Status: Completed.

You Should've Been Here

And it would've felt like,

Vic sat at the kitchen table flipping through a magazine. He had just gotten it in the mail since they were on the cover so, he figured he should just go ahead and look through it.

"And where is Madison?" Mike asked walked in causing the boy to look up from the article he was reading.

"Asleep still."

"You're up early."

"Yeah, woke up and couldn't go back to sleep."

Mike nodded as he sat at the table pouring milk into his cereal.

"Did she have fun last night?"

"Yeah, I believe so actually."

He chuckled, "She is a light weight."

"I know." Vic laughed as he closed the magazine. Mike shoved a mouthful of cereal into his mouth and Vic looked at him disgusted which he ignored. The boy wiped his mouth with the back of his hand before speaking, "So, you and her..."

"What now?"

"I don't know. That's why I'm asking. I just don't get it."

"You don't have to." Vic mumbled and before Mike could respond Madison walked into the room.

Mike chuckled as he stood from his seat and placed the bowl in the sink.

"Good morning little one." He spoke patting her head on the way out. She gave Vic an odd look who simply rolled his eyes, "He's insane. Ignore him."

She nodded as she sat at the table across from him. She had found a pair of Vic's basketball shorts and slid them on simply because she didn't want to walk around in her underwear in front of Mike.

"Are you hung over?"

"Surprisingly not." She responded and he grinned, "Well that's good."

"Hungry?" He asked and she chuckled, "What is this? 21 questions?"

"Fine. I won't ask you anything again."

"I'm kidding!"

He shook his head as he opened the magazine in front of him again.

"Vic."

"Mhm?"

"Stop it." She responded before she walked over to him trying to tug the magazine from his hands.

"You stop it!" He said tugging back on the book and she continued not to give up, "What? Reading about yourself now?"

"Oh you are so going to get it."

She giggled and he snatched the book from her throwing it on the table before grabbing up the girl. She of course screamed and he began tickling her instantly.

"Stop it!"

"No! You are being very mean this morning!"

"Vic!" She managed to get out as she giggled and tried to pull his hand from her side.

"Apologize." He said with an amused grin as he pinned her between himself and the counter.

"No, you're a jerk."

"Oh I am?"

She nodded and he chuckled, "Bullshit."

She glared at him and he placed his hands on her sides, his eyes locking with hers, "I'll ask you again, are you hungry?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe, huh?" He asked with a raised eyebrow, "So say if I made pancakes you'd eat them?"

She nodded like he knew she would and he chuckled, "Right. Well, I'm going to get on that."

"Ok."

He gave her sides a squeeze and leaned in kissing her forehead gently.

"Guess I'll go hang with Mike while you are being Martha Stewart." She stated patting his cheek and he glared at her causing her to laugh.

"So are you an automatic asshole when you turn 24?"

"Yep!"

He rolled his eyes with a grin, "Whatever. Get out of here."

She raised up and kissed his cheek before leaving the kitchen.

Vic chuckled and grabbed up a pan. She was something else that he was certain of.

"Mikey!" Madison said as she ntered the living room.

"Oh did Vic kick you out?"

"Basically." She mumbled falling onto the couch beside the boy.

The boy laughed as he flipped through the channels on the television.

"So I guess when he does something like miss your birthday he's going to do stuff like this? If so, I'd make him feel like shit more often." Mike stated after a few minutes passed.

The girl laughed and jumped once she heard Vic's voice, "Both of you are assholes. I'm not being nice anymore."

Mike laughed as Madison got up quickly, "Oh are you done?"

"Mhm." He grumbled crossing his arms and she stepped to him wrapping her arms around the boy.

"Cool it down, Fuentes." She said with a grin and he rolled his eyes.

"Come eat with me?" She asked innocently and he sighed, "Sure."

She smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him into the kitchen once more.

"You are hands down my favorite person." She spoke sitting at the table with a plate of pancakes.

He chuckled, "Better be."

The pair ate in silence and once done she helped him clean up the mess.

"Do you work tomorrow?" He asked and she nodded as she pushed up the chair to the table.

"I don't like you working."

She laughed, "Why?"

"Because now the time I am home you will be at work. It sucks."

"Yeah, it does."

He grinned and grabbed her hand pulling her to his room.

