Status: Keep or kill?

Mistakes

Birthday Boy

January 2013

"Jimmy," I whined. "I hate surprises."

He just chuckled. "I know you do babe. That's why I did it."

Arse. He had made me cover my eyes as soon as we got in his car. That was twenty minutes ago. I had a feeling he was just driving around in circles so he could confuse me and we hadn't even left the city. Harry's done that before. 

"We're here." I sighed, mumbling a 'thank god' under my breath. I kept my eyes closed -per his request- as he helped me out. As soon as I exited the car, the hustle and bustle of the city met my ears. "We never left the city, you twat." 

"Shut up and come on," he spoke. I let him lead me into a quiet building and into a lift. We rode up what felt like for hours until we finally stopped. Then we had to walk up some stairs and out another door. It lead us outside again. Now the hustle and bustle of the city was just a background noise. "Open your eyes," he whispered in my ear.

My eyes opened to be met with the most beautiful sight I had ever seen. A London sunset. Of course I had seen them before but never from up this high. He had brought me up on top of a tall building where a picnic basket was set up with a bouquet of daisies. My favorite flowers. 

"You did all this for me?" 

He nodded, pulling me over to the blanket. "Why wouldn't I? I really like you and I want to be with you."

Did he just say he wanted to be with me? A huge grin broke out on my face. I leaned over and planted my lips on his, kissing him hard. 

"I want to be with you too," I murmured, pulling away. Now it was his turn to grin. "So you're my girlfriend?"

"So you're my boyfriend?" He rolled his icy blue eyes as he leaned in and pecked my lips. "You're my girlfriend," he mumbled, his lips brushing mine. 

"You're my boyfriend," I mumbled back, my lips brushing his. 

This was the start of me forgetting about Harry.

++++++

Knocking on Perrie and Zayn's flats door, I couldn't help but smile when Jimmy pulled me into him. My left arm wrapped around his middle as the door opened to reveal my purple haired friend. She took one look at Jimmy and smirked. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Perrie," she spoke, still smirking. He grinned down at her from his six foot two stature. "Nice to meet you Perrie, I'm Jimmy," he greeted in his American accent. 

"Come on in before they all come looking for us. Zayn's been dying to meet you." She ushered us in and closed the door behind us. When we stepped in the living room it was like everything stopped. Everyone stopped talking. They all looked at us as if they'd never seen another human being before. Louis and Eleanor sat on the loveseat with drinks in their hands. Niall stood by Zayn and Harry in front of the fireplace. Liam and Danielle were sat on the couch opposite Lou and El. Dani and El grinned, winking in my direction. 

"Everyone this is Jimmy," I introduced. "Jimmy, this is everyone." 

Lou, Liam, Niall, Zayn, Dani, and El introduced themselves to Jimmy while Harry stood back and stared at me. He looked good, but looks can be deceiving. In his eyes I could see how he really felt. He felt like shit. Knowing him my whole life, I figured out how to read him. He held a lot of emotions in his eyes. That was one thing he hated when it came to being upset or hurt. 

"So you're from America?" Dani questioned, brushing her curls behind her ear. He nodded. "California actually. You ever been?" 

They all nodded. "For the VMAs last year. I love how it's always so warm," El answered. "What do you do for work?" 

Nosy arses, I thought. But they'll do it until they think he's been interrogated enough. He squeezed my hip making me squeeze his back. "I used to skateboard professionally but now I'm a model." 

"He's been after me for a while now." I grinned. "I finally ran into him after shooting for Ed's music video." 

Louis nodded. "I remember Ed saying something about that the other day. Now Jimmy," he started. I inwardly groaned. "You're going to treat my Logan here right, am I correct?" 

He nodded, grinning down at me. "Wouldn't treat her anything but." 

"Good. Didn't want to have to break out my ninja skills." Que eye roll.

"Really Lou?" I chuckled. "I'm positive he wouldn't hurt me. I won't make that mistake twice."

Harry looked elsewhere at my words. The air in the room became awkward. Not that it wasn't before, but now it was more noticeable. It was a bitch move, but it needed to be said. Niall being the best mate ever, changed the subject.

"When are we eating cake?!" He shouted. "I'm hungry!"

++++++

"Thanks again for the bracelet, Lo," Zayn spoke. "I really like it." 

"No problem," I replied with a smile. "I actually got you something else. Well, Jimmy and I did."

He raised his eyebrows. "You didn't have to get me anything else. Jimmy, you didn't have to get me anything either."

"Nah bro, it's fine. A friend of Lo's is a friend of mine," Jimmy said, waving it off. I handed him a business card for a tattoo shop. He looked at it with furrowed brows. "What's this for?"

"The owner, Callum, is a really good friend of mine," Jimmy explained. "That's a card for an appointment to go and meet up with him to figure out what you want."

A grin slowly appeared on his face. "I remember you saying back in December that you wanted another one but didn't really have time to go to any shops, so me being the most amazing best mate ever, I decided to make you an appointment and pay for half of it. Jimmy's paying for the other half."

"But--" I cut him off. "I already cleared a day with Simon, so don't worry."

He grinned and wrapped me in a tight hug. "Thank you so much, Lo." He released me and did the bro hug thing with Jimmy. "Thanks Jimmy. Means a lot since I don't really know you." 

"No problem. You should totally make your appointment the same time as Lo's." At Jimmy's words everyone looked at me as if I was crazy. Harry, the most. 

"What happened to not being able to make up your mind on what you wanted?" Dani asked. I shrugged. "Finally decided I guess."

"Well, what're you getting?" 

"A big quote on my right side," I answered. "It's gonna be killer." 

We all talked for a while longer before Jimmy and I left. He was driving down the fairly empty roads with the radio playing softly. I stared out the window watching all the buildings whiz past. Today was probably the best day I've had in a long time. Jimmy knew how to take my mind off of things. As he continued to drive, my phone vibrated in my lap. I picked it up and unlocked it to see I had a text from Harry. Harry? Of all people, I had a text from him. 

What happened to you? Why are you acting that way?

I inwardly scoffed and rolled my eyes. 

You.

And this day just went down the lou. And all because of one right tosser.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it. :) I got a bunch of 1D stories for you to check out.

Be Alright -Harry Styles
All Grown Up -Harry Styles
Open Your Eyes -Liam Payne
A Beautiful Mess -Niall Horan
Promises -Louis Tomlinson
Wildflower -Harry Styles

Image