Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Episode 10: The Runaway Trip To The Harbour (part II)

In their cabin
 
Cassandra woke up at 6 am as always. Stretching out, she glanced at Sidney, who was still deep asleep cuddling her. She tried to get up but his arms that he wrapped around her waist pulled her back to bed. "You're awake!" She poked him in the ribs.
 
He opened his eyes and grinned down at her. "Morning to you too!"
 
"We have to get up now!"
 
"It's only 6 in the morning."
 
"But you said that you want to go fishing in the morning."
 
"Right." He removed his arms around her to stretch out, rubbing his eyes while she got off of the bed, heading to the dresser for her clothes. "Bring a change of clothes, so we can take a swim afterwards." he told her as he sat up on the bed.
 
"Okay. Let's eat breakfast in the resort's restaurant instead of calling room service." After collecting the things she needed, she went inside the bathroom.
 
He heard the water running as he climbed off of the bed to gather his things that he'll use after she took her shower. He checked his phone while waiting for her to finished still looking groggy. When she came out, he can't help but noticed the tie of her halter swimsuit. She was wearing a swimsuit underneath her
shirt and shorts . "I never thought you'd wear- " she interrupted him.
 
"A swimsuit because you think I'm prude?" she asked him with an amused smile.
 
He didn't answer, which made her laughed, not even offended by it.
 
"I'm not prude. I just don't have anything to show off, so I stick to wearing normal clothes."
 
"I... Yeah." He conceded. He thinks that there was no sense to lie about it.
 
She chuckled. "Go take your shower."

________
 
Interview room with Cassandra Collins
 
"I'm really not a prude. I guess a lot of people thought I am but I'm really not. My costumes in figure skating are skirts and when I move around my undergarments we're shown, so if I'm a prude I don't think I'll be figure skating. I got nothing against other women that wear provocative clothes, they wear those clothes because they are sexy and they look good in it. I just thing that it will be embarrassing if I wear a dress with a plunging neckline and there is nothing to show between the neckline, so I'd stick to wearing clothes the suits me." She explained.

_______
 
In their cabin
 
She was done putting things she'll bring inside her beach bag when he came out of the bathroom. He grabbed his backpack on the bed and put his wallet, cellphone and the keys of their cabin inside.
 
"Ready to go?" He asked her and she nodded her head. "I need my coffee fix."
 
"Not a morning person, eh?" she teased smiling too brightly for only seven in the morning in his opinion but can't help finding it cute.
 
"I let you sleep again yesterday when you're still sleepy." he shoots back.
 
"That's different because I'm tired."
 
"And I'm not?"
 
"I came from another country the other day, you don't." he didn't answer. What can he possibly answer back to that?
 
He locked the door of their cabin and the couple walked towards the resort's restaurant to eat breakfast. "Are you still tired?"
 
"I'm fully energized now."
 
There weren’t much people inside since it was only quarter to seven in the morning when they get there. They went over to the table with the view of the beach to sit down. A waitress came to take their order. "Black coffee and ham and cheese omelette." he ordered.
 
"Hot chocolate and western omelette." After writing down their order she left them.
 
"You don't really drink coffee, huh?"
 
"I don't, caffeine from coffee gets me so jittery."
 
"You must be drinking too much."
 
She shook her head. "Even just one cup makes me jittery."
 
"How about a cappuccino?"
 
"That's coffee too."
 
"I know. Does it have the same effect as coffee?"
 
"I never try and never will."
 
Their waitress came back to the table with their order after putting it down and saying their thanks she leaved them again to eat their breakfast.
 
"You're family always went fishing?" he asked her.
 
"Yeah, my dad and brothers really loves fishing in the lake at the back of our house and compete whether who'll catch the biggest fish then afterwards my mom and I will grill it for dinner."
 
"Who always catches the biggest fish?"
 
"Austin, of course." She answered in a duh tone.
 
