Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Just A Kiss

Just A Kiss

He was sitting in the radio conference room waiting for Cassandra, they were doing their first promotional gig for WGM after their pairing finally gone public. It was in the local radio station of Pittsburgh but will be broadcast as well to Halifax, Nova Scotia and London, Ontario, their hometown an hour or two late though.

There was a knocked on the door, the radio station staff opened the door and Cassandra walked inside in her blue floral, dress. She thanked the staff and smiled at him when she saw him standing up from his chair. Walking towards him they hugged each other.

"Good morning!" she beamed at him.

"Morning too." he held out a chair for her and she sat down on it. "Have you seen the morning papers?" he asked her handing over the newspaper when she shook her head.

She took it and read the front page saying, We Got Married's golden couple shared sweet forehead kiss at last night's charity event. it was accompanied with their picture dancing and him kissing her on the forehead from last night. "All the feedbacks we're getting are good so far." she said with a sigh of relief.

He shrugged, not wanting to burst her happy bubbles of thoughts but he thinks that it needed to be said, "It's just our first episode and public appearance like you said there are so many things that can happen within ten months." He reminded to prepare her for the haters because he knows that he got a lot of them, he was afraid they might direct their hate to her later on and as well as the puck bunnies that was lusting over him or wants to be Mrs. Crosby.

"Didn't you say we'll make it work?" she told him smiling.

"Excuse me. It's time for your interview." The male staff of the radio stationthat asked for his autograph earlier, told the couple.

"Okay, thank you." he told him. The couple stood up and went inside the radio booth where the DJ was waiting for them. They shook hands with the DJ then sat down on the chair next to each other and across from him as they put on their headsets.

"Shall we begin?" he asked them and they both nodded their head. "Good morning everybody! Today I'm sitting here live with the newest couple of We Got Married; the captain of Pittsburgh Penguins, two times Stanley cup and a Olympic gold medal champion, Sidney Crosby and the reigning Olympic and World figure skating champion, Cassandra Collins. Good morning you two!" he greeted the listeners enthusiastically.

"Good morning!" They both greeted him back.

"It's true, you both look good together especially in person! The chemistry is very palpable." he complimented them.

Laughing and happy at the positive things they're receiving from the media and fans after the airing of their pilot episode last Saturday so far, they thanked the DJ at his compliment to their pairing.

"We got tons of awkward chemistry." Sidney joked winking at her making her and the DJ laughed at his playfulness, he never act like this to any of his interviews before; relax and throwing jokes around perhaps it was because he was with Cassandra.

"The audience can certainly see that. So, let's begin with Marie Rice, the producer of We Got Married said that you too are destined to be paired up. You both were asked who you want to be paired with but you don't have anyone in mind you want to be pair with. You can obviously choose who you want to be pair up with but why didn't you choose anyone?" he started to fire question at the couple. "Ladies first." he motioned for Cassandra to answer.

"I just don't have anyone in mind I want to be pair up with, they gave me a few weeks to think about it but I came up blank and if I do, I think it will be like I force him to be my visual husband so I just let them choose whoever they want." she answered.

"Me either, there's just really no one I can think of I want to be my visual wife and I'm thankful that I don’t ." he answered looking at her.

"Does it help that you're both athlete in your marriage, Cassandra?" he asked her this time.

"It does. It became our common grounds. We're both hard working and passionate with our sports, a thing some people find it hard to understand. We both goes through ups and downs that only the two of us can relate to because we've been there, not together but we know how tough to face those challenges because we've experience them." she answered.

"Speaking of the challenges, you both experience career threatening injuries in the pass years. Did you ever doubt yourself after going through it?" he asked a follow up question for the two of them.

"There is only two ways people deal with pain; it's either you let it destroy you or use it as a fuel to drive you to work harder and heal faster. It's healthy to check yourself in the mirror and have doubts but not to the point of letting it play inside of your head over in over. I always doubt myself but not enough to let it destroy everything I've build for myself." she answered.

"When did you doubt yourself the most?"

She pause thinking about it, "Around the year of my first surgery. I went through a surgery then when I came back to competing I lose my first come back competition. It made me think so low of my ability and I think it is because I let it play inside my head over and over that I'm not as good as I use to be before the surgery." she answered.

