On the Run

Louis Tomlinson

Louis let out a short, frustrated huff as he made his way back into his and Caroline’s room, not believing how rude Rory was acting. Caroline immediately caught on and walked over. “Louis?” She asked, looking into his now stormy blue eyes. “Louis what’s wrong?”

“If Rory was doing something behind my back, you’d tell me right?” He asked, suddenly, looking into her eyes.

“Of course I would.” She promised, reaching up and running one of her hands through his feathery hair.

“Then tell me, has she said anything about Zayn?” He pressed, taking her hand and lacing her fingers together with his. She simply shrugged before looking back up at him.

“No. She thinks he’s cute but she knows you’ll kill him if anything happens between them.” He let out another angry huff, moving away from her and sitting on the bed. “Why? Did she say something?”

“No I just…” He stopped, pressing his lips together. “She’s hiding something, and I guess along with the fact I haven’t been able to find Zayn I’m thinking he has something to do with it.”

“Well you were in her room, right?”

“Yes.” He answered simply, wondering where Caroline might be going with this.

“Did you see him?”

“No but…”

“Then forget about it.” She cooed, reaching out and starting to rub his shoulders. “You’re tense, we all are. But the last thing we need is you beating Zayn to death with a lamp.”

“Please.” He muttered darkly. “If he got anywhere near Rory I’d strangle him with his own organs.” Caroline froze, having never seen Louis like this before. Finally she moved again, her thumbs rubbing out the knots along his spine.

“Why are you so determined to keep Zayn away from her anyway? She’s neck deep in this now, we all are.” Caroline asked simply, keeping her eyes on the sliver she could see of Louis’ face for a reaction.

“Because.” He said simply. “I know what kind of man he is, the same kind of man I was before you. I know all he wants is to get in her pants and then he’ll break her heart. That’s not happening to her.”

“Well.” She whispered, leaning over to whisper into his ear as her hands moved lower on his back. “I changed you, maybe she would change him.” Louis simply shook his head, closing his eyes and loving the way Caroline’s hand’s felt against his skin.

“It’s too late for him now.” Louis said simply. “He’s become one of the hardened, emotionless types and all he would do to Rory is destroy her.”

“You don’t know that.” Caroline said softly, almost as if she didn’t mean for Louis to hear her, but he did. He turned back to her, his eyes catching hers as he saw something flash in them. She knew something, and it was going to drive Louis mad.

“Why are you so sure about that?” He asked simply.

“Look, let’s just not talk about it anymore, okay? Please Lou?” He sighed, looking back as her hands slipped forward to wrap around his stomach, he shuddered, remembering the night they’d spent together as she started to gently kiss his neck. Then his eyes narrowed as he looked at her.

“Why do you keep trying to distract me?” He asked simply.

“I’m not distracting-”

“Yes you are.” He said simply, pulling away from her. “Last night when I went to check on Zayn and then right now you’re trying to change the subject and make me forget about it. Not what do you know?”

“Louis, you’re being paranoid.” She said simply, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Like Hell I am!” He snapped. “So you’re telling me that if I go over there, right now, Zayn is not going to be fucking my little sister?”

“No, he’s not Louis.” Caroline said simply.

“Well, let’s go find out.” With that he stood, moving towards the door as Caroline stayed on the bed. He turned back, raising his eyebrows at her. “Well come on then, if there’s nothing to be embarrassed about let’s go.”

“Louis… why can’t you just stay here with me?” She asked, getting up and pressing her face into his chest. “I just want to see you.” He sighed as she looked up at him, silently begging him not to go, but there was something inside of him that knew she was trying to distract him again. He turned back and was just about to open the door when a knock beat him to it.

He pulled the door open to see Zayn standing there, a cigarette dangling from his lips. “Rory said you were looking for me.” He greeted simply.

“As a matter of fact I was. Where the fuck have you been?” Louis demanded. He couldn’t stop the mental images of this jerk seducing Rory, and he’d be damned if he let that happen.

“Sorry, the girls didn’t pack me any cigarettes so I went and bummed one off the maids.” He said simply, taking a long drag before turning his head and blowing the smoke out of his mouth.