He can't help but laughed at her answer. "Of course it's Austin." He agreed. The guy was as competitive as him. "I remember one summer while the guys and I were at your parents' house he took us fishing in the lake behind your house as well. We rode his huge boat and caught a couple varieties of bass."
 
"Most of the fishes in the lake are bass but I only ate white bass before."
 
"Let's eat the fishes we'll catch as our dinner tonight."
 
She nodded her head as she took a sip of her hot chocolate. "I know a seafood restaurant in town where they can cook the fishes we'll catch."
 
"But I want you to cook it for us."
 
"I'm not good at cleaning fishes. I just make a huge mess in the kitchen."
 
He looked disappointed, "I really want you to cook."
 
"I'll cook dinner next time for you."
 
After they finished their breakfast they walked out of the restaurant heading to the shop of the resort, where they'll rent a boat and buy their fishing equipments. A man in his early forties welcomed them inside the shop, asking them what they need. They told him what they needed and he immediately took off to get it. When he returned, he handed over the equipments and the keys of the boat to Sidney and walked them out of the shop to their rented boat.
 
"What kind of fish are in the lake?" She asked the old man.
 
"There are crappie, bluegill, and yellow perch, and a couple varieties of bass.” the man answered.
 
“Crappie? I don’t want to catch one of those.” Sidney and the old man can't help but laughed at her.
 
She asked a few more questions to the old man like, "Where is the best area in the lake to fish?" and many others he never thought to asked but thankful she does. The old man seemed to be amused by her questions, answering every single one of them with good explanations. When she was satisfied with the answers she got she thanked the old man and he left them.
 
Sidney placed their equipments in the boat first before he started untying it from the dock.
 
"Is there anything I can help?" She offered.
 
"Nah, I'm good." He held out his hands to her to helped her get in the boat and earned a silent thank you from her.
 
Cassandra was sitting next to Sidney on the seat of the boat, diligently following his instructions as he showed her how to cast her line and how to reel it in. She looked like she doesn't even need him to tell her what to do but instead of telling him that she humors him, letting him taught her how to fished. When she tried to throw it her line sailed and dropped nicely into the water.
 
"You're good." he complimented her.
 
"I don't think I am until I catch a fish."
 
“Reel your line back in. You need a worm on it now for this to work if you want to catch a fish.”
 
She reeled her line in and he took the lid off the Styrofoam cup holding the bait and held it out to her.
 
“Pick your worm.”
 
Most of the women he had dated in the past would have squealed and protested and insisted he do it for them. Aware that he just might be testing her, he waited for her response.
 
Instead of protesting or acting disgusted by the worms, she actually picked the plumpest one.
 
“I’ll show you how to put it on the hook.”
 
“Okay.” Cassandra frowned in concentration. “This one looks appropriately plump and enticing.”
 
Sidney felt the corners of his mouth turning up. So far, she was passing the test.
 
“This is a bass-catching worm, I’m certain of it.”
 
“Absolutely. It’s written all over him.” He plucked a worm out for himself and showed to her how to put it on the hook. “See? That’s it. Just watch your fingers.”
 
She crammed her worm onto her hook. “There. I’m good to go.”
 
“Just cast your line again, then.”
 
Cassandra was staring at the worm. "Can I kill my worm now?"
 
"Why?" He asked frowning at her question.
 
"Because I think it's painful to be jammed up in a hook. I don’t want to prolong its agony." She said thoughtfully.
 
Trust her to consider the consequences of fishing to the worm. She didn’t look particularly upset or disturbed, she was just clearly thinking it through. “If that seems appropriate to you, go for it. I’m tossing mine in, because I suspect the fish likes a wiggling, live worm better than a dead one.”
 
“Really? They have discerning tastes?”
 
“I would just think a moving worm would attract their attention more than a dead one. They might just think its debris floating in the water if it isn’t wiggling around.”
 
“Oh. That’s a valid point. But does the worm drown?”
 
“I have no idea how long it takes a worm to drown.” He answered trying so hard to contain his laughter since she looked serious about her questions.
 
