Status: I hope you like it. It's my first story so if you have any advice for me please feel free to share

Babette's Story

Chapter 16: First Time

Forrest spent some time recovering in the hospital, but tomorrow he was coming home. I visited Forrest as much as I could. Richie wouldn't speak to me especially once he found out that it was Forrest Bondurant that I spent my afternoons visiting. I knew he was angry at my choice in a man but it never crossed my mind that my own brother would ever treat me as he does now. I would take the overprotective, hardheaded Richie over the silent treatment he now offers me everyday. Pop says I should just give him time. Eli on the other hand doesn't agree of mine and Forrest' relationship, but he respects it. He even started hanging around the station sometimes, but I knew it was just a scheme to keep an eye on me. I noticed that he and Maggie took a liking to each other. They keep each other entertained exchanging "city life" stories. It was sort of cute.

I drove up to Blackwater station on an unseasonably warm day. Jack and Cricket were loading up Forrest' truck when I pulled up. I walked over to them hearing Cricket's frantic voice. "Shit, Jack. You're off your nuts!"

"I'm done waitin' for permission." Jack says as he notices my presence. "Hey Baps!" He calls to me cheerfully.

Cricket looks to me nervously then back to Jack. "Forrest is gonna throttle you!" I glance at Jack confused about what they're speaking about.

"Don't you worry about that. Grab a box. You just call Gummy Walsh, you tell him we're bringin' a big load. Two hundred gallons at least." Jack's words suddenly strike me.

I gasp, "Jack, you're going on a run without your brothers?" He ignores my question to answer Crickets.

"You mean, you and me?" Cricket asks again his fear very evident in his voice.

"Well, hell, I need back up, Cricket. You my partner, or what?" Jack tells the nervous boy who scuffles to complete his task. I watch Cricket hurry away.

"You can't do this Jack! Just you and Cricket-are you outta your mind!? If Howard or Forrest find out about this you'll be lucky to live another day." I follow him into the shed watching him load more crates of the illegal alcohol onto the truck. "Jack, please just think about this. Forrest'll be out tomorrow you can at least wait until then."

"C'mon Baps, how am I ever s'pose to prove to them that I can do this when they never give me the chance." Jack says as he loads the last crate. He turns to face me with a mocking look plastered on his face. "B'sides Forrest don't have to know about this till its over and done with."

"No, no no don't put me in this posi-"

"You're already in it Baps. All I'm asking for- is just for you not to mention seein' or hearin' 'bout this, that's all." He stares at me with pleading eyes. Itching to prove that he can handle his family business.

"Jack your brother can take one look at my face and know something is up. And if Howard catches you before Forrest.... I don't know which will be worse." I say worriedly.

Jack smiles his boyish smile knowing that I'm giving in to his southern charm. "I can deal with them after the job is done. If anybody ask, you ain't seen me or Cricket, okay?"

I sigh heavily shaking my head staring Jack in his hazel eyes. "Jack Bondurant you promise to be careful and look after Cricket." His smile gets bigger and he starts calling for Cricket.

"Hey Cricket!! Lets go!!" He says enthusiastically. Crickets comes running out-his nerves getting the best of him. I watch them get into the truck with one final glance at me and drive off to their destination. Forrest is going to be livid. I don't even want to think about what Howard would do.

_________________________________________________________________

I woke up early today in hopes that I could be at the station before Forrest arrives. Angie was already up. She wasn't one to do much since that night at the station. I think she's traumatized, which is understandable. I had to talk her into taking the trip with me to the station for Forrest' homecoming. The drive to Blackwater was very quiet. Angie stared out the window at the scenery. 'I wonder if Jack and Cricket are okay. I wonder if they're on their way home yet.' I thought to myself. Pulling into the station I saw Maggie and Howard on the porch talking. I parked the car and stepped out just as Howard headed towards his car.

"Morning Howard." I called to him.

