Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

04.

We pulled up to a swanky restaurant, valet parking out front. He stepped out and came around to open my door, the perfect gentleman. He helped me out and gave his keys to the valet, leading me to the entrance.

“Reservation for two, Salvatore.”

The host nodded and brought us to our seats in a romantic little alcove, sheltered from the rest of the restaurant. I noticed other little areas like ours lined the perimeter of the restaurant. Fragrant smells were coming from the kitchen making my mouth water.

“Enjoy.”

He walked away and I began to relax a bit, eager to get to know Damon more. I looked across the table to find him staring at me, his eyes smoldering and a smirk on his lips.

“What?”

“Nothing. Just noticing how beautiful you look tonight.”

“You’re sure full of complements for a man I’ve just met,” I replied cheekily, a grin on my face.

“It shouldn’t be that weird, I mean, my brother is dating your friend! What is so crazy about us doing the same?” he questioned. I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

“You’re just trying to make me feel more comfortable about the fact that I’m on a date with my best friend’s boyfriend’s brother.”

“It’s working though, isn’t it?” was his response. I rolled my eyes once more but grudgingly nodded. I heard him chuckle which caused my focus to be pulled to him once more. The vampire thought flitted through my mind but I decided not to bring it up in an effort to not ruin the evening. He must have noticed the look on my face because he reached across the table.

“What’s wrong? Your pulse is racing.”

I pulled away and stared at him, Elena’s statement becoming more real by the minute. I sighed and decided it was now or never.

“Elena told me.”

His eyes darkened and my heart began to race in anticipation for what he was going to do.
“And you think I’m a monster don’t you?” I quickly shook my head.

“I don’t really know what to think, actually. I am just not sure how to handle this situation.” I sighed deeply once more, sure that I had ruined the evening.

“I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have brought it up.”

“Let’s just get through this and I’ll explain everything to you later.”

I took one last deep breath and nodded, smiling at him to assure him I was alright.

“You’re right. This doesn’t change the way that I feel about you.”

His eyes lit up and his signature smirk graced his face.

“Of course.”

----

Twenty minutes later our food had arrived and Damon was still smirking at me from across the table. I was laughing at something he had said, thoroughly enjoying myself.

“I can’t believe you did that! You did the perm thing?” I snorted, trying to calm myself down. He smiled and nodded his head.

“It was dashing.”

I burst into laughter once more, unable to contain myself.

“I need picture evidence of this, because I can’t believe that a gorgeous guy like you had long curly hair. There’s no way.”

“Are you asking for an invitation over Ms. Fitzwilliam?” he smirked once more.

“Maybe Mr. Salvatore.”

He chuckled and took a sip of his wine, his eyes looking into mine over his glass. I blushed and looked down at the intensity of his gaze. A hand swam into my view and I looked up. Damon had his hand extended, ready to take me home. I smiled and accepted his outstretched hand, following him to his baby blue convertible.
♠ ♠ ♠
xo