Status: Let's try a story

Every Time I Look

Diamonds in Our Sky

Six pm.

I exited the plane in a hurry. Matt was waiting for me. I hugged him before we left.
I was shaking by the time we entered the hospital.
All his bandmates from both bands were waiting in the small waiting room. I waved to everyone then slowly walked to Craig's room. Matt told the nurse I was Craig's wife. Twice that word was said. I smiled and showed her the heart ring on my finger.
(A gift from Craig that I was thankful for)
He was laying in the bed. Pale and thin. I died more than a little inside.
He smiled at me and sat up. I sat on the edge of the bed,held his cold hand. Deep breathes.
"Tea," he whispered."I thought you had finals."
"You needed me,babe." I told him . He squeezed my hand.
"I'm sorry that you have to see me like this. I never intended to hurt her." He explained . I kissed his cheek.
Please don't cry.
I just nodded.
"The nurse said you can leave tomorrow morning." I said with some hope.
He looked down at my hands.
" Will you pick me up ? We can get breakfast."
I nodded. " and talk."
He nodded. I hugged him then cuddled with him under the covers.
"I'll never do this again." He whispered in my ear.
"Good. I have a hundred reasons why,husband." I giggled.
God. He was so fragile that night. I never want to see him this way again. I will tell him everything tomorrow.