"Yeah I bet it's a good morning for ya." He wagged his eyebrows. I blushed.

"Just go and bring your brother back home. He been in that hospital long enough." I chuckled. Howard got into his car and drove away. I noticed that the truck wasn't back yet. It made my stomach uneasy. Maybe Forrest won't be so mad..... Hopefully. Angie and I helped Maggie get breakfast ready for the middle Bondurant's homecoming. Some time later a car could be heard pulling into the station. A part of me hoped it was Jack and Cricket. I stepped out on to the porch. Forrest' eyes met mine. A small smile spread across my face. He stuffed his hands in his sweater as he made his way up the porch steps. Howard walked over to stand by Angie.

"Welcome home Forrest." Maggie said as she stepped out the diner wiping her hands on a towel. Forrest grunted and gave her a quick nod. I wrapped my arms around his waist as he stopped in front of me. His big arms engulfed me. I buried my face in his chest taking in his scent, as he buried his face in my hair. He took a deep breath letting it out slowly.

"Where's Jack?" Forrest asked. My body stiffened in his arms. I pulled back enough to look up at him. His face showed nothing but I knew from Forrest' tone that he knew what Jack had done. He just needed to take one look at my face to confirm what he already knew. Forrest' happy homecoming was short lived. I knew he was pissed off but he kept his emotions at bay. He sat down in his rocking chair lighting a cigar. I looked to Maggie's eyes nervously as she offered me an apologetic smile.

It remained pretty quiet until the Bondurant's beat up truck made its way into the station. Jack jumped out of the truck quickly trying to explain his actions. Us girls remained silent letting the brothers handle their family issues.

"You're gonna wanna hold on, Forrest. You're gonna hear me out. I sold your whole lot to Floyd Banner in one damn go. I've taken a month of load there. Not only that, I sold it for five dollars on the barrel. That's twice what you get. Right here..." Jack says as he empties a bag of money in front of Forrest. "...is two thousand dollars, minus my commission." We all glance at Forrest waiting for him to speak.

Forrest looked unimpressed. "Look at you. You think you're so Goddamn smart, huh? Swannin' around like you're Al Capone. Is he your new best friend? Well, take a good look, Jack." Forrest points his finger to the large stitched up wound on his neck. "Yeah, that's from your new best friend."

"He don't own those two. Especially after Rakes hired the men that did that to you." My head snapped towards Jack at the mention of Deputy Rakes name.

"Well, who told you that?" Forrest asked sounding annoyed.

Jack held his ground as he argued his point to Forrest. "Floyd Banner himself."

"Oh, Floyd Banner himself! Well, that must be possible."Jack holds up a small piece of paper.

"What's that?" Forrest asked his little brother.

"It's a gift, from Floyd Banner. It's an address, Forrest. Where you can find the bastards that cut your throat. I say we go tonight." Jack says as he walks up the steps. Jack puts the piece of paper on Forrest' shoulder. Forrest doesn't even move to take it

"Anything else I can do for you, Forrest? Sweep the fuckin' floors maybe?" Jack says as he walks into the bar. "I got somewhere I gotta be." He says letting the screen door slam. I flinched. I know that Forrest isn't one to let things go. That address was just a death certificate that Forrest needed to sign off on. We all stood on the porch for a while, neither of us wanting to speak on the matter.

"I think I'm gon' head home Babette." Angie stated to me. I knew she wasn't too comfortable being at the station. I just wanted her to get some fresh air. She's been cooped up at the house ever since that night.

Howard stands up off the railing. "I'll take ya Ang." He says while fidgeting with his hat. She gives him a tight smile and obliges.

"I'll see ya at home Angie. Tell pop imma stick around a lil' while longer." She nods and heads toward Howard's car. From the corner of my eye I see Forrest stand and make his way inside. I wait on the porch until Howard's car is completely out of sight. I run my hand through my hair with a deep sigh. I walk in to the diner looking over at Maggie, she nods towards the stairs letting me know that he's gone up to his room.

