Status: On-going...

We Got Married

Come Back... Be Here

-Cassandra-

"I told myself don't get attached,
But in my mind I play it back,
Spinning faster than the plane that took you…"

She listen the song playing on her iPod on repeat since last night straight now as she run on the treadmill for her morning exercise at the work out facility of her training camp. It seem to be ridiculous to her how she was torturing herself listening to the song while trying to convince herself that Sidney and her was not dating for real and how she shouldn't listen to a song talking about being away from someone the singer think she is falling in love with. Stepping off of the treadmill she turned off her iPod, grabbed her towel to wipe her sweat and walked to the shower preparing for the rehearsal within an hour from now.

Arriving at the rink twenty minutes before the rehearsal there was only several cast of the ice show there yet stretching to get ready for the rehearsal to start as soon as they were completed.

She waved making her way towards the cast. "Good morning!" she greeted them and they greeted her back.

Katrina Karr, a French black, haired single's figure skater with dark eyes from Lyon, France called Cassandra, "Kiddo!" Ever since she told them about Sidney being her visual fiancé they've been starting calling her that and added the fact that she was the youngest skater in the seniors, her new nickname seem to suit her.

The two of them were rivals ever since they debut as junior skaters, they are also training mates and best friends, people found their friendship ironic considering how the two of them were rivals on the ice. It was sad how the media focus more on their rivalry than their friendship but she guess they need to make up stories to sell their papers.

"Hey!" she waved at her sitting down on the bench beside her.

Katrina was gave her a knowing smile, she'd been giving her that since she arrived yesterday and she was also the one to blame for her listening to 'Come Back…Be Here' after suggesting it to her last night after she told them about him flying with her here to Michigan.

"Stop that! You look like a creep." she told her.

She didn't say anything and her creepy smile was still plastered on her face. Cassandra's not annoyed but she's not amused either. She was just not used to being teased about a guy before since she never been interested into one that must be the reason they started thinking she was an emotionless Barbie doll that was obsess with winning.

"I just can’t believe you're turning into a human being." Katrina teased smiling broadly.

"Why does everybody think I'm not human?" she asked.

"Because you're little miss perfect." Katrina deadpanned.

"I'm not perfect. I'm just more better at covering up my tracks that you guys do." she shoot back.

Katrina laughed, "You should teach us how to do that." she told her.
____________

-Sidney-

He was hanging out with the guys at James Neal's place playing video games and having some drinks to relax after a busy week full of guestings, interviews, photo shoots and shooting. It was a very busy summer for the team but he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

"Did you fly to Michigan with Cassy yesterday?" Cedric asked as him without taking his eyes off of the flat screen as they play.

"Yeah, how did you know?" he asked.

"Saw pictures of you with fans on Twitter." he stated like it was obvious, which it was. A lot of fans asked for him for autograph and picture at the airport yesterday after Cassandra leave.

"Wow! When your episode started airing and women saw all those things your doing their standards will surly get higher. Thanks man for making our lives harder." Sutter said.

"I didn't know you're hopeless romantic." James joined in teasing his captain.

He sighed, thinking he will be a target of teasing all the time now for being a good fiancé and sweet to her. God help him when the team watch the episodes every Saturday, they'll surely teased him none stop about it.

"When are you going to bring her to hang out with us?" Flower asked.

"I don't know. She's pretty busy." he answered.

"I think she's so young for you." Adams commented about the five years age difference between them.

"Hey! We're twins, which means we have the same age." Cedric butted in.

"Which also means you're not yet legal to drink." Adams fired back pointing at the beer seating beside him on the table.

"Oh! Come on, I'll be legal to drink after six months not a big deal." Cedric defended himself.

"She might be very young but she's the exact opposite of her twin." he answered smirking at Cedric.

The guys might pick on him but Cedric was always been their favorite. The banter goes on distracting the guys from the game, which he take advantage of and won the game.

After playing video games all day the guys ordered Chinese take out for dinner when they're done the guys one by one started going home.
___________

-Cassandra-

She was sitting on the loveseat at the living room of the girls' dorm with Shirley reading a book while the rest of the girls watching TV or chatting with each other. She was used to the noise, growing up with four brothers it was almost completely normal to her by now that she can blocked the noise out and solemnly concentrate reading her book. Having a very busy schedule it was rare for her to find time to read now a days, so whenever she got a time to read she never let her book get out of her gasp until she finished it.