"How about you, Sidney? Did you ever doubt yourself during or after the injury?"

"Self-doubt is always there. I guess everyone had it in them and you can never get rid of it, all you can do is not let that stop you from reaching your goals and focus on your rehabilitation. The process of healing is not just about getting back physically it also has to be mentally." he answered.

"Both of you are good role models to kids and you both know it. Do you look at it as a job as well?"

"It comes with our profession, whether you like it or not you have to set good example to kids watching you. I think everyone that appear in the TV raise the next generation, so you have to watch your actions and always do the right thing."

"Cassandra, there are rumors that saying this might be your last Olympics because you're going to retired afterwards. Is it true?"

"It might be my last Olympics but I think, I'll still compete for a few years before I finally hang my skates. There's no rush, I want to take things one step at the time and stay at the moment before deciding about those things." she responded.

"It's your second time winning the Stanley Cup, how do you plan to spend your day with it?"

"Pretty much like what I did the last time; I'll take it to my hometown to share it with them, wash it if they let me and sleep beside it again." he answered smiling proudly.

"Between you and Cassandra?" the DJ joked.

The couple laughed at it. "We didn't move in together yet." he answered.

"Well, you two needs to move in together fast." he advised to the couple.

They looked at each other and shrugged, "Well, do it on our own phase." he stated.

"What do you guys do on your pass time?" the DJ asked them.

"I watch a lot of crime shows like CSI, Law and Order, Lockup Raw," she was interrupted by the DJ.

"You watch Lockup Raw?" the DJ asked in disbelief making the couple laughed. "I would never thought that Cassandra Collins watch Lockup Raw everybody!"

"I watch it too. I like watching military documentaries." Sidney admitted.

"You have no idea how much I'm trying not get in trouble here!" Cassandra told them.

"Alright, we'll make this interview more fun. There is six set of questions, each of you will pick three and ask it to each other. Alright let’s begin, Sidney do the honor." the DJ motioned for him to pick a question in the fishbowl.

He picked a question inside and opened it then read the question out loud for Cassandra. "What is your biggest pet peeve in your couch?"

"She's always right. She have this crazy, extreme and wild ideas that seem to be impossible but they somehow work. That's why she's my couch. She's amazing that way." she answered then fished a question inside for Sidney. "What is the most difficult time you've face in your career?"

"Does that even needed to be ask? I think everybody knows the answer to this. Around the time of my injuries." he answered not going farther to explain his answer and picked up the next question for her. "What is your hates program or Who is the player you hate to play against the most? And why?"

"The Lark Ascending, not that I hate it, it's just that I wasn't able to performed it the way I want to because it was around the time of my injuries so I don't have the stamina and I don't like how it have so many arm movements, which really made my arms hurt. Also because my couch choose the music, she's like "This is going to be your music this season because you're being too difficult at choosing music." so I don't have much choice but to perform it the entire season. It was a bad recreation to be honest." she answered laughing then picked the question she'll ask to him. "Have you ever lie to your couch that you can't go to practice because your sick?"

"No, never because I can't lie to Dan, he can see right through it and I never want to, as a captain of the team it's my responsibility to set example on and off the ice although there will be day, of course where I don’t feel like going but I have to." he fished out the last question for her. "What is the worst team you play against or what is the worst event you compete in?"

She paused for a moment biting her lips, "How am I going to answer that without offending the organization?" she asked laughing.

"Well, just don’t mention the name of the event instead tell us why you think the event was the worst event you compete in." the DJ told her.

"Um… Let's just say that there is this one event I compete in and at practice there was all the ladies single's figure skaters on the competition practicing at the same time, which is very hard to do even in an Olympic size rink." she nodded contented with her answer then she took out the last paper inside the fishbowl. "What do you think about your rivalry with Claude Giroux or Katrina Karr?"

"In every sport there's a rivalry. It's completely normal for people to make up rivalries among players. In my situation, we're named rivals because of the history of our teams being rivals from the very beginning." he answered, sometimes he can't help but be professional when his on an interview unlike Cassandra, who was answering the question like she was only having a normal conversation.