"So although you've been home for 2 days now we haven't really talked and I've heard I've been replaced." Madison said falling back ono his bed.

"By who?" He asked giving her a confused look.

"By the one and only Kellin Quinn."

Vic laughed, "Look, that shit is out of control. Yeah, he's cool as shit, but fuck, I mean, apparently we might be getting married soon."

"I know. I've read that it's a serious bromance." She mused as she chuckled.

"Jealous?"

"Nah, he's married and has a kid. I'm not worried."

"Oh is that so?"

"Yeah, I mean, he's rather attractive, but I'm going to say I'm cooler."

Vic laughed, "Sound so sure about that."

"I am." She responded placing her hands behind her head as he sat on the bed.

"Just so we are clear. I'd never replace you. Plus, you are cuter than him. Maybe not cooler, but definitely cuter."

She glared at him, "Mhm. But then again, you probably see him more than you see me so I'd understand."

Vic gently grabbed her chin, "Hey, so what? I'd rather see you if that makes it better."

She shrugged and he let out a sigh, "It isn't like that, novio. You know that."

She shrugged once more and he stared at her. It was funny to him really. How much this felt like a relationship. The things that were said and how he acted made it seem like one. Like now for instance when he tried to convince her she was who he wanted to be around. Why was he doing that? She wasn't his per-say. Why was he trying so hard? He brushed a strand of her hair behind her ear as he seemed to be deep in thought. He knew why really. It was because he was comfortable with her, he liked having her around, and most importantly because he found himself empty without her. Wasn't that enough?

"Look, you know we go back on tour in about 2 weeks and it's going to be for a few months..." He stated and she groaned, "Well now I do."

"I told you we would only be here a few weeks, but anyways, seriously, just come with us."

"Vic, I can't I have a job remember?!"

"A job at the record label we are on. I can convince them to allow you to tour with us for some reason I'm sure."

"Vic..." She started to say, a bit unsure about that idea.

"Why not? I mean, come on! You'll be with us. It will be fun."

"Who are you touring with?"

"Kellin's band." He said laughing.

The girl chuckled, "Oh of course."

"Pleaseee." He begged grabbing up her hands. His dark eyes pleading with her.

"And what do you expect me to tell my boss? Oh hey Mark, sorry I'm one of those girls who has friends that are in a band and am going to be a complete asshole and ask if I can go on tour with them because they're on the label and before you ask, no, I'm not sleeping with any of them either."

Vic tried to fight back his laughter before speaking, "Well, sure that could work, but one, he knows we are friends and two, I was planning to talk to him. Don't worry about it."

"Is that all you say? Don't worry about it?"

"Yeah, because there is no need to. I got this."

"Of course you do."

"I do. I'll talk to him tomorrow. We have a meeting there anyways."

She sighed and he kissed her forehead, "It'll be fine."

"Ok." She whispered and he laid beside her as he turned on the television. The pair managed to spend the rest of the day cuddled on his bed, watching movies until he had to take her home.

"I'll see you in the morning." Vic said once they reached her door.

"Don't get me fired."

Vic laughed, "I won't. I swear."

"Ok." She grumbled and he cupped her face, "Goodnight. Lock the doors." He said seriously and she rolled her eyes as he kissed her forehead. She responded with a goodnight and walked in of course locking the door behind her.

The next morning came too quickly and she woke up to her alarm and forced herself out of bed. She stumbled to the bathroom to shower and do her daily routine. As she poured herself some coffee to go, her cell phone rang from her bedroom. She groaned knowing it was more than likely going to be Vic.

"Hello?" She answered confirming her assumption.

"Hello Madi, how are you?"

"Why are you up so early?"

"Meeting remember? It's at 9."

"Oh great."

He chuckled, "Be happier, novio. I'll see you in a bit."

"Why did you call me exactly?"

"To let you know we'd be there at 9. Thought I'd give you a heads up."

"Oh thanks." She mumbled grabbing up her bag.

"See you soon."

The pair said goodbye and she quickly headed to work.

This was going to be a very interesting day she could just tell.
♠ ♠ ♠
*I keep forgetting to tell you that novio, is basically sweetheart in spanish. In case any of you were wondering why he calls her that. :)

Also, next chapter is pretty amusing.

Thanks for commenting;
Collidewiththesky (I feel the same way that's why I decided to write one!)
Alexrusconi
:)