She lifted her rod and spoke to her worm. “I’m sorry, but I want to catch a fish.” She cast her line.
 
They sat in companionable silence for a few minutes, the sun hot on his arms, a sleepy and pleasant lethargy stealing over him. Now, this was the way to spend his vacation—out on the lake with a woman whose company he really enjoyed.
 
She sat up straight suddenly. “Oh, something’s happening!” She had a look of fear and excitement on her face and held her pole like it had suddenly come alive.
 
“Hold steady,” Ty said, leaning over and peering out into the water. He could see the ripples of movement where her line was cast. “Okay, just start reeling it in, slow and steady.”
 
“Okay.” She took a deep breath and started reeling in her line.
 
He reached over to feel the line. It was taut and there was definitely something on it.
 
“What are you doing?” she asked, pausing.
 
“Just checking it. Keep going.”
 
She did, biting her lip and spreading her feet to brace herself. Ty just sat and watched her, enjoying the concentration on her face, appreciating the beauty of her face in profile. He turned to the water right at
the moment a striped bass emerged, dangling and flopping on her line.
 
“Alright!” he told her, pulling the line forward so that the fish fell on the floor of the boat. “You got a bass.”
 
“I did?” She stared at the fish jumping around, and then grinned widely. "Yay! I did it!" She looked really happy to catch a fish.
 
He laughed. “Exactly.” He released the fish from the hook and dropped it into the small cooler he had brought with them. “Very impressive.”
 
"Thank you!" She beamed at him, her eyes sparkling with excitement. “I caught a fish! Wow! I can’t wait to tell my dad and brothers! They’ll never believe me!”

_______
 
Studio
 
"She sends me a picture of the fish she caught." Cedric shared to his co-commentators.
 
"She looked really happy and proud of catching a fish." Ryan said laughing.
 
"It's because she can’t catch a thing in the lake behind our house. It really frustrates her since she's very competitive to our brother and I." Cedric said.
________
 
Interview room with Cassandra Collins
 
"It felt so great! I love it! I've never caught a fish before, so finally catching one really made my day. The whole fishing experience was really amazing and fun. " She said beaming happily.

________
 
Interview room with Sidney Crosby
 
"I don't have much time this summer to go fishing. So when we went fishing and I saw how excited she was about it really pumped me up. I think, Cassy was more excited about it than me. She never complained and she actually asked questions that I think was very amusing." he said.

_______
 
In the boat
 
She gave him a sheepish smile. “So do we keep fishing? Is there a goal in mind for the number of fish we want?”
 
His goal had simply been to relax and do something with her that he enjoyed, nothing more. “Well, I don't think one fish is enough for us to eat on dinner."
 
They fished some more for their dinner then afterwards Sidney suggested they can go swimming. "We're not going back to the shore first?"
 
"Nah, the rent on the boat will be wasted if we immediately return."
 
"Right." she agreed.
 
He shucked off his shirt and she quickly turned away, tucking a stray strand of her hair behind her ears while blushing madly. He can't help but grinned at her reaction. Not prude my ass. He thought watching her blushed prettily as she continuously fidgeting her hair.
_______
 
Interview room with Cassandra Collins
 
"What's your first thought when Sidney removed his shirt?" WGM interviewer asked.
 
She sighed heavily. "This is not good." She said covering her face as her cheeks turned different shade of red.

_______
 
Interview room with Sidney Crosby
 
"What do you think of her reaction when you remove your shirt?" WGM interviewer asked him.
 
"I think it's really cute. She was uncomfortable by it at first but afterwards she seemed fine." he answered

_______
 
Studio
 
"If a shirtless Sidney Crosby is in front of me the last thing I'll do is blush." Myra said.
 
"No body cares." Ryan told her then she glared at him.
_______
 
In the boat
 
It was not the first time she saw a shirtless guy but he was different because she was dating him. She was trying so hard to keep her eyes on his face but can't help staring at his wide chest and broad shoulders, so she just looked away.
 
"You okay?" He asked her.
 
