Status: Going through editing but has a sequel

Dedication Takes a Lifetime but Dreams Only Last for a Night

I Have the Best Boyfriend Ever.

Alex POV:

I couldn't believe Jack was willing to do that. I mean I knew it would shock him when he saw what my dad did but I didn't think this was how he'd react. He doesn't have to help me. He can just ignore me or say its my problem. I would be with Jack all day every day. I would be lying if I said it didn't excite me.

We kissed earlier. Who knows what could happen? I admitted to Jack that I'm bi. This could be a beginning of something. Jack kissed me. He said he liked me. This could be a start of a relationship. But why didn't he say anything? Are we together? Or friends with benefits? Are we going to label it?

I was so thankful for Jack. He helped me stand up to my mom. I always wanted to do that, ask how could she do that. How could she be silent as her husband beat up her son? Why didn't she do anything? I was done with them. The thought that my dad wouldn't beat me up every day was so happy making and surprising. And it was all thanks to Jack. I can never repay him.

"Lex? Is everything okay? You're so quiet." He's so sweet and caring. Just the fact he was worried about me warmed my heart.

"Just thinking. Thank you so much for doing this."

"It was my pleasure." he said winking.

We arrived at his huge house. His mom was really nice. She kept asking if I was okay, saying I could
stay for as long as I needed. She wanted to press charges but I insisted not to. As much as I hated my dad I didn't want him to go to jail. She told me it was my choice. Just the fact someone cared about me was surprising.

I was so scared about what would happen if she knew me and her son had shared a kiss. After everything she was doing for me, I was going against her morals. Jack insisted it was his choice and he would tell his parents when he felt the time was right but we both knew that was a lie. Jack didn't want to tell his parents.

More than the fact we kissed was the fact it was one of the best kisses of my life. I knew then I more than causally liked Jack. I was falling in love. And it scared me.

Jack brought me out of my thoughts as he said "Err so um this is your room. You can put all your clothes in the closet and everything. I'll leave you to um do whatever." He was so cute and awkward.

I threw all my clothes messily in the closet and went to Jacks room. It was large and cozy. He had clothes all over the floor. He was sitting on his bed, holding a acoustic guitar, eyes focused on the his fingers playing the right notes. He was amazing as usual.

He was playing Green Days Time Of Your Life so in the chorus I joined in , making my best efforts to make my voice clean, and silky.

He jumped slightly, smiled and continued playing. I loved how we sounded. Even without any preparing we sounded amazing. I loved just sitting there with Jack and singing. To think that we could do this all day together made me happy. Staying with Jack would be so much fun.

"That sounded sick. You've got a awesome voice."

"Thanks! You're really amazing. I talked to Rian and he really loved the band idea."

"That's so great! So when can we jam together?" Jack asked excitedly like a little kid. It made me smile.

"I'll talk to him. Play something else!"

"Only if you sing." He smiled again as he started playing Going Away to College by Blink 182. I told him earlier it was my favorite Blink song. He remembered and played it for me. I looked at him in the eyes as I sang "The worlds a ugly place but you're so beautiful to me." His smile made my day.

When we finished he leaned closer to me. We were inches from each other. I could count each individual dark eyelash.

"That was so good." he said, his breath tickling my nose.

I answered by pressing my lips against his. It was as good as the first kiss. He tasted amazing. He was kissing me back. He ran his fingers through my hair as i closed my eyes and deepened the kiss.

When we stopped his eyes twinkled as he asked "Alexander William Gaskarth, will you do me the honor of becoming my boyfriend?"

I was so happy. He wanted me to be his boyfriend. I just wanted to run around screaming happily.

"Jack Bassam Barakat, I'm afraid I can't since you're too cute for me." I said looking sad.

His face fell and he pouted.

"I was joking! I'd love to be your boyfriend." He smiled.

"Hello new boyfriend." he smirked.

I smiled as we lied on his bed our legs intertwined with the covers. Just sitting there hours, talking about the most random things. I loved Jacks laugh, Jacks smile. It was perfect. Jack was so nice and so sweet.

We ate dinner with his family. I met his father and older brother Joe. They were really nice and treated me like family. They didn't ask any questions about my family.

I was the happiest I'd been in a very very long time. 
♠ ♠ ♠
So new chapter. I didn't feel like this was my best work and it's sort of a filler chapter but enjoy! Please comment recommend and subscribe! Btw just saw a atl interview where Alex says he thinks fanfics should be published and in stores so I feel less guilty. Yay :). Thanks to whoever commented, recommended, and subscribed! Love you awesome people <3

Partly rewritten on 9.7.13