Chanting Bloody Mary

Gerard Way

Gerard sipped his cup of coffee, his fingers shook from the urge to add Peppermint Schnapps to the liquid. He bit his tongue to the point his mouth had a metallic taste to it. The desire only lasted until he remembered why he stopped drinking.

SLURP. His tongue stung after dipping into the hot coffee.

Mathew, or Matt as he liked to be called, smiled tauntingly at Gerard. He did not realize the demons Gerard had inside him. To Matt, Gerard was just a freak. A worthless waste of space that just his face made Matt want to hurt someone. It might be the homosexual feelings Matt tried so hard to push down, or Gerard really was a weirdo. But it was for Sam.

It was the third time Gerard was treated to real coffee. For the past year he only had the cheap, nasty stuff he brewed himself. Matt choked back the urge to hit him every time Gerard slurped the coffee loudly. It was like nails to the chalkboard.

Gerard smiled back, pushing his dark sunglasses towards his face. "What are we going to do today, Mattie?" Gerard asked, chuckling at the new nickname for his friend. He honestly liked Matt's companionship. It was the first time in a long time he 'hanged out' with anyone.

Matt grinded his teeth in silence. The nickname was horrible and he just wanted Gerard to shut up. Matt lifted his cup up and pretended to toast. "I was going to ask you if you would help me shop for this party I'm having?"

Matt grinned, he knew the party was just a hoax to lure Gerard alone.

"Sure..." Gerard trailed off, his body slumped and he already wanted to go home. Even in his twenties he felt out of place. Matt stared at him but then acknowledged he didn't explain Gerard was invited.

"You are invited, so you know." Once the words left Matt's mouth Gerard grinned so big he felt his lips crack.

Within seconds Gerard dragged Matt to the nearest store. Excitement radiated from him, and it almost made Matt feel badly for tricking him, but then Matt remembered the reason.

For Sam.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm trying here. I'm supposed to have no ROMANCE in the story.