She nodded as she stood up, starting to unbutton and unzipped her shorts then she slowly pulled it down to her legs that looked long even though she was only an average height. It pooled around her ankle, leaving her wearing her bikini bottom and T-shirt. She used her foot to pick it up folding it neatly then placed it on her chair afterwards she removed her shirt, doing the same thing she did to her shorts.
 
There she was in front of him wearing a bikini, she looked sexy and innocent in it. She was athletically fit but doesn't have a hard muscular body. Obviously, she doesn’t do much weight lifting like other female athlete. Her body had an hourglass figure and her waist was round and wide, making her looks so soft.
 
He never considered himself as an ass-man before, since he liked his women with huge tits but that seemed to change with her. Yeah, her breasts were not that big, but her ass made up for it, he guess great ass comes with gorgeous legs and her milky white skin made her looked like a porcelain doll.
 
He wanted to touch her so badly. He knows he was staring at her way too much because he can feel himself getting excited. Not wanting to embarrass himself in front of the camera he dove into the water. "Dive in!"
 
She removed her sunglass that was resting above her head putting it on top of her clothes then she dove into the waters so gracefully that she hardly made any splashed. When she emerged he playfully splashed water to her direction. She splashed water back directly to his face giggling then she swam away from him doing a lazy backstroke.
 
He followed her and swam beside her. "Hey." he grinned.
 
"Hey, yourself."
 
"Let's make a bet." He suggested to her.
 
"What kind of bet?"
 
"The first one to reach the dock can make any wish." He proposed, confident that he'll win the swimming race challenge against her.
 
She gave him a wide-eyes smile. "Game!" She willingly agreed to their bet.
 
"The starting line will be from our boat." he told her and they swam towards it. The couple was standing side-by-side in the boat preparing for their swimming race. "1, 2, 3, Go!" he counted and they both catapulted into the water, swimming towards the dock as fast as they can.
 
Sidney was leading the whole time but Cassandra quickly over take him as they come closer to the dock. She reached the dock first only for a few seconds before him.
 
He splashed water at her. "You let me lead the entire time, didn't you?"
 
"What?" She asked laughing.
_______
 
Interview room with Sidney Crosby
 
"Cassy is a good swimmer. The way she easily over took me was a proof of that. I thought that I can defeat her but obviously I underestimated her ability. I guess next time I'll be careful of competing with her because she was very competitive too and calculative." He said.

_______
 
On the lake
 
He narrowed his eyes and asked her. "How come you swim so fast?"
 
"It's my cardio workout." He tackled her, sending both of them under the water.
 
They were both coughing when they resurfaced. He wrapped his arms around her waist not letting her swim away from him. "You know you'll win because of that advantage and yet you still agree on our bet?" he playfully accused.
 
"Didn't you challenge me in the first place because you thought you’ll win against me?" She countered back, raising an eye brow. Ouch. She went for the jugular. Damn. He underestimated her, forgetting that she was an athlete too and competitive. It was a lesson learned to him today.
 
He sighed, "Yeah." he admitted.
 
"It was fair." She gave him her devil's smirked. "Now, you owe me wish."
 
"What's your wish?"
 
"I don't know yet. I'll think about it later." She beamed.

_______
 
Interview room with Cassandra Collins
 
"I like the feeling of being an underdog. Sid obviously thought that he'll win the bet and that's the fun part when you prove them wrong about their assumptions. So next time he better be cautions on throwing bets around." She said.

_______
 
On the lake
 
"Okay. Let's go back to our boat." He said and they swam towards their boat. "Why did you choose swimming as your cardio workout?" He asked, going back to their early conversation.
 
"My doctor chooses it for me after my shin surgery. Swimming can cause less high-impact damage on my shin muscle compared to running or jogging."
 
"Oh." He didn't know what to say. He wanted to ask more about her compartment syndrome but he didn't think it was the right time. After seeing her surgery scar, he searched her injury and found out how much pain she goes through. He thought that he'd rather suffer with concussion than that.
 
