Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Many The Miles

It's been three weeks since the last time Cassandra went to Halifax to tape an episode of WGM with Sidney and his family. It's been a week also since he realized he more than like her. That he was actually in the process of falling in love with her. He wanted to talk about it with his mom but they agreed to hide their relationship, so it was out of his option.
 
He'd been calling or video chatting with her on Skype everyday right after her rehearsals, talking about everything and anything they can think of. He was thinking that she might be sick of him calling her all the time since she rarely called him but how can she call him when he does all the time.
 
Today was no different in was five o'clock in Halifax while it was around one in Vancouver, where she was currently in for her summer tour, tonight was their second to the last show. She'll be coming home soon and it really excites him to see and hold her again. She was now on-line and he immediately called her in his iPad.
 
"Hi!" she waved at him as she smiling brightly. She was in her hotel room wearing a gray long-sleeve shirt while hugging her penguin stuff toy.
 
He was a sucker for her smile, how she always seemed to be happy and contented about everything in her life. "Hey! What’s up with the penguin?"
 
"A fan gave it to me. Actually everybody keeps throwing penguin stuff toys to me now after my performance."
 
He chuckled, "Your fans like us, huh?"
 
"I guess so. I'm not disturbing you from doing anything am I?"
 
"Of course not."
 
"When are you going back to Pitts?"
 
"This coming Monday."
 
"I'll be back home in London on Tuesday. I can come on Thursday afternoon, shall we schedule a taping on Friday or Saturday?" she asked. They avoid talking about their schedule during the past three weeks, trying to catch up on each other’s schedule just gave them a headache and spoiled their conversation.
 
"Let's runaway." he told seriously.
 
"Excuse me?" she asked obviously caught off guard by him.
 
"I mean let's go on a road trip before summer ends. Somewhere quiet and we can relax even just for a few days. I'm sure the show will like that." he explained. He wanted to get away from it all before the season start because he was sure it will be very hard to find time for a road trip by then.
 
"Sounds good to me. I know a small town in Michigan called Harbour Springs, where we can rent a cabin near the beach. The place is pretty isolated, my training mates and I went there one summer." she suggested a place she knows.
 
"That's great. I'll book us a flight for this coming Friday then Sunday flight heading back to Pitts."
 
"Alright." she said nodding her head. "I'll try if I can contact the cabin we rent before."
 
"I miss you." he suddenly said with a small smile.
 
"I miss you too. Just wait for a few more days!" she clasped her hands together tucking it under her chin.
 
She had no idea how long those few more days would be like torture for him before he get to see her again. "I can't wait to see you." God! Wasn't he sounding clingy now? Isn't she the one supposed to be clingy and emotional? Sidney Crosby, a hockey superstar, captain of Pittsburgh Penguins, two times Stanley Cup champion and a gold medallist, was enamored of a woman within only a span of two months. He sounds so pathetic that he wanted to laugh at himself.
 
"What's wrong, Sid? You suddenly gone silent." she asked frowning concerted by his sudden silence.
 
"Nah, just thinking." he smiled at her.
 
"You sure?" she asked still looking concerned.
 
"Absolutely. Tell me if you are able to reserve the cabin."
 
"Okay." she said yawning. She only had a little sleep last night because right after they finished their show in Ottawa they immediately took a flight heading to Vancouver then they had a rehearsal early this morning. She was dead tired and ready to pass out on her bed any minute now but she missed him so much that she wanted to see him and hear his voice even for a short while although they video chat on Skype almost every day.
 
"You're tired. I'll let you grab some sleep now. Take good care of yourself, bye." he told her, concerned about her.
 
"Yeah and I'm a little sleepy too. Talk to you again later, bye!"

__________
 
Thursday comes, Cassandra was in the airport waiting for Sidney to picked her up because her brothers are still in London, she told him that she can take a cab but when she told him she never took a cab alone before he got pissed off, which was a first. She noticed that he was getting too overprotective of her now just like the rest of her family. She wanted to tell him and her family that she was twenty years old now and can take good care of herself but they all think that she was still a scared little girl that needs to be watched all the time.
 
She lift the sleeves of her button down shirt to fix it when her phone in her jeans' pocket vibrated signalling a text message. She checked it out; it was from Sidney asking her where she was, and after reading she sends him a reply.
 
A few minute after she saw him walking towards her with a huge grin on his face. "Hey!" he greeted her.
 
She held out her arms to hug him. It's been a long three weeks and she'd be a liar if she denied that she missed hugging his big and warm, body. He hugged her tighter then kissed her on the cheeks before pulling away. She gave him a small smile as he intertwined their fingers together. Staring at their hands she told him, "I miss you." in a small voice.
 
"I miss you too." he replied, she was still not looking at him but she can hear the smile on his voice. "Come on, there are so many people around." they started walking out of the airport to his SUV, waiting on the parking lot.
 