"It's such a pleasure to have you both here this morning with us, thank you so much for coming to the show." the DJ told them ending the interview.

"Thank you for having us as well." they both said.

"That's the newest couple of We Got Married, Sidney Crosby and Cassandra Collins. Don't forget to watch their episode every Saturday, 6:30 pm (ET)." he said promotion their participation in WGM.

They both removed their headsets putting it down on the table and stood up to shake hands with the DJ. "It's really great to see the two of you. I'd say I'm a fan of your pairing!" the DJ told them after turning off-air.

"Thank you, it means a lot to us." Sidney said gratefully to him while she send him a polite smile.

"We'll be going. It's nice to meet you too." she added and they head out of the radio station to his car. "That was fun, wasn't it?" she asked, getting inside his car after he open the door for her.

"Yeah, it was." he answered when he was in the car sitting on the driver's seat. He started the car and drove to their next destination that day to their promotional pictorial in Energy Consol Center. Before they shoot their first episode of WGM they had a separate promotional photo shoot but now they'll be doing it together. "I think our photo shoot will take place on the ice." he said.

"I think so too because that's where we did my solo photo shoot."

"Mine too, in my full hockey gear."

"I bet they'll make you wear it and me in my figure skating dress."

"You can already predict it, huh?"

"Consol is the setting of our photo shoot." she stated in matter-of-factly tone of hers shrugging.

He kill the engine after he parked the car. Getting out he went to the other side to open the door for her. They walked in on the arena. The staff of the photographer was setting up the lights, background and other stuffs they'll be needing on the photo shoot.

"Good morning!" they greeted the staffs, photographer and the PR team of WGM that was on the set. The group greeted them back but resume what their doing.

One member of the WGM PR team approached them, "Good morning, Why don't you change in the changing room for the photo shoot? The setting will be done by then." she told them with a friendly smile.

A woman on her early thirties introduced herself as Cassandra's make-up artist and directed her to the changing room, while Sidney went to change alone. She changed into her
figure skating dress and put her hair in a bun. The make-up artist removed her light make-up and put on a feisty look on her with the make-up. She was also required to wear her skates and tights to cover it just like on her competitions or ice shows.

Walking out of the change room Sidney was already waiting in his full gear except for his helmet, sitting on the bleachers. She sat down beside him to wait for the setting up to be finished.

"Are you going to the Stanley Cup parade on your hometown?" he asked her suddenly.

"Yeah, it's my day-off. I'll be there the whole day."

"Let's shoot an episode that day."

"I wonder how many episodes we're going to have at the end of ten months." she said laughing.

"It's a good reason to see you more." he grinned boyishly at her making her laughed harder.

"You're getting cornier!" she told him acting disgusted but actually happy that he want to see her more often.

"Aw." he acted hurt.

"Sorry, I just don't have any romantic bone in my body." she told him guiltily.

"We're about set!" the assistant photographer announced and asked the couple to get on the ice to the side where the umbrella lights were set.

"Stand back-to-back then cross your arms on your chest." the photographer told them to do and they complied. The photographer snapped a few shoots then told Cassandra to stand facing Sidney's side and rest her hands on his shoulder then kiss him on the cheeks. "Beautiful!" the photographer said after snapping a shoot.

The staffs change the set once again putting the net now on the ice then hand them a stick. "Pretend to be chasing the puck." the photographer ordered them next and as what they were told. After a series of shoots chasing the puck they were asked to cuddle inside the net and Sidney whispered something to her.

"What did he whisper?" the photographer asked.

"He said that he's hungry. He wants to eat pizza." she told them.

"Hey! I didn't say I want pizza." he complained pulling her tighter to him as they cuddled inside the net.

"I want pizza." she said turning to him.

"Pizza's your favorite food."

"Beautiful!" the photographer snapped the conversation between them. After they took pictures on the ice it was time they take pictures in the locker room. She was told to sat down in front of his stall cross-legged, he on the other hand stood while his other foot was placed on the bench beside her and his arms rest on the top of his knee as he lean down. They did a few more shoots inside the locker room, after that the photographer call it a day.

