Outbreak

Others

Brian's POV

I took one good look at the figures that stood in front of the seventeen of us. My eyes were definitely not fucking with me. These guys were humans -- actual humans!

"Holy shit," the man in front of me said out loud confirming that he was, indeed, human.

"What is it?" holy shit, he wasn't alone. There were others!

"S-Survivors, sir!" he shouted back and it seemed to me as if he didn't believe what he was saying.

"You better not be shitting me, Kaplan or I'll--" another man walked up to where we were in and looked at us with wide eyes, "Well, fuck. I thought we'd cleared up this area already."

"Well, I guess it's pretty obvious now that we haven't." another voice -- a woman's voice -- said.

"So what do we do, sir? Do we take them with us to camp?" the smaller man asked and the taller one simply nodded before leaving the room.

The man that was left behind turned to looked at us and smiled before saying "Hey," he walked a little bit closer towards us, "I'm Kaplan. Please, don't be afraid of me. I don't bite."

Not a single one of us dared talk or move a muscle.

He looked down and back up at us, "We have a camp not far from here."

Still, no one talked.

"Our camp leader sent out a scouting group to scavenge for supplies around the area. Unfortunately, we've only found a few things that I really don’t think would do the camp any good," he continued, "But on the other hand, we found survivors -- we found you guys!"

"Hey, Kaplan, let's go! If we don't get outta here anytime soon, the walkers are going to come get us," someone called out, "Get the survivors out of there. I told Zacky about them and he says we can take them in."

"Alright!" Kaplan called out before looking back at us.

"So... you guys coming?"
♠ ♠ ♠
filler chapteeeerrrrrr. i'll be putting up chapter 4 soon enough. been so busy with school and all that shit. :((