He opened the door for her and she climbed in then he went to the other side to get in the driver seat. He pulled out of the airport's parking lot and they went off to Cedric's condo. When he finds out that the she'll be staying to Cedric's all alone he wanted to offer his place because he wanted to see her so badly but he thinks that will scare her off, so he didn't.
 
"Are you going to be okay there alone?" he asked, hoping she invite him to stay with her for the rest of the day.
 
She sighed deeply before answering his question. She doesn't want to start an argument with him; it was unfair to snap at him just because he was worried for her. She had enough hearing from her mom worrying about her coming to Pittsburgh alone. "I'll be fine." she answered flatly. She looked out of the window of the car. He didn't say something back, so the drive to Cedric's place was very quiet.
 
When he pulled to the parking lot, he didn’t climb out right away. "Did I say something wrong?" he asked looking at her.
 
She turned to face him, "No, you don't. I'm just tired that's all." she opened the door and climbed out. "Thank you for picking me up." she told him then closed the car door. She knows that was cold but she was tired of being treated like a baby as she rode the elevator up to her brother's condo she pulled out her phone and text him an apology.

Fr: Cassy
I'm sorry about what happen. Can you eat dinner with me tonight at Cedric's place?

She wanted to make it up to him. They were doing to great and she didn't want to ruin it but she remember something her dad told her before, that she always had a one foot out of the door. She had no idea why she suddenly remember that though. Opening the door, she put the keys on the table then closed the door again before she headed to her bedroom. Her phone vibrated and when she checked the message came from Sidney.

Fr: Sid
It' okay. Sure, are you going to cook?

She immediately send a reply to him.

Fr: Cassy
Of course. Is six okay to you?

She lay down on her bed waiting for his reply. She needed to go to grocery then since she was sure her brother had no stock of food in his condo beside she needs to go shopping for their road trip tomorrow. Her phone vibrated again.

Fr: Sid
Yeah, I'll see you at six.

Fr: Cassy
Just don't expect something special, okay? ^_^

She texted him to lighten it up. She got up and walked back to the living room to get Cedric's car keys then she locked the condo. She can drive decently, she just really hate driving. Climbing to her brother's car, she drove to the nearest mall she knows from coming back in forth here in Pittsburgh over the years since her brothers got draft to the Penguins.

The first store she went to was Victoria Secret to buy a swimsuit for their trip because the last time she went there she forgotten to bring one and had to buy to one of the local shops. Now she will be prepared for it.

While searching at the racks of swimwear a saleslady stood beside her staring at her. She turned to the woman, "Are you Cassandra Collins?" she asked hesitantly.

"Yes, I am." she answered.

The woman grinned widely at her. "Are you searching for a lingerie for Sidney Crosby?" she asked giggling.

"Oh! No, I'm just looking for a swimsuit."

"Let me help you!"

"Thank you but I think I'm good." she refused her offer politely. She find it uncomfortable when other people helps her pick her undergarments or swimsuit.

"Alright, but if you need anything just ask me, okay? I can suggest sexy outfits to you!" then she left her alone.

She goes back searching for a swimsuit when she felt people staring at her, she turned to looked at them and they all turned away but she saw them watching her. She sighed, it was more awkward to go to Victoria Secret now, she was sure that they were thinking she was buying a lingerie for Sidney. And of course, he was in mind while selecting swimsuits. She wants him to think she look good in it.

She continued to look around. She saw a one piece zigzag black and white stripes, swimsuit that look so classy and not overly sexy, she really liked it. She went to look for another one, the next swimsuit she found was a blue, two piece. Happy with her choices she grabbed it and immediately when to the cashier to pay, so she can get out of the store quickly.

After purchasing her swimsuits, she went to the grocery to buy the ingredient she'll be needing to prepare their dinner. It was the first time she'll cook for him, she'll be only preparing a simple dinner for them tonight but she wants to make it up to him for taking her frustrations out on him.

Done with her grocery shopping, she put them on the passenger seat of the car then climbed to the driver seat and drove back to her twin brother's condo. When she arrived home, she put her groceries to the center island in the kitchen then go to her room. She leaved the swimsuits on her bed and went to the bathroom to change her clothes . After changing she went to the kitchen and wear her apron then started preparing to cook their dinner.

_________

He can't help but think about her sudden mood swing this afternoon as he drive to her twin brother's place. Maybe she was still tired from her summer tour, she only had a few days of rest after all. Her smile doesn't even touch her blue eyes earlier. All he wants to do was to hugged her and take her away from all the things that was bothering her.

He killed the engine of his SUV and grabbed the chocolate box he bought earlier for her as he climbed out of the car. The guard let him inside the building without a question, knowing who he was and where he was going by now. He rode the elevator and get off on Cedric's floor, heading directly to his teammate's condo. He knocked on the door and she open it on his third knock.

