Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

09.

“Perfect.”

I swished lip gloss onto my lips and nodded at my reflection, satisfied with what I saw.

“Ready?” I saw Damon standing in the doorway, hands in his pockets. I turned to face him and nodded in affirmation. He extended his hand, and I took it, excited. He kissed my temple as we walked down the hall.

“Excited for our third date Ms. Fitzwilliam?” he murmured in my ear. I nodded again.

“I am, Mr. Salvatore. I hope you’re a good dancer.”

“I guess you’ll have to wait to find out.”

We rounded the corner to find Elena and Stefan waiting in the foyer.

“Ready?”

We both nodded and the four of us headed out the door. Damon helped me into the car, came around the other side and slid in next to me. My rested my head on his shoulder as his thumb traced circles on my thigh. I stilled his hand with my own, interlocking our fingers together.

“I think I’m falling in love with you,” he breathed into my ear. A smile spread on my face. I lifted my face to his and kissed him, long and slow.

When we pulled up to a nightclub, I jumped out, eager to get the night started. I grabbed Damon’s hand and pulled him into the club and onto the floor. I immediately began grinding my hips into his, his hands going automatically to my hips. My hands wove themselves into his hair, his mouth on my neck.

He stepped even closer to me, pulling my hips to him. I flipped around to face him and his lips caught mine in a heated kiss, our hips moving the whole time. His hands stayed on my hips as I tossed my hair back, enjoying the closeness with Damon. Although this was technically only our third date, I felt closer than ever to him. I knew that there was the very real possibility that I was falling in love with him, too.

----

I sat at the bar, exhausted and thirsty. Damon came up behind me, his chin resting on my shoulder, arms wrapped around my own.

“What are you going to get?” he purred. I spun around to face him.

“Anything you want.”

He stepped up to the bar, pulling out his wallet as the bar-tender stepped up to help him.

“Bourbon, and anything this beautiful lady would like.”

“I’ll have the same.”

I sat in comfortable silence, my head on Damon’s shoulder once more, still facing the dance floor. I couldn’t find Stefan or Elena in the crowd.

“Where’s Stefan?” I murmured quietly, knowing that he could hear me anyway.

“Probably out back ravishing Elena,” came the sarcastic reply. I laughed and turned to face the bar to find our drinks waiting for us. I took a sip and savored the cold liquid as it slid down my throat, leaving a path of warmth in its wake.

----

We eventually found Stefan and Elena and headed out. It was late and I was exhausted. I was half conscious on Damon’s shoulder, his arm hugging me to him, his hand stroking my arm.

I felt the car stop and heard Elena and Stefan get out; I assumed he was dropping her off at her house. When the door slammed and the car started again, I thought we were going straight to the Salvatore house, but Stefan made one more stop.

“Sit with her. I’ll go grab her stuff,” Damon whispered. They tried to switch places smoothly, and I heard Damon walk up to my house. Stefan’s arm replaced Damon’s making me feel secure and safe.
I heard Damon open the car door and the brothers switched again. I moved closer to Damon, his warmth radiating into my body. I shivered a little and his jacket landed around my shoulders. I could smell his cologne and contentment washed over me as we drove to their home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been so long. Writer's block is the worst.

xo