She smiled at him as if sensing his uneasiness. "Swimming is still my cardio workout till now because it's a full-body workout and it's less painful compared to other workout programs, like weight lifting or running." She added.
 
When they reached their boat, they towelled off their wet body and goes back to the dock. He tied the boat, and she helped him carried some of their equipment as they walked to the shop to return the boat's keys, they thanked the old man then they went back to their cabin.
 
Arriving at their cabin, they put their things down on the floor of their bedroom. She went right away to the dresser, wanting to get out of her wet swimsuit. She felt him standing behind her before he wrapped his arms around her waist, hugging her from the back.
 
He kissed her shoulder then he turned her around to face him. She placed her hands on his bare chest as he crushed his lips to hers, pressing her back to the dresser. He was kissing her hard, it very far from the way he usually kissed her but she was surprised to find out she liked it as much as their sweet and slow kissing. Okay. Maybe she liked it a bit more. She moved her hands from his chest to his neck then to his hair ruffling it as she run her fingers through it.
 
He needed to calm down and get a gripped of himself, or else they might make a love scene right here. They're both breathing heavily when they pulled apart. He rested his forehead to hers with his eyes closed, counting from one to ten then kissed the top of her head.
 
"Go change." He told her, stepping back. God. He sounded like a caveman.
 
She nodded her head and quickly went inside the bathroom.
 
He took his towel, using it to cover his erection. The kiss was a bad idea but he can't help himself, he wanted to touch her. He grabbed the cooler and goes to the kitchen to put more ice in it to keep the fishes they caught look fresh. Going back to the bedroom, he heard her singing in the bathroom, which made him smile as he arranged their fishing equipment, so it was not scattered around the floor of their bedroom. He was a guy but he doesn't like his room messy and smelly, he likes his things clean and tidy.
 
She came out of the bathroom, her hair was carefully curled by a curling iron, and not her usual air dried messy curls. She was wearing a blue, dress . "You can use the bathroom now."
 
"I'll be quick, so we can eat lunch."
 
"Yeah, I'm hungry. Did you already call room service?" She asked pointing to the telephone.
 
"No, I'm thinking we drive downtown to eat lunch."
 
"Okay." She agreed.
 
After he changed, the couple rode their rental SUV heading to the town. "Any suggestion where to eat?" He asked her as he drove out of off the beaten path of the resort.
 
She shook her head. "We only eat in one restaurant when we stay here and that's the seafood restaurant I told you. But we can go to The Pier, I heard that the food there is good. It was along Little Traverse Bay." She told him and searched the restaurant through the GPS.
 
He followed the direction the GPS had given to him. "I'm so hungry."
 
She giggled. "We should have just order room service."
 
"Yeah, but I want to drive around the town."
 
"If you want we can go bike after we eat lunch to look around the town."
 
"That sound better than driving but how can you ride a bike you're wearing a dress?"
 
"There's nothing to worry, I'll be fine." She assured him. "We'll be leaving tomorrow morning."
 
"Don't remind me."
 
"I don't want to leave yet."
 
"Let's come back again next time."
 
"That would wonderful!"
 
The couple arrived in the restaurant. Beautiful music was playing as the concierge greeted them and led them to a table in the back. She scooted into the booth and he scooted in beside her, wanting to stay close to her. They both take a looked at the menu, already very hungry after their morning activity.
 
"What are you going to get?" She asked him.
 
"Perch, it's my favorite fish."
 
"I get the whitefish."
 
"Good choice." He put down his menu. "I'd like to order wine."
 
"Go ahead, don't let me spoil it for you."
 
"I don't want to look like a bad influence."
 
They ordered their food and the waiter ran off to fill the order. They sat for a few minutes and taking in the beautiful scenery.
 
"The place reminds me our first date." She told him as she looked around the restaurant.
 
"Hyeholde Restaurant?"
 
She nodded. "It felt like a long time ago."
 
"Yeah, it's been two months since our first date."
 
"Time past by so fast."
 
