Status: I am free to write again. Got caught up in all my classes!

Cage of Roses

Rose twenty - two

I wasn't disappointed to leave the city the next morning. There were more magical creatures in the cities then in the country or towns. This was due to the fact that the city had more open "spaces" available then other places. Still I made sure that I ducked the three groups (the reward had gone up last night) that followed me before getting on the train the next morning. My raven (he still refused to answer to any names that I gave him) settled in my lap as the train slowly pulled away from the station. I was one of six passengers who were actually awake enough to grab a seat on the early train.

"This sucks." I muttered my gaze locked on the scenery.

"Excuse me is this seat taken?" A small voice asked.

I turned and saw a little girl smiling up at me. I shook my head and she hoisted herself onto the set next to mine. After a moment I turned back to window she would leave eventually.

An hour later I turned away and saw she was still sitting in the seat swinging her legs since they didn't touch the floor. When she saw I was looking at her she smiled.

"My name's Maria." She pointed a thumb at herself then giggled.

"Maliina. Nice to meet you." I said a little confused. Kids had never really liked me before.

"That's a silly name!' She giggled again and I found myself smiling.

"So where's your mom?"

"She said I could wander around for a bit since there are no other kids my age on the train." She pouted slightly and I felt bad though I shouldn't have.

"Well do you want to play with me? I know some fun games!" She smiled at this and i felt better.

We played a few hand games that I'd come up with when I was little. Then she towed me around the train (Mr, Grumpy pants stayed behind to sleep) until she got tired. We were sitting back in the train car talking in riddles when i looked at the time schedule.

"Oh it looks like my stop is next." I murmured out loud.

"You have to go?"

"Yeah but when I come back we'll play again I promise!"

I held out my pinky and she hooked hers around it. She had looked like she was going to start crying when I'd said that I was going to leave but now she smiled. When I got off at the stop she waved at me from the window until I couldn't see the train anymore. Smiling I turned and started walking. The town was still a mile away and I did not want to be caught out in the open at night.
♠ ♠ ♠
I swear this scene and the one before are relevant to the story okay?