"-Sidney to know him?" Shirley asked her but she didn't hear the entire sentence.

She placed her metal bookmark that look like a hook with dangling red, heart between the current page she was reading then close the book. "Excuse me?"

Shirley sighed, "I asked if do you think we can meet Sidney to know him." she repeated.

Cassandra shrugged her shoulders, "I don't even know yet when is the next time we will meet up but you'll meet him." she answered smiling.

Shirley linked her arms to her and placed her chin on her shoulder giving her a puppy dog eyes. "Make it sooner, pleaaaaaaaaase! We want to make sure he'll take good care of our baby girl." she begged making Cassandra laughed.

"Okay. Okay, I will." resting her head on top of Shirley's. Her phone starts vibrating on the top of the table signalling an incoming text message picking it up she open the text and read it.

Fr: Sid
How's first day of rehearsal?

Shirley squealed in delight reading the text message as well. She rolled her eyes and started texting a reply.

Fr: Cassy
It was so fun as always! ^_^

"You really need to stop over using that emoticon." Shirley commented. "Very childish and text him teasingly not as simply as that." she coached her.

"I really like that emoticon, it's so cute!" she complained standing up from the couch.

"Where are you going?"

"Up to my room." she stated getting up on the stairs to her bedroom.

Opening the door her phone vibrate again on her hand. Her bedroom walls was painted with royal blue and on the wall beside her bed was a mural of Carl's house with thousands of balloons lifting it up in the sky and next to it was a quote saying, "Believe in yourself. Whenever you are down and times are tough you need to believe that you will make it through, because you will. Believe in yourself because if you don’t then who will?" it was her mantra in life, especially the time of her shin injury. She went through two surgery in the pass three years to fixed her shin injury she just gotten healthy again and for the first time since she was sixteen she was able to complete her last to season competing.

She open the message Sidney send to her.

Fr: Sid
So what's the theme of your ice show this summer?

Fr: Cassy
You have to come to the show to find out! ;)

She cringed at the text message she just send. That sounds like a come on to her, she didn't know but she thought that she was taking Shirley's advise was not a good idea after all. Maybe she'll stick to answering his text messages like she normally do.
____________

-Sidney-

He laughed at her text message to him, was she flirting with him? It was not really good but he bet she never flirt with guys before he was not sure but he liked how she can throw things like that to him every once in a while. It make him think that she like him too as much as he like her.

Fr: Sid
I will. When and where is the start of your summer tour?

He was thinking if he should flirt back but decide to stay on a safe topic.

Fr: Cassy
It will start on July 25, the opening show will be in my hometown London, Ontario.

He looked through his schedule and finds out that around that the day after the show the Collins brothers will come home to their hometown to spend their time with the Stanley Cup and he'll be accompanying them.

Fr: Sid
Me and your brothers will come there the next day after your show. I wish I could watch the opening night.

Fr: Cassy
We will perform two nights at home. On July 28, you can come to the show!

He will stay with the Collins for four days since the brothers will each have a full day with the cup.

Fr: Sid
Okay, save me a ticket? I've heard it was already sold out.

Fr: Cassy
It was but I saved you a seat.

He smiled the entire time texting her. He was not much of a texter but he now understand why some people find it addicting. Suddenly he realized that she might not be there on his birthday because of her summer tour. It disappointed him that he will not be able to spend his time with the Stanley Cup with her.

They continue to text for a while then she just stopped texting back. Maybe she fell asleep already since it was already close to midnight. He hate that they still can't decide when will they meet again because he was already missing her as much as he wanted to admit. He can't remember anymore how it never affect him that she just come and go here in Pittsburgh to visit her brothers before. He always noticed her but never act on it being a sister of his teammates and way younger than him she was not even legal to drink yet.
____________

-Cassandra-

It was 9 o'clock in the morning and they were given a break time to rest for a while since they've been practicing almost none stop for three hours. She skated towards the boards to drink water when Jason Gallagher, a men's single figure skater and her teammate from Skate Canada skated beside her. The jet black haired Londoner lived close by the Collins compound and been her training mate since the age of four. She remember writing on her journal that she want to went to Olympic games with him and win the gold, eleven years later it came true they both won the gold medal. He was her first crush but he only thought of her as a little brother since then she grow out of it, she'd always been one of the guys growing up but when she moved to Michigan her coach thought her not just figure skating but also how to be lady like since being elegant and girly was a requirements in her sports. So over the years she slowly lost her boyishness and be came girly.