“Why didn’t you tell anyone?” Zayn shrugged.

“I figured I’d be back before anyone missed me. Judging by the racket you two were making last night I thought you’d be out until at least noon.” Louis and Caroline both blushed, which simply caused Zayn to smirk. “I’m surprised you can even walk actually.” He continued, his gaze turning to Caroline. “Looks like Louis isn’t as much of a killer in the sack huh?” Louis’ jaw clenched as he shoved Zayn outside and closed the door so the two men were alone.

“Don’t talk to her like that.” Louis snapped.

“Like what?” Zayn asked, smirking slightly. “You said I could never so much as look at Rory, but you never breathed a word about Caroline.” With that he took another long drag, blowing the smoke to the sky. “I mean, you can’t just horde beautiful women.”

“Rory is my sister.” Louis spat. Zayn continued to look at him, blinking.

“And?” He finally asked, waiting for Louis to continue.”

“And like I told you when we started working together, you so much as think about touching her and I’ll kill you.” He snapped. “And what’s this about you giving her your shirt last night?” Zayn simply shrugged.

“She made some comment as we were switching for the watch about how she used to have one like it that she loved sleeping in. So I figured since she helped save my ass the least I could do was give her a shirt.”

“And I’m sure you gave her a nice view of your chest while you were at it.” Louis growled, his eyes narrowed into slits. But Zayn simply shook his head.

“I had a jacket; I just zipped that up after I gave her my shirt.” He then stopped, narrowing his eyes at Louis. “What, do you think I fucked her or something?”

“You seem more than willing to.” Louis muttered, but Zayn simply scoffed.

“Trust me, I’m not in the big of a rush to sleep with the female version of my boss.” He then took another long drag from his cigarette before tossing it to the ground and stamping it out with his foot. “So how soon does Harry think we can get out of here?” He asked, looking back up at Louis.

“The end of the week if we pay his connection ten grand.”

“Jesus.” Zayn muttered.

“It’s all right. I left the girls at least twenty before I was arrested in case anything should happen.” He said simply, looking back at Zayn. “But no matter where we are he’ll find us.”

“As long as we have Gianna.” Zayn finished darkly. Louis simply nodded, both of them knowing Enzo’s daughter had put a massive target on their backs. “What do you think about the other one? Ann?” Louis simply shrugged.

“She helped the girls get us out, so she’s alright in my book. I just am curious about her motives.” Zayn simply smirked. “What?”

“Well last night when I went to tell Liam his shift was over and it sounded as if I might have broken something up.” He said, grinning wickedly. “Shame too, I was totally going to go for her.”

“I’m starting to think you’d go for anything with tits.” Louis teased, cocking an eyebrow at Zayn. Zayn simply shrugged again.

“I’m not picky.” He simply stated.

“Well once we’re over the border I’m sure there will be plenty of women hopping into your pants.” Louis promised.

“Let’s hope so.” Zayn agreed. They both stood there for a moment longer before Zayn asked the question they both were thinking. “What are we going to do if Enzo finds us?”

“He’s not going to find us.” Louis said simply. “Because once we cross the border, I think it’d be best if we split up.”

“So only a couple of us would be completely fucked.” Zayn said simply.

“Well, I was thinking me, Caroline and Rory will obviously stay together, and then maybe you and Harry, Liam and Ann, and Niall doesn’t seem to be too willing to leave Gianna on her own-”

“Enzo would kill him.” Zayn interrupted. “We both know it.” Louis simply sighed, biting his lower lip.

“Maybe we could just leave her with one of his cartel allies in exchange for him letting us go.” But Zayn simply shook his head again.

“He’ll never let us go. The moment Gianna came along, we were fucked.” With that Zayn turned around, making his way back to his room and leaving Louis alone. He sighed, turning back to see Caroline when something hit him.

Zayn said he’d given Rory his shirt when she’d let him off guard duty, so why would he go tell Liam it was his turn? He looked to see if Zayn was still outside, but the raven haired boy had vanished, leaving Louis alone with his questions. Finally he just slowly shook his head.

Someone was lying to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ashlee again!
Uh oh, Louis is getting suspicious!
What will happen next?
With they just abandon Gianna?
What do you think?