He smiled, scooting a little closer to her, so that their legs were touching. Their food was bought out so then the waiter laid the food down and wished them happy eating before walking away. "Come with me to New York." He blurted out.
 
"What?" She asked, surprised at him.
 
"You'll be stuck alone in Pitts while I'm gone, so why not come with me instead."
 
"I'll be stuck there alone as well when you went out to your meeting and do your promotional stuffs."
 
"Why do you always have a reason?" He asked her frowning.
 
"Because I think logically." He burst out laughing at her obvious answer.
 
"I can see that." The couple continue to eat their lunch in comfortable silence. When they were done eating he called their waiter to pay their lunch then walked out of the restaurant. They walked around the pier holding each other's hands.
 
"Look! There's an ice cream shop!" She pointed towards the shop excited and he can't help but chuckled. They came in the ice cream shop and she ran to the counter to order. "A cone of double dutch, please."
 
He stood beside her choosing what ice cream flavor to buy. "Add one cone of cookies and cream." he told the guy behind the counter. The guy gave their ordered ice cream to them and after paying it they walked out of the shop to continue their walk. The back half of the pier was empty except for the occasional bench.
 
“It’s a different pace out here, isn’t it?” she said quietly.
 
"A different world entirely. It reminds me of Cole Harbour."
 
She nodded. "I miss living in a small town."
 
"Always been a small town girl, eh?" He grinned.
 
"Yeah." She looked at him watching her ate her ice cream. "Why are you looking at me?"
 
"Because you look beautiful."
 
She chuckled. "The view of the lake is beautiful too."
 
"You look more beautiful than the lake." He said more seriously this time.
 
"Thank you." She took out her handkerchief. "You got an ice cream on the side of your lips." she told him as she wiped it away.
 
"Thank you."
 
"I don't have any ice cream on my face, do I?"
 
"You do." he answered although there was none. He grabbed the handkerchief from her hand but instead of wiping the none existent ice cream on the side of her lips he kissed her, warm and tasting like cookies and cream ice cream.
 
The kiss started out gentle, and he’d meant for it to stay that way, so it will not end up like their kiss earlier, but then she pulled back just enough to stare up at him, all flushed and wide-eyed. He pressed lips again to hers and her ice cream was forgotten, it slipped from her hand as her arms wound around his neck, kissing him as harder and he was a goner.

_______
 
Studio
 
"Wow! And here I thought there kiss earlier was already too much." Myra said fanning herself.
 
"You need to stop inviting me as co-commentator. I don't think I can stomach another kissing scene of my sister." Cedric complained covering his eyes.

_______
 
On the pier
 
When they broke apart, she gasped. "My ice cream!" she looked really regretful at wasting her ice cream.
 
"I'll buy you again if want." He offered.
 
"No need." She shook her head. "Come on, let's rent a bike now." She took his free hand.
 
"You want my ice cream?" She nodded but instead of taking the cone she hold his hand and pulled it down to her level, her tongue covered the ice as she delicately licked the treat, then followed with her lips as she drew the snow cone into her mouth. Sucking. Pulling. The images she evoked as her tongue worked at the rounded head of the cone were for adults only. At least to him.
 
"It taste like you."
 
"What do I taste like?"
 
"Sweet."
 
"I told you I'm sweet." She laughed remembering their conversation yesterday.
 
"You are." she agreed.
 
They walked towards the bike path, where there were a lot of bike rentals for tourist that wants to ride bikes. They rented two bikes. "Are you sure you'll be alright wearing a dress?" He asked her again worried about her modesty.
 
"It's fine." They biked around the bike path along with the other tourist. "Do you want another race?" She asked, teasing him about their bet earlier this morning.
 
"Are you challenging me?" He teased back.
 
"What if I do?"
 
"What's the bet?"
 
"Never mind."
 
"Are you scared I'll defeat you this time?"
 
