Status: incomplete

This Is What I Want

05.

We arrived back at my doorstep, hand in hand, my heart beating a million miles a minute. I had had a magical evening with Damon, a smile tugging at my lips, unbidden.

We stopped at the door, and I turned to face him, gazing into his blue eyes. I pushed a lock of black hair off his forehead, electricity jolting through me at the touch.

“I had a wonderful evening,” I murmured, stepping closer. His hands released mine and came to rest on my lower back, a feeling I could really get used to. My hands moved up to rest on his chest, my palms flat against the lapels of his suit.

“As did I,” he said, moving closer still. His lips met mine and sparks went off. I sighed and attempted to pull away, but his arms tightened around my waist.

“Don’t go,” he whispered. I smiled.

“I won’t.”

We stood that way for a while until he sighed and released me.

“I think it’s time for that conversation,” he whispered and let me go. I led him to the porch swing and sat down, motioning for him to sit next to me.

He obliged and grabbed my hands.

“I want you to understand what this means. Nothing is going to change, I’m not going to hurt you,” he began.

“I was turned a long time ago, almost 170 years. I’ve learned to control my bloodlust and am able to live my life productively. I feed on human blood, yes, but it’s mostly from blood bags. I do feed on the occasional live human, however. I am a vampire, and by nature, we are predators. We hunt. We like to hunt, that’s the whole fun part, the thrill of the kill.” My hands turned cold, but I worked to control my emotions. I knew he would never hurt me, but a deeper part of me was still scared, a part I refused to acknowledge.

“The plus side is that we’re strong and fast, have lightning reflexes, and can heal pretty much instantly. I can hear anything at any distance,” he continued. “I just want you to know that I am not Stefan. He is the righteous and good one. I’m the bad one. I kill people and like it.”

He was silent after that, his eyes on my face. My eyes were downcast as I struggled to keep my emotions in check. Part of me was afraid of him, part of me was insanely attracted to him, and part of me just didn’t know what to feel.

“Delaney, please talk to me. What are you thinking?” he murmured, my hands still in his.

“I-I don’t really know. I know I’m afraid, but I also know that I’m still attracted to you,” I confessed. I finally managed to meet his eyes. His expression didn’t change nor did mine. We sat like that for a while as I continued to reign in my emotions. The longer I looked into his eyes, the less afraid I felt. I hadn’t realized I was leaning toward him until my lips met his once more. His hands went to my jaw and mine around his neck. Things started to get heated when I pulled away.

“I think I’m okay with all of this,” I said with a shaky laugh. He laughed beside me and pulled me up, escorting me inside.

“Thank you for a wonderful evening. Let me sleep on what you’ve told me, and I’ll get back to you tomorrow?”

He nodded and kissed me once more.

“Goodnight, Delaney.”

“Goodnight, Damon.”
♠ ♠ ♠
xo

This lovey dovey stuff continues for a few chapters, but don't worry! it won't all be like this. (:

i'm also aware that i'm not writing damon as he appears in the show, but how do we know what he would be like in a long-term?