Once I get to Forrest' room I notice that he's holding the paper Jack gave him. I know how Forrest likes to handle things. You hurt him or his family and he'll make sure you suffer. I've witnessed it.

"You're going after those men aren't you?" I ask softly. I heard a deep growl come from his chest. "The deputy is sure trying to prove a point. And he happens to be using you and your brothers as an example." I cautiously step closer to him. His back towards me as he looks out the window. Watching what's left of the afternoon light disappear.

"Yea... Well sounds like he needs a dose of what he's giving out." Forrest grumbled. I shook my head knowing that Forrest already had made up his mind about all this.

I stood beside him facing him. "I know arguing about this is pretty useless, but I-I think you should wait a while to do what you gonna do." He stared at me from the corner of his eye. "You just got out of the hospital Forrest. You should be resting not planning on getting revenge."

"You don't worry about that." He said ending the conversation. I stared out into the night sky and sighed. Forrest brushed a few strands of my hair behind my ear before cupping my face with his hand. I closed my eyes welcoming his touch. Opening my eyes to the intensity of Forrest' gaze gave me chills. Excruciatingly slow he brought his lips down to meet mine. The kiss was filled with longing, passion, as if nothing else mattered in this moment besides us. His hands slowly moved from my face down to my shoulders, and he slowly shed me of my cardigan. Never breaking our kiss as he pulled me closer. My hands seem to have a mind of their own as they shed Forrest of his sweater and started to undo the buttons of his shirt. I slowly slid it off revealing his muscled arms and under shirt.

He started working on the buttons on my dress letting it fall to the ground around me. I was in nothing but my slip. The way Forrest gazed at me never made me feel uncomfortable. He sat down on his bed bringing me down with him to straddle him. He planted soft kisses along my collarbone. My breathing becoming more heavy. "Sure you wanna do this?" He asked in between kisses he placed up my neck.

"Don't let me second guess this, Forrest." I said in a breathy voice. My eyes closed relishing his touch and his kiss. His rough hands made their way to my thighs pushing my slip up and pulling it over my head. I was completely naked, except for my underwear, in front of Forrest for the first time. He softly trailed his fingers from my lips down to my navel. I arched my back letting my head go back as well. He grabbed the back of my neck kissing and sucking as his lips found mine once again.

He suddenly lifted me to lay me on his bed, so that now he was on top of me. He reared up on his knees taking in the sight of me. I lay there panting as his stormy eyes took in every inch of my porcelain skin. He relieved himself of the rest of his clothing his eyes never leaving mine. Reaching for my hips he slowly took off my underwear. He lowered himself onto me careful not to put all of his weight. He trailed soft butterfly kisses down to my breast. I moaned. Forrest was gentle with me as if he could break me. I could feel his erection between my legs.

"Tell me if you want me to stop." He said as he positioned himself to enter me. Very slowly he did so. I gasped and gripped Forrest' arms at the unfamiliar full feeling. He stopped letting me adjust. He slid out and back in again only this time the full feeling was accompanied by a pleasurable feeling. I moaned as he continued his slow pace. He crushed his lips to mine muffling my moans. His pace picking up with every thrust. My legs started to quiver and my stomach started to feel tight. It wasn't until Forrest broke our kiss that I noticed I was holding my breath. I was in pure ecstasy with Forrest. He buried his face in my neck.

"Forrest...." I groaned. I was answered with a low growl that sent me spiraling. I dug my nails into Forrest' back as I let go. After a few more hard thrust Forrest did the same. All his weight collapsing on top of me. Our breathing both erratic. He reared up on his elbows to look at me. He gently placed a kiss on my forehead, another on the tip of my nose, and then my lips. Pressing our foreheads together.

"I love you Forrest." I whispered. He rolled to the left side of me pulling me into his arms.

"I love you more than you know.' He mumbled.