On the Run

Louis Tomlinson

Louis had one hand wrapped around Caroline and the other clutching tightly onto their fake passports. He knew he was walking through the airport just a little too quickly but he wanted to get out of the country as quickly as possible.

Following Harry’s suggestion, he had gotten the earliest flight to Milan he could get and after one more night of sleeping at a dingy hotel, the two of them were at the airport and more than ready to get the hell out of dodge.

Louis could tell that Caroline was just as nervous as he was. Her hand was pounding against his and he could feel the beads of sweat clinging onto her palm. All he wanted was to make things better for her after all he’d done and he hoped that this would finally be his opportunity to do so.

As the two of them walked across the airport, Louis felt like a twelve ton truck was collapsing his chest and thought he might pass out from not being able to breath. His profession had made him used to dodgy situations like that one, but now Caroline was with him and there was more at stake than just his life.

If anything happened to her, he didn’t know what he would do with himself.

When the two of them reached their terminal with half an hour to spare until boarding, Louis became even more nervous. It wasn’t much time, but it was enough time for something to happen that would keep him and Caroline from their escape.

“I’ve gotta use the restroom,” Caroline said, squeezing tighter onto his hand.

Louis bit his lip. “Can it wait?”

Caroline shook her head quickly and Louis let out a nervous sigh. He didn’t want to leave her side, not even for a second. He’d be damned if he sent her to the bathroom only to have her taken away from him again.

“Alright,” he said, nodding his head. “Let’s go then.”

His hand still wrapped gently around hers, the two of them walked toward the restroom, with Louis waiting right outside the door. He knew Caroline hated when he could her head pee, but it was just something that she was going to have to deal with.

After only a few moments, Louis grew tired of waiting and tapped his fist against the door. “You done yet, babe?”

A few seconds passed and he got no answer. Louis felt his heart drop in his chest and he swore it was the worst feeling in the world. Just the thought of letting Caroline, the girl who he loved more than anyone else, slip out his grasp made his whole body shake. He’d never, ever forgive himself.

Without a moment more, he slammed his entire body against the door, shoving it open with all his weight. He swore that he’d kill whoever was in there and he’d make them pay for whatever had happened.

Louis nearly though a punch at the figure he found standing in front of him before recognizing Caroline’s soft blonde hair. She was standing in front of the mirror, putting on a new coat of lipstick, and looked at him through the reflection.

“Lou?” she said, whipping her body around to face him. “Is everything alright?”

Before he could even think about answering, he raced towards her, scooping her up in his arms. He held her body against his as tightly as he could while she smiled into his neck.

“Everything’s alright, yeah?”

Louis nodded his head quickly, the biggest grin falling to his face. “Everything’s alright, baby. Everything’s just fine.”

Caroline chuckled, wrapping her arms more tightly around his neck. “Good. You had me worried there for a second.”

Pressing a sweet kiss against her lips, Louis let Caroline slip back to the floor, wrapping his hand around hers again.

“Let’s get out of here before someone comes in,” Louis said, pulling Caroline out of the restroom. He wasn’t about to leave her alone again, and honestly he just wanted to be on that plane and headed to Milan.

When they stepped outside, he felt his disposable phone vibrate in his pocket, and for the second time that day his heart dropped. Only one person had that number: Rory.

His hands shaking like before, he slowly pulled the phone out, fearful of what his eyes would be met with. He popped open the flip screen and nearly dropped his phone to the ground. An image of Rory filled the screen, tears in her eyes and her hands tied behind her back. She looked so scared and Louis couldn’t believe he’d been dumb enough to think that Zayn could actually protect his sister the way he could.

Honestly, he wasn’t sure who he was going to kill first.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no ):
Louis is such a good brother though.