"Not at all." She back down at challenging him, not because she was scared of losing to him but it was because she already exhausted her legs today. She was one hundred percent healthy and pain free from her injury but her shin muscles will never be back to its one hundred percent and she still need to be careful not to overwork it, especially now that training camp was about to start. "Like you said, I'm wearing a dress and it's a disadvantage to me." She reasoned, which was not a complete lie.
 
"Yeah, we don't want something indecent to happen." He grinned teasingly and she gave him a sarcastic laugh. He held out his hand to her and she holds it as they continue biking around the town.
 
She saw a pastry shop and stopped in front of it, tugging his hand to enter the shop. They left their bike outside the pink shop and come inside. The shop smelled heavenly. Vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon all tickled her nose, and Cassandra’s mouth started to water. She always had a sweet tooth. She'd admit, it got her in trouble sometimes, her mom, coach and trainer often scold her for eating too much sweets.
 
He watched as she lowered her wide-eyed gaze to the case of sweets, looking like a little kid. “What can I tempt you both with?” A plump woman nearly her forties asked them.
 
“Oh God…” she said fervently. “Umm…I’m going to need a minute.”
 
“Sure, just let me know when you’re ready.” She said smiling at them warmly then she walked to the other end of the counter.
 
Carbs. Lots and lots of carbs. Cupcakes, large and small round cakes, cinnamon rolls, doughnuts… God, when will be the next time she’d be able indulged in something so sinfully decadent when her training camp and season starts?
 
"You look like you're about to faint." He murmured to her ears.
 
"That is exactly how I feel right now."
 
“So, anything look good to you guys?” Kate called out, setting down her pen and walking back their way.
 
“Anything? Try everything,” Cassandra said and then groaned. “Oh…why don’t I try one of the chocolate éclairs.”
 
“Good choice. They’re pretty popular.”
 
"I'll have vanilla bean cupcake." Sidney ordered.
 
"Here or to go?"
 
"To go." He answered.
 
When she went to fill their order, Cassandra turned toward him and whispering, "Hmm. You’re a vanilla kind of guy, huh?" Her eyes were glimmering as she smiled at him.
 
He leaned down and his lips brushed her ears. “I’ll have you know I go from vanilla to red velvet in under ten seconds.”
 
"I like red velvet cupcake too, especially with cream cheese frosting!" She clasped her hands together. He wrapped his arm around her waist and kissed her temple. He had no idea why he still tried to flirt with her when she was so oblivious about it.
 
The woman handed over to him a plain white paper bag as he paid their order and left the shop, riding their bike again while eating their cupcakes. "Any other place you want to visit?" He asked her.
 
"Souvenir shop!"
 
"We pass by a souvenir shop on the pier earlier." The couple biked back to the pier, heading to the souvenir shop they saw earlier.
 
They enter the small store made of wood and searched for souvenir gifts to give to their family and friends when they went back home tomorrow. After picking up their souvenir items they went to the cashier.
 
She put all of the items she collected to purchase it fishing her wallet inside her bag.
 
"I'll pay for it." he said sternly as she took out her money inside her wallet.
 
She straightens her back, facing him with her chin lift up in the air. "I can pay for my things, Sidney." she said in a matter-of-fact tone.
 
"I know you can but you're with me and whatever you want and need I'll buy it for you."
 
"What if I ask you to buy me a frappuccino in the nearest Starbucks and make you come back three times until you get it right, will you do it?"
 
"You're joking about this."
 
"Of course I'm joking." Cassandra said. "Otherwise, I'd have to take your comment seriously about you needing to pay for whatever I want to buy, and I'm in far too good of a mood to lecture you on the fact that sexual politics
have changed somewhat since the 1950s." she said in a tone that leave no room for an argument, handing her money to the cashier.
 
He sighed in defeat. "Speaking of 1950s, has anyone ever told you that you look like Grace Kelly?"
 
Cassandra relaxed, smoothing back her curly blond hair. "Actually, my grandfather used to say that. You're trying to change the subject, aren’t you?"
 
"Definitely." She rolled her eyes and didn't say anything as they left the store and went back to the bike path to return their bikes.
 
