On the Run

Zayn Malik

A knock on the door woke Zayn up with a jolt as he sat up, his vision blurry from sleep. He was about to get up when he felt a hand tighten around his waist and froze. A small, familiar groan filled the room as Rory looked up at him, her blue eyes just as blurry as his. She smiled sleepily at him.

“Are you trying to leave me?” Zayn smiled as he remembered their night together, how much he’d missed the feeling of her skin against his, her kisses, her eyes, everything about her. He leaned down, kissing her softly.

“I’m never going to leave you again Rory. I’m afraid you’re stuck with me.” He whispered. The knock rang out again as Rory immediately shot up, obviously not caring about her nudity.

“Rory? Rory wake up.” Louis called out. Zayn and Rory looked at each other, both of them frantic.

“What do I do?” Zayn whispered.

“Hide!” She hissed, both of them leaping out of bed. “I’m coming Lou!” She pulled on the first shirt she saw and a pair of boxers as Zayn slid under the bed, not having time to get dressed as Rory looked around before opening the door.

“Good morning sleepy head.” He said, grinning at her. Zayn licked his lips nervously, trying to keep quiet as his naked body pressed against the disgusting carpet. “You really slept in.” Zayn heard the bed creak and assumed Louis had sat down. The raven haired boy could hear his heart thudding in his ears as he fought back the terror of being found like this, knowing Louis would kill him without the slightest hesitation. He let out a shallow breath as he felt the mattress press down onto his stomach, knowing his boss had laid down on his back.

“That’s a laugh coming from you Louie. Can Caroline even walk?” Zayn listened as Louis chuckled, something Zayn had never heard him do before.

“She can’t do anything but lie there.”

“You suck, do you know that?”

“Um, no. You’re the girl; you’re the one who’s supposed to do the sucking.” Louis pointed out and Zayn imagined grinning wickedly. He heard a small thud of what sounded like a pillow as both of them laughed.

“You’re disgusting.” Rory said, giggling. Zayn couldn’t help but smile. He loved that little giggle she had, it made him forget everything wrong about the world.

“Well speaking of sucking, have you seen Zayn? I knocked on his door but he didn’t answer.” Zayn felt his blood freeze, cursing himself for falling asleep after making love to Rory last night.

“Maybe he’s getting breakfast or something.” Rory said, her voice cool and collected. Zayn was impressed with how easily she could lie to her brother, but figured that he must have been the cause. Their entire relationship was built on lies and sneaking around. Once, just once, Zayn wanted to take her out to dinner, to hold her and not care who saw him. He wanted him and Rory to have what Louis and Caroline had. But even their secret romance was better than those long three months he couldn’t feel how perfectly she fit in his arms.

“Well that’s just it Rory.” Louis said, his voice turning into the cold one Zayn knew. “There’s not a place to get breakfast for miles and the van is still here.”

“What am I Louis, his keeper? He’s your assistant.” Rory argued. All the playfulness in the room was gone and now replaced with bitter tension. Zayn reminded himself to never get in an argument with either Tomlinson sibling, knowing they could both turn into absolute glaciers if they chose.

“I’ve seen the way you look at him though.” Louis said simply, sitting up and letting Zayn breathe again. “I’ve seen you rake your eyes all over him and I’m telling you right now it’s going to stop.”

“What, so you can protect me? I have to jump the fucking border because of you, so get off your goddamn high horse.”

“I may not be able to protect you from my job, but I’ll be damned if Zayn gets anywhere near you.”

“Why?” She asked simply. The bed creaked once more and Zayn assumed Louis had gotten up and tried to hug Rory, who had pushed him away as he heard the sound of skin being smacked. “Don’t touch me. I’m not a fucking child.”

“You might as well be Rory.” Louis growled. “Because like it or not I’m all you’ve got left and I’m not letting that animal and his filthy cock anywhere near you.” Zayn felt his jaw clench at that, wanting to punch Louis for speaking to Rory like that, but he held back, knowing that he would have to bide his time.