"Hey!" she called to him smiling.

"Hey yourself, Mrs. Crosby!" he teased her just like the rest of the cast did to her.

"Oh! Come on not you too!" she complained but not really annoyed by all the teasing they're like a family and teasing every now and then was part of their healthy relationship. She drunk her water then re-tied the shoelace of her skate.

He stayed there on the boards beside her the two were just quietly standing their watching the others chase after each other on the ice while some took a chair on the ice and sat down their.

"You're not being force into this, are you?" he suddenly asked her breaking their comfortable silence.

She can act like she didn't understand his question but he knows her long enough to know she was not a good liar. "At first it felt that way but honestly I'm actually enjoying it more than I expected."

He gave her a smile that made so many women tingly all over, it use to made her feel that way even she got over her crush at him but now it did nothing to her at all. It was as if a switch just suddenly turned off inside her brain. "That's good to know. I felt guilty because they asked me to do it but I turn it down. I should have known they will ask you." he said obviously relief at her answer.

"You've got nothing to worry. I'm actually glad you did." she reassured him smiling sincerely. Of course Skate Canada will asked him to participate in We Got Married, the two of them was one of the most popular and decorated figure skate in North America and the world today, it also didn't hurt that he was good looking and men figure skaters was mostly suspected gay so what was the best way to prove the idea wrong that to let him be pair up with a famous actress or model or singer on the reality TV show.

"It's totally a relief to know you're having fun at We Got Married. I wish the best for you and Sidney, just remember it's a reality show. I don't want you to be hurt in the end." after saying that he gave her a one arm hug then skated away leaving her over-thinking and over-analyzing what he said.

Didn't he know she was already fighting so hard to keep that in her head? She was not sure if she really wanted to hear those words out loud because she got enough of those on her mind. Their choreographer whistled signaling the end of their break time it was back to practice again.
______________

-Sidney-

He was in a meet and greet along with Austin, James, Kris, Geno and Sutter making the room filled with media and so many fans that was lining up to meet them. It was his second meet and greet this summer because fans tend to go crazy with him so the organization decided to always include him on a group meet and greet to gave the fans distraction.

Before the heading here he called Cassandra for the first time, he just wanted to hear her soft calm voice. It took him three calls before she finally answered. He asked her if she was busy that's why she was able to answer his first two calls.

"No, I'm not. We're having lunch and my phone is on vibrate so I didn't know you're calling until I checked the time on my phone. I'm about to call you back actually." she explained, it was noisy in the background a lot of people talking.

"There seem to be a lot of people." he commented.

"Yeah, we're in the mess hall. So, what are you doing?"

"I'm about to go to a meet and greet with some of the guys." he answered.

"Is my brothers going to be with you?"

"Austin will be there but Cedric had a different event to attend today."

"I see. Tell Austin I say 'Hi!'."

"I will. I won’t keep you from your lunch anymore. What time can I call you again?"

"Hmm… around six o'clock."

"I'll call you again later. Bye."

"Bye."

The guys busy chatting with each other probably about their video game party yesterday at James' place and thinking about having another one to beat him since he took advantage of their distraction to win.

"They're want rematch after the meet and greet. You coming?" Geno sat down next to him after talking to the guys.

"Sure, so I can kick their asses again." he replied making Geno laughed at his competitiveness.

It was fun talking and hanging out with the fans on meet and greet they're all very happy it was contagious. He was smiling the entire time but it was more on because he was excited to talk again to Cassandra after the event and as much as he was enjoying this he wants the time to pass really fast.

A cute, little boy was next in line he gave to him his small, Crosby jersey to sign.

"Hey, little man." he gave the kid a high five.

