‹ Prequel: Going Bush

Going Bush 2: Suburbia

35

The second Taylor was out of the room his hands flew to the gag, trying to tell just how it was secured.
“Don’t even bother, it’s staying. Master’s orders,” his escort informed him as he grabbed his arm and led him back down the hall.
Taylor managed to keep himself together just enough to not panic over it as he was returned to the main cell. Once he was led inside and saw that Zac was missing however, panic is definitely what Taylor felt rising in his chest.
His escort offered him no explanation as he secured his wrists to the main chain and left him in the dark with the cell’s two other occupants again. Taylor’s hands shot to the gag once more, desperately trying to find a way to get it off.

*

“I just got punched in the face for talking, so excuse my silence. It isn’t meant to be rude,” Zac said pointedly as he looked to the woman before him.
She couldn’t stop a small smile from appearing on her face.
“Of course he won’t come with the attitude,” the man assured her.
Zac just scowled.
“How long until he will be ready?” she asked, turning to the businessman.
“This one? Probably two to three months.”
Zac’s eyebrows rose as the woman frowned.
“I was told the other one would be ready in weeks.”
“I believe I said there was a rush on him?” the man reminded her, “he was pushed through the system and is already going through the training course at positive speed. There’s no need to rush this one. You’ll also need to secure him first.”
Zac rolled his eyes and leant his head back.
“Secure… him?”
“Yes, I believe…” the man looked at his clipboard, “we have another bidder already.”
Zac looked up at that.
The woman looked Zac over again, and then turned to leave the room.
“We’ll see about that.”
The man followed her out, replacing the bolt in the door as they left.

*

“Hello?” Isaac had snatched his phone the moment it rang.
“Isaac, it’s Davison. Sorry I haven’t called earlier.”
“That’s okay, just tell me you have something,” Isaac rubbed his eyes.
“We may have something. The warrants finally came through for two of the cameras in the alley. We should have the video tomorrow morning, and then we’ll see what happened to them. Maybe get a hint of where they were headed.”
“You’re going to traffic cams next, right?” Isaac made sure.
“We will follow them wherever they go. We already have the co-operation of the Oklahoma Department of Transport. Once we have something to chase, we will chase it.”
“Great,” Isaac sighed, “I just wish it wasn’t taking so long.”
“Part of the job I’m afraid. I’ll call you as soon as we view them in the morning.”
“Thanks Davison.”