It was already six in the evening when the couple went back and climbed into their rental SUV heading to the seafood restaurant Cassandra told him about. The restaurant was not that far form but it was on the opposite direction of the places they visited earlier.
 
When they arrived at the restaurant, it was not fancy like The Pier but it was clean and gives a simple ambience. He gave the fishes they caught and requested to be cooked fish and chips style. They sat down on the table in the back to not catch other patrons’ attention since the place was full.
 
"We went here around the middle of October so the place was not this pack." She told him.
 
"I actually like it." He liked that the place was packed and no one seemed to care who they are but that was because of the WGM crew around them. Still the restaurant made him felt like just a normal guy having dinner with his girlfriend unlike in the fancy and pricey restaurants he was so used to eating all the time.
 
"I'm glad you do because they cook fish really great."
 
"I can see that with all the customers here."
 
"It's a different atmosphere that the usual places we go for dinner."
 
He nodded. "It’s one of its appeals." He agreed to her. "So, what's your wish? You still didn’t tell me."
 
She rested her chin above the back of her hand still thinking about her wish. "I'll tell it to you when we went back to our cabin."
 
"Why not tell it now?"
 
Their food was bought out so she didn’t have to answer. Sidney watched her as the waiter laid the food down and walking away. Cassandra had a feeling he wanted his answer.
 
“I’m waiting, Cassy."
 
"What's the rush?"
 
"I'm curious to know what your wish is."
 
"Patience is a virtue." She told him, deflecting his inquisition as she ate her fish.
 
"Fine." He said and munched his French fries. "Their fries is really good."

She nodded her head. "It is."

When they finished their dinner, he paid their bill and they went to the parking lot. Reaching the rental SUV they climbed in and he drove them back to their resort.

"We had very long day." She said through the silence.

"Yeah, but it was amazing." He was smiling from eye-to-ear. He really enjoy their vacation together and wish it can be longer.

"Absolutely." She agreed.

"Austin used that word a lot."

"He does." She chuckled.

"When will your brothers go back to Pitts?"

"They'll be back to Pitts on Sunday."

"And you?"

"It will always be Friday until the end of camp."

He pulled the SUV in the parking lot of the resort then grabbed their shopping bags that was sitting on the backseat and they walked towards their cabin. She unlocked the glass door and opened it wider for him. He put down their shopping bags on the floor, thinking about arranging it tomorrow along with their things when they packed.

She quickly went to the bathroom to clean up and change. It was a long and tiring day but she definitely enjoy it so much. She get out of the bathroom wearing her sleepwear , she had another set of SpongeBob PJ's but he laughed at her last night and probably thought she was childish. So what if she still like SpongeBob? It was not a crime to like a cartoon.

"You're not wearing SpongeBob." Was the first thing he said to her when she came out of the bathroom.

"You laughed at me last night." She crawled in the bed.

"Don't sleep yet. You still have to told me your wish."

"Aye-aye captain!" He narrowed his eyes and she burst out laughing. "I'll wait for you." She shoo him.

After using the bathroom, he went to bed and scooped her to his arms. "Now, tell me about that wish of yours."

She looked up to him. "My wish is I don't want you to pay for anything I'll purchase." He was about to say something but her index fisher silenced him as she place it in his lips. "Listen to me first. I'll let you talk later." She told him. "I know that as the man you think it is your job to buy me things but I don't want you to do that. I'll let you pay for our food and other expenses but if I'll buy personal things for myself, I want to be the one to pay it because it's mine. That's my wish." She was looking at him seriously with her wide-eyes gaze.

He ran his hand on her arms contemplating about her wish. He doesn't like her wish. He should be spending his money on her and buy her whatever she wants but he was a man of his words and there bet said that she can ask him anything. "You need to know that I don't like it but if that's what you really wish then I'll give it to you." He said then kissed her forehead.

"Thank you." she gave him a peck on the lips and snuggled to his chest.

Tomorrow they'll be back to the reality of their lives.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapter is so long...
Thank you for reading! ^_^