"Is the girl with you on the airport your girlfriend?" the little kid asked him innocently he was sure that the mother or sister of the kid was the one that really wanted to know. He didn't asked how the people know since everybody got a Smartphone with camera to take pictures to post to he net. He didn't know how to answer the question without revealing his participation in WGM.

Clearing his throat he gave the obvious answer, "She's Austin and Cedric's sister." he knows his answer was really low but who can blame him? he never expect such question to be asked to him today or ever.

The kid nodded his head, "She's pretty." he commented. "I like you together." he added. It made him smile the little boy was the first one to say that to him.

"Thank you. How about you, do you have a girlfriend?" he asked to change the topic because he swear he was feeling himself blush with the boy's compliment.

The boy shook his head no. "Girls are loud. I don't like them." he answered his expression went along looking disgusted by the thought of having a girlfriend.

Chuckling, "You'll change your mind when you grow up." he told the little boy.

The rest of the meet and greet was a blur to him and in the end they all headed to James' house again to play video game. Arriving, he immediately went to the kitchen for silence to call Cassandra. It was around quarter pass six when he called her.

"Hello!" she answered the phone cheerfully. He realized that on their last phone call she doesn't sound as cheerful as she always does but he quickly dismissed the thought thinking she might be tired from the rehearsal.

"Hey! You sound cheerful this noon you seem tired or something." he commented.

"Ah... Just tired I guess. I'm well rested now though." she answered suddenly her cheerfulness seem to drained.

"Are you okay?" he asked worried at her sudden mood swing.

"uhm… So how's the meet and greet went?" she asked dodging him question there was obviously something wrong. Austin told him earlier today that Cassandra's not a liar, she'll just avoid your question. She is brutally honest about things so don't ask her questions unless you know you can stand her answers.

Didn't they promise to confined to each other if the have a problem? He wanted to asked what's bothering her but decided against it thinking if it was about them he might not yet ready to hear her answer. "It was fun. There is this little boy that ask if you are my girlfriend." he told her.

"And what did you answer?"

He suddenly regret telling the story to her because his answer was idiotic. "Well, I don't know how to answer it properly so I told him that you are Austin and Cedric's sister." he explained not wanting to offend her.

He expecting an accusation or something about denying her but instead he heard her bell chime sounding laugh. "I guess that's the easiest way out, huh?"

He smiled relief that she was not offended or accusing him for anything. They talked some more about the meet and greet and about her rehearsal. She told him that on the last two days of the rehearsal will be open for media and will be followed by a press conference but before those days they'll have a one half-day practice.

The conversation took longer that he thought but he enjoy it and she seem to forget what was bothering her on the entire conversation so he think it was worth missing the first, two round of the video game with the guys when he came back to the living room. Some of the guys that was not on the meet and greet showed up as well to play so the living room was now crowded.

Enjoying the night with the guys he sat down and drink a beer not joining the video game contest just contented watching and chatting with the others that was not also playing. He received a text from her.

Fr: Cassy
Good night! :)

He laughed at her fondness of emoticons. He asked her last night why she always put emoticons on her text message she answered, "Because people some times misinterpret my sarcasm in text that they tend to believe it so to make it less serious sounding I started putting emoticons on my text. And they're cute."
________________

Side note: When I wrote this I haven't move on yet about Jordan being traded to the Canes so I still put him but now that everything seem to be working out perfectly and as much as I still felt heartbroken over the trade I'm cool with Sutter since he can name three Disney Princesses but of course he can never replace Jordan Staal though.

Next chapter Episode 5 of WGM…. ;)
♠ ♠ ♠
I told you I like comments! It made me update faster!

So, there you go the behind-the-camera chapter of what's going on with them without each other. The next chapter is Episode 5 of WGM, wonder how they will meet after not seeing each other after more than a week?

I wanted to call the Pens with their nicknames but I always slipped back to calling them to their first name because I like calling them with their first name better like coach Dan does all the time. I call Sutter with his surname because he's new to the team and I call Dupuis with his surname because his name Pascal reminds me of Rapunzel's pet in Tangled, if you know what I mean? Also Geno is the only one I call using his nickname .

Thank you! ^_^