Status: Active; Trying To Update As Much As Possible

Coffee Shop Soundtrack

Chapter 13: He Was The Poet And She Was The Muse

Jessica's P.O.V.

Late at night, I sat on my brother's bus for the last time this tour. I played with my blonde curls, frowning at my fading dye. I suddenly had an idea. The show was going on and I don't know, I just didn't want to go tonight. I grabbed my backpack and dug through it until I found what was I looking for. My Manic Panic hair dye. I smirked to myself. This was what I needed.

Two hours later I was washing my hair out in the sink, happy with what I'd done. I had bleached out the fading dye and the entire bottom ends of my hair. I had gone a different road with this. I decided to use the black dye I still had left, as well as my brand new purple jar. I stepped back from the sink and wrapped a black towel around my hair. I walked around for a bit in my sweatpants and tank top, biding by the time. The show still wasn't done. That and they were partying afterwords so they won't be back for a while.

Eventually I just unravelled my hair and ran a brush through it before plugging in the blow dryer. By the time I was done, I flipped my hair back and brushed it in to its part perfectly. I smiled, it was perfect. Exactly how I'd pictured it. It started with the top of my head my natural blonde, fading in to bleach, which faded in to purple and eventually fading in to black ends. It was a majorly cool ombre effect going on. Something was still missing though, I just couldn't figure it out. I stil didn't feel like me. That's when I did something maybe a bit drastic, but it was so worth it. I pierced the cartilage of my left ear (seeing as my right cartilge was already done) and I put in and industrial bar.

I smiled at my reflection. I finally felt like myself. Not everyone was going to look at it that way though. I was okay with that.

Finally the guys got back and it was time to go. They were a bit shocked at first, but I mean who wouldn't be. I hugged them and said goodbye before grabbing my bag and making my way to the ATL bus. I walked in to silence. Go figure, they were all asleep. Sighing, I layed down on the couch, hair splayed out around me. I closed my eyes and eventually sleep overcame me.

I woke up to being jumped on. I jolted up, sitting straight and causing whoever it was to fall to the floor. One person anyway, I could tell there were two. Ignoring the one sitting on my legs, I looked to the floor. I wasn't happy at all, you can't just wake me up like that,

"What the fuck Barakat?!"
"What did you do to your hair?" he asked, completely ignoring my question.
"Why? Have a problem what I do with my own hair?" my eyebrow was raised and I was still pissed off.
"No. Just, it looks good."

I smiled a little bit, a compliment without an arrogant pick-up line. That was a first.

"Thank you. Now let me sleep."

I threw myself back to lying down, but I couldn't get back to sleep. I groaned, realizing Alex was still sitting on tip of my legs.

"Can you get off me now or...?"
"Nope." and I watched him speak, his mouth popping the "p".

I groaned and closed my eyes, it was too fucking early to deal with this now. Just as I was about to fall back asleep, I was interrupted yet again by someone laying beside me now. I didn't even have to open my eyes to know who it was. I just layed there, not caring because I wanted sleep. I didn't even jump at an arm encircling my waist. However just as I opened my mouth to ask him what the fuck he was doing, I got beat. He started talking first. Only he wasn't talking, he was singing instead. Singing a song I never though I would hear.

"Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
Dark eyed dreamers; they were a dangerous pair,
Q next to U scribbled out on paper...
They stop
They go
They're done.

Go back to the place we knew before
retrace our steps to the basement door,
I'll ask you if the rain still makes you smile,
Like so much time that we spent in the fall
it put color in our cheeks while the air turned cold,
Preceding what became our bitter end.

Round in circles -- lets start over,
Round in circles -- lets start over.

Unanswered questions would be the only thing to stop them now...
He was the poet while she was the muse,
but she had a pen that she knew how to use,
with a touch of redemption, a hint of elation;
a recipe for disaster.

Go back to the place we knew before
retrace our steps to the basement door,
I'll ask you if the rain still makes you smile,
Like so much time that we spent in the fall
it put color in our cheeks while the air turned cold,
Preceding what became our bitter end.

Let this be a lesson to us all..."

I'm speaking for myself when I say I fell asleep with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
NEW CHAPTER. DUH DUH DUH DAAAAA! Yes, I had to put Circles in because it is an amazing song and they like to fuck with us and NEVER play it live! -________- So you'll have to settle for it being in the story. Enjoy lovlies and I'll see you later. ;)