On the Run

Louis Tomlinson

Her head was lying gently against the pillow, with her hair in a blonde mess around it. Every few seconds her eyes would flutter shut before quickly opening again. She was tired, and so was he, but neither one of them wanted to go to sleep.

His hand moved to her face, taking his thumb to her cheek. It rubbed against her soft skin back and forth, over and over, while his other hand was gripped tightly around her hip. He refused to move himself away from her, fearful that she might disappear if he did. He’d almost lost her once and he wasn’t going to let it happen again.

Moving his hand upward, he placed it on the small of her back, rubbing in small circles just the way she liked. He swore he could almost feel her melt against him. With every touch of his hands against her skin, she fell a little deeper into him.

The hand he had placed on her cheek moved to hers, as he felt her soft fingers against his. She had the softest hands in the world and he longed to feel them on every part of his body. He pulled her hand forward, until his fingers were against his lips, and he placed a gentle kiss on each of them. The tips of her fingers felt so warm, and she giggled every time his lips fell over them.

After he had drowned her hand in kisses he dropped his head to the pillow, shoving it in the place directly next to hers. Her soft, curly hair tickled his nose, as the small of vanilla filled the air. Even after all the time they’d been separated, she still hadn’t stopped using his favorite shampoo.

With his lips against her ear and his hand around her waist, he pulled her closer to him, until the curve of her body was placed perfectly against his. Her perfect hips pressed against his stomach and his thoughts flooded with images of them moving against him. He didn’t know what he wanted more: to hold her until every bad thought became a distant memory, or to fuck her until he couldn’t think of anything else.

His warm breath fell against her ear as he spoke, his voice just barely above a whisper. “I love you, Caroline.”

Her head turned, pulling the smell of her vanilla hair away from him. Those soft lips were just inches away from his, as the tips of their noses touched.

“I love you, Louis. Don’t ever leave us again.”

Her sweet voice cracked at the end, letting out the pain she hadn’t quite allowed him to see. He hated hearing that and hated knowing that he’d broken her innocence. He wanted her to be back in that bubble – the one he’d kept her in back home – because things didn’t hurt there. Back then, she knew no pain, but now she was wrapped up in it.

He wanted to promise her that he wouldn’t leave, but he knew it would be just another lie that he told. He couldn’t promise her that. As much as we wanted to, he couldn’t. He couldn’t promise that the Viche wouldn’t come through that door at any second and rip them apart again.

It was just another promise – along with the one about keeping her safe – that he may one day break. Just like when he’d promised to keep her safe, when the words fell from his lips, he hoped that it would be true.

“I won’t, baby.” His eyes were locked with hers as he spoke, taking her back to his apartment in the city. “I won’t let anything take you away from me again.”

Her teeth grazed against her lips, as he pulled her closer to him. He wanted her to be against him again, with every part of her pressed safely against him. When her head was buried in his chest, he finally felt content and his lips fell to her ear.

“I’m going to keep you safe.” The words fell in a whisper. “You and Rory both. I’m never letting you out of my sight again.”

Her body felt so heavenly against his and he never wanted to pull away from her. He never had before, but now the feeling was only intensified. It felt like if he let go of her for even a moment, he would lose her.

“I’m going to go do a round real fast. I wannna make sure Zayn’s holding everything down all right.”

Caroline squirmed beneath him, pushing herself tighter into his chest. Her words were muffled against his bare skin, but he’d learned how to decipher those words long ago.

“You don’t need to do that. He knows what he’s doing.”

Louis’s hand moved to Caroline’s hair, pulling at it gently.

“I just want to make sure he’s keeping my girls safe.”

Caroline smiled against his chest, as she buried herself deeper into it.

“I can promise you he’s doing that.”

Louis chuckled, completely unaware of the joke Caroline had made.

“I’ll be right back, baby. I promise.”

The moment Louis moved, Caroline’s arms gripped onto him more tightly. He was barely able to shift an inch against the girl’s body. A smile fell to his lips, as he enjoyed the feeling of her pushing herself against him.

“Please don’t leave me, Lou. Please don’t.”

Her head was nuzzled against his neck, causing her warm breath to fall to his skin. It caused his body to shudder, as thoughts of her coursed through every nerve ending in his body. His mind had grown so accustomed to the feeling of Caroline that it craved her, and he knew he wouldn’t be able to pull away. As long as she needed him there, he wasn’t about to leave.

Zayn was a good man, and Louis knew he’d made the right decision when he put him on watch. He trusted Zayn with his life, and he knew he could trust him to keep the girls safe.

When Caroline’s hands moved against his chest, every thought left his body. It was only him and her, and they were back together in his apartment. She was laying against his bed, her body covered only by his sheets. Her soft hand moved lower and lower, as she took him back to all those moments before.

Those sweet hands still felt just as soft as when he’d left them, just three months before, and he was thankful that he had her to be a constant gentle figure in his life. Caroline, along with Rory, kept him soft. When so many other men like him hardened, he still had the weak spot in his chest that those two beautiful girls took ahold of. They kept him human, and he was more thankful for that than anything else.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's Katie again(:
Louis is such a lovely boy.
I crave him.