They thanked the staff then walked to the parking lot and get in to his car. "I'm really hungry." he said.

"Let's cook together for our lunch!" she suggested to him.

"Alright, I think I got ingredients for spaghetti at home."

"That would work."

"Then let's watch Lockup Raw."

"You got a DVD?" she asked excitedly.

"Yeah, I never thought you like watching those things."

"Is that bad?" he laughed at her sounding worried.

"Nah, it's just that the show was violent."

"Hockey's a little violent too and I really like the fights, it's totally the highlights of the game."

"You're right. We can't watch it when we're shooting though."

"Of course! Imagine if kids start watching it because of us!" she exclaimed finding the idea very horrible.

They directly went to the kitchen to cook their lunch. He put out all the ingredients they will be needing. She started working on the sauce while he boiled the noodles. As she stir the sauce he hugged her from the back and kissed her cheeks. He pulled her away from the stove towards the center island and caged her between the island and his body. "I wanted to kiss you since yesterday." he told her.

She didn't say anything just stare into his eyes innocently then he pressed his lips against hers. It was like their first kiss but this time it was more passionate. He slipped his tongue between her parted lips to taste her, at first she was hesitant to used hers but eventually she start fighting for dominance with him and he it was making him hot. When they pulled apart she told him, "Noodles."

"What?" he asked confused for a moment at what she was talking about.

"The noodles will be overcook." she reminded him the spaghetti they were cooking.

"Right." he agreed but didn't moved away from her.

"Um… Sid," she started to say but was silenced by a quick peck on her lips then he freed her from being caged at the counter.

He grabbed the strainer to drain the noodles and put it in their plates while she poured sauce on top of it, adding cheese as well. She took a picture of it on her phone smiling brightly as he shook his head.

"It's the first meal we cooked together!" she told him.

"I didn't say anything."

They ate their lunch in a comfortable silence. He was surprised by how good it felt to do domestic things with her like they were just a normal couple and not some high profile athletes with millions in their bank account. "Let's wash the dishes together too afterwards." she said.

"If you want to." he agreed.

When they were done eating they did both wash the dishes and cleaned up their mess. After cleaning up their retreat to the living room to watch Lockup Row. "You are not kidding?" she asked chuckling.

"Yes, I'm not." he put the DVD in the player and play it. He pulled her to his side to cuddle her. They were in the middle of watching the first season when he kissed her on the temple then her lips, which later turned to a make out session. He moved to position him on top of hers as they continue to kiss. She keeps running her hands through his hear while he keep his hands to he waist afraid that he might scare her off if he touch her in a sexual way. He wanted to take it slow and if he will take her virginity it will definitely not on his couch. Pulling away from her was one of the hardest thing he ever did in his life. He sat up and she did too fixing her dress that road up showing her milky smooth thigh. Staring at her exposed perfect legs and thigh he noticed a long but tiny, scar on her shin. "Is that your surgery scar?" he asked.

She nodded he head not afraid to show her imperfection, which made him smiling. "I prefer to call it battle scar."

"You didn't surgically remove it." he stated tracing it, making the scar sensitive as the touch made her shiver.

"It's a friendly reminder of things I've been through." she told him cupping his face with her both hands to gave him a kiss.

He always like her eyes but now he think that his favorite part of her now was her scar, it was one of her imperfections that made her more perfect to him. Made her more real. He knows how it felt to be injured but she was way younger that him when she dealt with her injury that it made her mature faster, making him respect her more for letting the scar stay because if it was him he wouldn't want any reminder of the pain he'd been through. He don't understand her sometimes. "Why would you want it to stay?"

"So when I'm facing a challenge, I'll look at my scar and tell myself that "Cassy, you've face tougher challenges than this. This is just a piece of cake now."" she explained to him.

He kissed her again, "I don't want you to go." he told her.

She smiled up to him. "It's just two days then we'll see each other again." she reminded him resting her head on his shoulder.
___________

Next chapter … WGM Episode 7 Love Is Like A Pair Of Skates!
♠ ♠ ♠
See you next chapter? Comment? Recommend? Subscription? That will be awesome! Thank you for reading! Have a nice weekend everyone!