On the Run

Liam Payne

Liam picked up his bag while his eyes found Ann waiting by the door. He wasn’t sure what to think of the sight, but he decided to just move past her and let her follow him to Louis’ room. Louis it seemed had become the leader and even though Liam didn’t like it, he was glad he didn’t have the responsibility. He didn’t like the idea of taking the blame if this whole thing went wrong and he was relieved that if something horrible did occur, Louis would be to blame.

“Not going to say anything?” Ann said as they got a foot away from the door.

“What am I supposed to say?”

“I don’t know, but it would be nice to hear something other than, ‘Get your bags’,” she replied.

“Well that’s all I have. Sorry it’s not what you wanted to hear.”

Ann sighed, but Liam knew she’d given up. He didn’t want to talk he just wanted to get on the road and into Mexico. He wanted to grow out a beard and change his name and just disappear while he waited for an opportunity to kill Enzo. Still, they had to make a stop to get the money. That was going to be the most dangerous part of the trip and Liam wasn’t so sure it was worth it.

“So are we heading to Mexico?” the girl asked after the bit of silence.

“Yeah, but we have to stop to get the payment first,” Liam replied, barely glancing back at her. But when he saw her eyes all he could think of was the previous night and how she had gotten him to lower his guard so easily.

“Are you boys stupid?” She snapped her blue eyes glaring at him intensely.

“Excuse me?”

“You can’t go near that city. Enzo has eyes everywhere. You should have us girls go get the money, or hell pull a bank job the right way,” she said a hand on her hip as she stopped. “It’s foolish to have you five anywhere near Enzo.”

“Well, we’ll be in the van and send you ladies up to grab the money while we stay out of sight. At least I suppose that’s what Louis has planned, you’ll have to talk to him,” Liam replied as he looked away from the girl and started walking again. “I’m not the one in charge here.”

“No, you aren’t,” the girl agreed. “But what would you do if you were?”

“I’d kill Enzo.”

“That’s what I plan to do.”

Liam’s head snapped around to the girl in an instant. “What?”

“That man is worse than scum,” she replied her blue eyes searing with her hatred of the man. “And one day I want to see him dead with a bullet between his eyes or maybe something a little more torturous.”

“What did he do to you that makes you want to kill him so much?”

“He forced me to work for him,” she replied shifting her bag from one arm to another as Liam looked at her through thin eyes. “And I don’t like being made to do anything.”

“What are you?” Liam asked suddenly not so sure what to think of the petite beauty before him. She seemed fairly harmless in stature, but the fierceness she held was just as he thought. He couldn’t trust her, but he knew she would be helpful.

“I’m just girl with a death wish.”

The girl pushed passed him easily to get to Louis room where she disappeared to find the boy in charge. Liam couldn’t help watching the way her hips swayed as she walked and as soon as she was gone from sight he shook his head. He was letting her get to him and it was a dangerous, costly move that he didn’t want to make. Heading down the stairs he tossed his bag in the vehicle. It was the last thing he needed to do to be ready to go.

Now it was just waiting for the boys and Liam Payne was never known for having an abundance of patience, though he figured he’d have just enough to keep himself occupied while he waited. His foot tapped the gravel of the parking lot as he watched a few of his fellow travelers come down to toss bags into the van and for just a moment he wondered if only he and Ann had a common goal in killing Enzo Mazetti. The others just seemed concerned with disappearing. If it were up to him though, Liam would have started planning his assassination of Mr. Mazetti as soon as they’d found the motel. But it wasn’t up to him and now he was headed back to the city to get the payment money so they could head to Mexico, where the gangs were infamous for cutting off their enemy’s heads and Liam had a lot of enemies. It was at that moment that he realized a Mexico trip might be what saved him or killed him, but with a little hope, he’d rather be saved from a death at the hands of Enzo than stay and fall to the coward that sat behind a desk having others do his dirty work.

Finally after his wait, he saw Louis walking down to the van, bag in hand, with Ann talking to him in hushed tones. It seemed the girl was determined and that was a quality that Liam liked in his allies. If that was what she was. As the two tossed their bags into the van and everyone got in, Liam started forming a plot to kill Enzo Mazetti once he’d disappeared for a sufficient amount of time and as his brain turned its gears he found that Ann would be a very nice pawn in the game. She could be his ticket to killing the man that sent him to prison. She could be his ticket to finally being free of Enzo Mazetti’s chains and for just the tiny second he thanked whatever higher power had sent her to him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally here. Sorry for the wait.