Status: Okay, every single chapter of this story is a complete oneshot. Spur of the moment thing, don't know where it's going! Enjoy, leave comments if you like :) Flames are for toasting marshmallows.

Nevermore

Mystery

Loki and Livia rode back to the castle in silence.
She rebuffed his attempts as conversation, answering his polite queries about her arrival with monosyllabic answers and contemptuous looks. She was beautiful, alright, but as cold as ice. Some errant part of his mind compared her with a Frost Giant, before the logic of his controlled thoughts quelled the silly notion.
Livia’s demeanour didn’t bother Loki, as long as her treatment of him was matched by her attitude towards Thor. That, however, remained to be seen.
“We near the palace, Lady Dark,” he said, after some time of silence. The mysterious arrival shot him a weary glance. “I can see that,” she snapped. “I possess eyes, you know. Dear Odin, I’d forgotten how dim Asgardians can be when the fancy takes them.”
Loki sucked in breath. To take the Allfather’s name in vain in the heart of his city, and in the presence of his son? Such a thing was unheard of, meriting punishments unthinkable!
Livia did not fail to notice his expression. “Don’t get your bloomers in a twist, princess,” she laughed. “Old Odin can’t afford to punish me, and don’t even try any of your little tricks on me. That’s right –” she grinned at his astonishment, -“I know about your magic, little sorcerer. Don’t try to get anything past me, it doesn’t work.”
She seemed to be opening up a little, the frost melting from her manners as they reached the palace gate. Unfortunately, it seemed to be replacing itself with a tongue like a whip.
“You are very forward, my Lady, and possessed of knowledge you should not know,” Loki said stiffly, refraining from offering her a hand in dismounting. If he had, he did not doubt she would refute him as rudely as she had the first time.
Livia smirked. “So I’ve heard,” she said wryly, lithely sliding off her horse. She didn’t ride side-saddle, as a lady should, but more like a warrior. It befitted her garb, at least.
There was much about her that reminded Loki of Sif, except that he had never liked Sif.
“I...I’ll find a servant to show you to a guest room,” he said, trying to move onto a different subject. Livia shot him an amused glance. “No need,” she said airily. “The west tower, third floor, six rooms down on the left. That’s the most convenient guest room.”
Loki was taken aback, but quickly covered it. “You have stayed in the palace before?” he said politely, though he was puzzled as to how he wouldn’t remember her.
Livia’s smile was secretive, and enough to make him go weak at the knees. “Nope,” she grinned, and sauntered away, leaving the Asgardian prince in equal measures of confusion and entrancement.