Never Going Back Again

Five

"Where are we going?" Valencia asked. Since they have left Adalae's apartment, Billy had fallen silent. It was a comfortable silence. Where neither one of them felt awkward. They just sat there enjoying the sound of the road. But now, Valencia was starting to get worried. The buildings kept getting worse, and the people started to look scarier. "Billy..."

"I got some things to do," he said shrugging. "That's all you need to know." Valencia kind of sighed as she sat back into the leather seat. It got quiet again. This time it wasn't that comfortable. Valencia was just bored.

"Can I turn on the radio?" She asked after a long period of silence. Billy nodded his head once. Valencia leaned forward and fiddled with his radio. She finally settled on a station and turned it up. It took Billy a few seconds to register what he was listening to, before he furrowed his brows and looked her way.

"What the fuck are we listening to?" He asked. Valencia rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Uh, music," she said.

"Don't be cute," Billy frowned.

"It's Spanish love music," Valencia said. She looked out her window at the horrible scenery that passed them.

"You understand what they're saying?" Billy asked as he made a sharp turn on the corner. Valencia nodded. She opened her mouth to say something, but Billy's phone began to ring.

"Yea?" He asked. Valencia watched as his vacant stare turned into fury. "What?!" He listened intently to the voice on the phone before shutting it quickly. "Fuck," he said to himself. He spun the car around, in one sharp turn and sped down the street.

"What is it?" Valencia asked. Billy didn't say anything. He just kept down the street. Valencia was starting to feel anxious, almost scared. The way Billy looked right now sent a shiver up and down her spine. He looked terrifying. "Billy?" She asked.

"Just sit back," he fumed. Valencia didn't say a thing else. She just watched him the rest of the ride. His hands held onto the steering wheel so tightly they were turning white. His jaw was clenched and his nostrils were flared. Whatever news he got, really pissed him off.

They finally came to a stop in front of Bones Body Shop. Valencia never seen the place before. It looked just as intimidating as Billy. She hoped that she would never have to come back. There was a tall, skinny, boy making his way for the entrance. Valencia couldn't tell who it was, but Billy sure knew. He opened his door, muttering a number of profanities before slamming it shut. Valencia opened her door too and got out. "Joe!" Billy said. The boy turned around and looked over at Valencia and Billy.

"Billy...?" Valencia said.

"Get back in the car," he said pointing to her. "Joe get your ass over here!" As he walked up, Valencia started to realize who he was. He was the boy at the party, the one with a big mouth. "Get in the car," Billy said again to Valencia. But she didn't.

"What's up Billy?" Joe asked as he stepped in front of him. He looked at Valencia and then back at Billy.

"What the fuck did I tell you?" Billy asked.

"Billy I-" Joe began, but Billy cut him off.

"What the fuck did I tell you?!" Billy reached into the pocket of Joe's jacket. "And you were going to go in with this shit?!" Billy grabbed a hold of Joe's jacket. "Huh?" Joe pulled himself away from Billy and looked down. Billy turned to Valencia with a hard look. I should've gotten in the car, she thought. "Here," he said as he put whatever was in Joe's pockets, into her hands. Valencia didn't even want to look down to see what it was, but she had an idea. "Hold onto it until I come back out."

"Billy," She said in a breathless voice. "I can't... I don't-"

"Stash it. Just put it anywhere," he said. She opened her mouth to oppose, but closed it quickly when Billy grabbed her by the rim of her jeans.

"Billy!" She squeaked. He took the stuff out of her hands and shoved it down the front of her jeans. She looked at Joe, who still had his head down, before looking back at Billy.

"Don't give it to anybody," he said. "I mean it." He was looking down into her eyes with such intensity. All she could was stand there and look back at him. "You got it?" Valencia nodded.

"I got it," she said quietly.

"Good, now get in the car," he said as he began to walk away. "You too Joe." Joe got in the car first. He sat there like a child with his arms folded over his chest. "Get in the car Valencia!" Billy yelled. Valencia climbed into the back seat quickly. He said her name. Even though his tone was harsh, it still made her legs quiver in delight. She was glad she wasn't still standing because she was sure that her legs were about to fail her.

"Why are you here?" Joe asked from the front seat. It took Valencia a while to realize that he was talking to her.

"Wh-what do you mean?" She stuttered.

"Don't you hate Billy?" He asked her. "That was you right, that night at the party? You were the one who he scared?" He asked. Valencia couldn't see his face, but she could hear his grin.

"Yea that was me," she said.

"Then why are you here?"

"I don't know," she said honestly. "Ask Billy."

"Maybe that just what I'll do," Joe said with a long exaggerated sigh.

They both waited in silence for a few more minutes, before Billy came strolling out of the auto shop. He looked more pissed off than he did when he walked in there. Valencia made a mental note to try and not piss him off for the rest of the time she was with him. He walked over to his car in long strides that sent Valencia's eyes rolling into the back of her head. She wondered how she could've gone from full blown hate, to obsession in such a short amount of time. Billy probably had a lot of people asking themselves the same question.

"Billy," Joe said as Billy slid into his seat. "I know what you're going to say, but I don't need a fucking lecture. I'm not dumb, and Bones doesn't fucking scare me."

"He doesn't scare me either," Billy said. "But I still don't want you in there." He turned on the car and put it in drive. He looked at Valencia in the rear view mirror as he sped off down the street. "How many fucking times have I told you that?" Billy asked Joe. "I'm not going to be around all the time when you decided to walk into a beating." Valencia listened to every word they said very carefully, but she was still in the dark.

"I'm not a fucking kid, Billy," Joe argued. "I can take care of myself."

"Can you?" Billy asked with his grim smile. "Don't go there again," Billy said. "I'm fucking serious Joe. I hear you're even thinking out going there, and I'll kill you myself. You hear me?"

"I hear you." Joe sighed in defeat. It was quiet for a few seconds before Joe looked over at Billy. "What's with the tits in the back?" He asked.

"What about her?" Billy asked.

"Why you with her?" Joe asked. Billy shrugged his shoulders and looked back into the rear view mirror.

"Company." He said briskly. Company? Valencia thought to herself. She would've taken an insult instead of that lame answer.

"I thought you didn't like her," Joe said. "What's she to you?" Billy was still starring at Valencia. He could care less about the road in front of him, his eyes were on her. It made her legs quiver again. She bit down on her lip, trying her hardest to look away from him.

"I don't know." Billy said. "We'll see."