeah it was kind of stupid, cause I'm not going to be in school for a while. But at least I got 20 bucks. A blow job isn't even worth that much, but hey, I'm not complaining. I guess I give good head!

I took out all of the money, and put it in a brown paper bag, folded it up, and stuck it in the pocket of my book bag. "Take whatever you want from here." I told Rebecca, and she got one of my old book bags, and stuffed my whole pantry in there. I called her a fatass, but we never know how long we'll be gone. So i guess it's smart. I looked through my bag and made sure i had everything I would need, and I unlocked my window just in case I'd need to ever sneak back in. I didnt leave a note or anything. My mom deserves a good suffer, although I'm not so sure whether she'd miss me or not, or even care if i'm gone, wondering where I am.

We stopped by Rebecca's house, so she could get clothes, and left a note on her sisters bed. Because she knows her sister can keep a secret, cover for her, and break the news when the time is right. And of course, my skinny as a twig bestfriend empties out her pantry. I dont now how she dosnt gain weight! We went into her room abnd she got $60 off her dresser. She told me she had to do one more thing before we left, and she'd meet me on the back patio. I waited. She came out, and we were off.

We ran to the HRT Bus Stop, and waited, planning out what we were going to do. And we got it. The bus came, we paid the $1.25, and took our seat. "So where does your dad live?" Becca asked me. "I dont know for sure, he just left, but if I know my dad, which I'm sure i do, then I know exactly where he is."

When I was little, about 6 years old, my dad took me to this huge house. He knew the people that owned it, and they let me do whatever I wanted. They had a giant pool, a playground, and a big game room. I loved it. The people that owned the house said I was so cute, and I could come visit and play whenever I wanted. He wanted to buy that house for me, because he said he wanted to do whatever he could to keep me happy. Me and my dad were so close. Every once in a while, he'd take me there, but when I was 8, he left because he couldn't deal with the friction between me and my mom, the beating. He tried to stop it, but nothing ever worked. So he just left. And during that time, the house was up for sale, I think that's where he ran off to.

We got off the bus about a block away from the train station. As we walked there, I tried to remember exactly where the house is. "So where exactly are we going?" Becca asked. "I'm not sure yet" I told her, trying not to forget what I'm thinking, cause I've almost got it. "Then what are we doing?" She said. "Shh! I'm thinking."

Rebecca stopped walking. "This is really stu--"
"HARSKVILLE!" I screamed!
"Huh?" she said.
"He lives in Harskville! The house is in Harskville!" I said, skipping!
Rebecca ran after me. I eventually got tired. Fuck skipping. And there was the train station. We hurried to check the train times. The closest place to Harskville was Lexington, and it leaves at 4PM. I asked the lady how much money two tickets would be. "400 Dollars!?" I screamed. "Yes ma'am" The ticket lady person said. I walked away. Shit. This was a waste of time. No way was I paying $400 for something that might not even be there. And have to pay another 400 to get back.

Rebecca sat down on the bench. "Now What?"