On the Run

Niall Horan

Niall and Gianna sat in their small motel room, each of them on opposite beds, waiting for the hour to pass. They had both gotten tickets to the ferry that would take them to a small island, and now they just had to wait until they’d be able to board.

Both of them sat with their eyes on the ceiling, neither of the sure what to do to kill the time. All Niall wanted was to talk to Gianna about anything really, but he had no idea what to say to her. He could tell that she was still hurt about having to run away from her father and a part of him thought that she needed the time to just think.

“Do you think we’re going to make it?” Gianna asked, interrupting the silence.

Niall sat up from the bed immediately, looking over at her while her eyes still focused above her. He was surprised that she had asked such a question, and he wasn’t sure that he was really in the position to answer. He had no clue what was going to happen or if they’d make it out alive, but he wasn’t going to tell Gianna that.

Taking a deep breath, he kept his eyes on her while he nodded his head. “Everything’s going to be alright. Your father would never hurt you. You know that.”

“It’s not me that I’m worried about,” Gianna said, looking over at him for the first time. Her eyes looked soft but terrified, and he wished he had the power to make that fear go away.

“Everything’s going to be fine,” he said again, nodding his head. “The boat leaves in an hour. I’ll get out of here before he ever has a chance to find me.”

Gianna let out a sigh, but nodded her head, and he wondered if she believed him. Her eyes fell shut and she began taking soft, deep breaths. Niall knew he hadn’t done as much as he wanted to comfort her, and he let out a soft sigh of his own.

It was only then that his small, disposable phone began to ring, and he answered it immediately. Gianna’s eyes were on him the whole time he spoke, and it was obvious that she was just as curious as he was.
“Hello?” Niall said, his voice moving shakily through the phone.

“Niall?” the voice called back. “This is Louis. Something’s gone wrong. I need your help.”

Niall could feel a lump forming in his throat, because that last thing he wanted was to be caught up in everything again. Honestly, he couldn’t think of anything more terrifying than the prospect of being wrapped up in all of the danger again.

“What is it?” Niall forced himself to ask, looking at Gianna as he spoke. He could tell that she way dying to know who he was talking to and what exactly the conversation was about.

“It’s Rory,” Louis said, letting out a pained sigh. “They’ve got her. Enzo and his men have got her.”

Niall’s eyes widened at his words, causing Gianna to shift in her seat. He looked over at the beautiful girl in front of him, and realized how difficult this decision was going to be. Louis had helped him so much and Niall felt as if he owed him for that, but at the same time, helping Louis was going to put both him in and Gianna in danger.

He knew what Gianna would want to do though, because she felt so much responsibility for everything that happened. She would jump at the chance to make sure everyone was safe again.

Letting out a deep breath, Niall shut his eyes, his hands shaking against the phone.

“What can we do to help?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh, shit is going down!