“Get out Louis.” She snapped, walking over and throwing the door open. “If you’re just going to lecture me after I saved your ass then just get out.”

“Fine.” He hissed, going over to the door, but then his footsteps suddenly stopped. There was a long silence and Zayn was terrified somehow Louis had seen him before his boss’ voice finally broke the silence. “Who’s shirt it that?” Zayn felt his eyes fly open as he realized Rory must have accidently grabbed his shirt instead of her own. The room was quiet again for a long time. “Rory.” Louis pressed.

“Zayn gave it to me.” She said simpy.

Fuck. He thought, knowing that this was all over. He started wondering how Louis was going to kill him before Rory continued. “When I went to let him off the watch duty last night I said something about losing my old shirt like this and he just gave it to me.”

“Why?”

“He said something about it being the least he could do for me breaking you guys out. At least someone is grateful. Not get out of my room.” With that the door slammed shut and Zayn heard the lock click before Rory’s hand met his, helping him out from under the bed.

“Nice save.” He mouthed, not wanting Louis to hear him in case he was outside.

“Thank you.” She mouthed back. She then looked at the dust all over his body and walked him into the bathroom, turning on the hot water. She looked back out to her room before shutting the door, looking back to Zayn. “Christ that was close.” She whispered, running one of her hands through her hair.

“No kidding.” He muttered. His eyes then moved back to hers, getting lost in the sky blue for a moment before he spoke again. “Maybe I should go.” But Rory simply shook her head.

“If you just happen to pop up right after Louis came in he’ll know something’s up.” Zayn smiled slowly before pulling her into his arms and crashing his lips to hers. He was about to pull away when she grabbed his neck, keeping their lips together until both their lungs were screaming for air. As she pulled back she simply smiled. “You taste like dust.”

“I don’t even want to think about what else is under that mattress.” He said, scrunching up his face. His eyes then fell to hers again as he smiled, nodding to the shower behind him. “Want to take one with me? Might be a little less conspicuous.” She chuckled.

“Such sound reasoning Mr. Malik.” She joked. “I guess I have no choice.” He simply chuckled, reaching over and pulling his shirt off over her head and sliding down her boxers. As he pulled her into the shower with him his eyes stayed locked on hers, not moving to her exposed skin for a moment as he just gazed into her eyes.

“Rory.” He said, nervously licking his lips. “Can I tell you something?” She pressed her lips together, swallowing nervously as he looked at her.

“Of course.” She whispered. He paused again, his gaze moving to his feet before meeting hers again.

“I love you.” He whispered, looking at her. “And no matter what happens, I always will.” Her eyes flew open and Zayn was terrified that he might have just ruined everything, that she would never want to speak to him again because he had to confess this to her. He had to give away his secret. But before he could apologize she slowly stood up on her toes and pressed her lips gently to his. Pulling back she smiled at him, tears in her bright blue eyes.

“I love you too Zayn.” She whispered, hugging him tightly and not caring that he was covered in dust and whatever else was on the floor of the sleazy motel room. “And I don’t care what Louis says, you’re not a bad person.” He swallowed nervously, gripping her to him and burying his face in her now damp hair.

“I’m only not a bad person because I have you.” He whispered. “You keep me human Rory.” Even with the hot water rolling down his body he could feel her tears as they hit his chest and pulled back, looking at her and kissing the top of her head.

“Zayn.” She finally whispered. “I’m scared. What if Louis finds out? What if he really does kill you?” He sighed, holding her close again and closing his eyes.

“He won’t.” He said simply. But even though Zayn knew he couldn’t promise her brother wouldn’t find out about them, he knew he could promise himself one thing. No matter who came for them, the Viche, Tomlinson, anyone, he was never going to let anyone take Rory from him ever again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashlee again!
What will happen if Louis finds out?
Will they safely cross the border?
what do you think?