She was wearing a simple dress but it took his breath away how simply beautiful she was tonight without make up, she was only wearing a lip gloss. Then the delicious smell of chicken hit him, making his stomach growl.

It made her giggled while he rubbed the back of his neck out of embarrassment, "Come in." she opened the door wider to let him in the closed it behind him.

"I bought you chocolates." he said handing it to her.

"Thank you." she gave him a hug then took his hand leading him to the dinning room. "I'll be back." she disappeared in the kitchen, probably to put the chocolate in the fridge.

He looked at the dinner she prepared, lemon brown sugar chicken with roast potatoes and Mac & cheese. The smell of the chicken was heavenly and he can't wait to taste the dinner she prepared. She appeared again in the dinning room. "It look delicious." he told her as they sat down.

"There's one way to find out."

He started digging on his food but she was just staring at him. "Why aren't you eating?"

"I'm waiting for you to go first."

And he did. He can't help but moaned at how good the chicken tasted. It wasn't too sweet just enough sweetness to blend to the chickens taste. She was beaming, obviously pleased that he liked the dinner she prepared. "This taste really great!"

"Thank you." she said, her cheeks darkened pink.

"I know you told me you can cook but I never thought you can cook this well."

"I practice my cooking skills when I'm in camp. My training mates are usually my guinea pigs."

"I'm willing to volunteer if all the food you cook is this good." he grinned.

"I'll try to cook for you as often as I could." she promised.

Most of the women he went out with were perfectly content to have him take them out for a pricey dinner. Not once had any woman offered to cook him a meal. She was really unique. "I'll surely gain too much weight if you cook for me all the time."

"You can always run on the treadmill to burn it."

He chuckled. "You're a woman of many talents, Cassy."

“Not really. I just like to cook. And men are easily impressed by a woman who knows how to cook. It caters to one of their base needs.”

“Like food.”

“Exactly.”

“So you’re saying I’m easy?”

“No. I’m saying you’re a man.”

"I've been called Sid the Kid for so long that I don't even know how to act like one." he said, a hint of sadness was palpable in his voice.

"It's a nickname that stick to you but it doesn't define who you are."

Amazement washed over him as he stared at her. He was sure that the women he knew would tell him that his nickname sounds cool or someday someone will realized that he was now a grown up man, but Cassandra, of course will say none of that to him. She was called by the nickname of Queen Titania after all.

He liked strong women, not ones who would cry if you looked at them the wrong way. She wasn’t the type of woman to manipulate a man with tears to get what she wanted. He couldn’t see her ever doing something like that, since she was so straight-up honest. She was sweet on the outside, but she was tough.

He ate everything on his plate and she did too. After that he volunteered to help her wash the dishes and no matter how many times she refused and tried to kicked him out of the kitchen he stayed. He gave up trying to help her clean up though, so he just sat down and watch her move around efficiently.

When she was done cleaning up the kitchen, she lead him to the living room. The couple sat down on the couch cuddling each other. They were both contented sitting there in comfortable silence, without the cameras and worries of their up coming busy schedule in the next few months to come. He took her hand to hold it.

"I like how your hands swallowed mine." she told him.

“I think it’s a nice fit,” he said, looking at their hands. She looked down, then back at him.

“Maybe you’re right.”

“I’m always right.” She giggled again, rolling her eyes.

“Male ego…” He smiled, as she giggled some more. He loved her giggle, her smile, shit, her everything. He kissed her bare shoulder then to her cheeks, which made her giggled again until he reached her lips, interrupting her giggled. His fingers sink into her hair, gently removing bow clip that holds her hair in a ponytail. They pulled apart to catch their breath.

"You look more beautiful when your hair is down." he told her as he continue to softly give her lips lingering kisses.

She whimpered softly wanting his lips back to hers but he kept teasing her only giving her a lingering touch on the lips. He grinned down at her, liking how she was into it as he was.

"Are your things ready for tomorrow?" he asked.

"Not yet."

"Me too." they were silent again and he wanted to asked her what was wrong earlier but he doesn't want to ruined their moment together.

"I'm sorry." she apologized. "I just think that you're being overprotective of me like the rest of my family." he was glad that she was honest with him and open to talk about their problems.

"You could have told me that. I'm worried about you, you know that right?" he asked her softly as he run his fingers through her golden blonde, hair.

She nodded her head then snuggled closer to him.

"I should go, still need to pack my things. Our flight is very early." they both stood up from the couch and walked towards the door. But before he leaves, he kissed her a little longer that he intended then pulled away. "I'm excited for our trip tomorrow." he told her.

"I can’t wait as well." she said smiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter … Episode 9 - The Runaway Trip To The Harbour

The title of this chapter is from the song Many The Miles by Sara Bareilles.

What do you think? Comment? Subscribe? Recommend? That would be awesome!

Thank you for reading!