Legends of Rendel: Blood of Heros.

Bridge the gap

“Don’t get too far ahead.” Norfire yelled
Bellora glanced back over her shoulder. The fire that swirled around her began to die down.
“Sorry, I got carried away.” Bellora said
“I’m surprised how well you mastered this spell” Norfire replied.
The two ran down the dirt road that lead to the city. The vast walls approached at a rapid pace. Behind the two they left a trail of flames from the magic that swirled around them.
“Look, there are a few in the road ahead.” Norfire said.
“I got it.” Bellora replied.
She ran in front of Norfire. The creatures turned to face her. She raised her shield and dashed towards them. As he shield slammed into the first one the flames that swirled around her increased. The force threw the creatures to the side of the road; the flames engulfed them and burned them to ash.
“Well done.” Norfire said as he glanced at them.
Bellora giggled as she slowed back down to his side. They now could see the walls of the city. In front of them main door was a large bridge that stretched over the river. At the end of the bridge was a group of guards stationed of walls made of wood and steel. As the two approached one guard seemed of alert the others. They began to prepare themselves to defend the post.
“Ready arrows.” One voice cried.
“Bellora stop now.” Norfire quickly said.
The two stopped, the magic died down and disappeared.
The men, bows ready, just stared at them.
“I am Norfire, I was sent by General Orion to deliver a message to High Mage Stalas.” Norfire said
One man looked the two over than waved his hand. The men lowered their bows and returned to their posts.
“Let them in, inform Master Stalas of their arrival.” The man yelled.
A door that blocked the way opened up just enough to let them in. Norfire and Bellora walked in. a man stood before them.
“I am Stalas, you have a message from Orion?” he said.
Norfire handed him the parchment. Stalas read over it and then motioned to a solider. He game some orders to him and then handed him the parchment.
“I thank you for this information; my men will set up a delivery of supplies and men at once. Might I have your names?” He asked as he turned back to them.
“I am Norfire, the young girl is Bellora my apprentice.” Norfire said.
Stalas looked over Bellora, though she had ran this far and held such advance magic for a long period of time, she showed no signs of exhaustion, she merely glance around at all the solders as they did their duties.
“Norfire, that name sounds familiar.” Stalas said.
He looked him over.
“Are you not the Rogue mage who killed the first high mage?” Stalas asked.
Norfire glanced at Bellora who was still entranced by the sights. He looked back at him.
“Yes, I am.” He said with a stern expression.
“As I thought, arrest this man.” a voice said behind them.
A group of solders approached Norfire. As they went to seize him Bellora reacted to his defense. He waved his hand at her. He stopped and lowered her arms.
“You are under arrest for the murder of High Mage Faust.” The man gruffed.
Stalas stared at the man. A large man stood beside Norfire, He had a huge axe on his back and was clad in heavy armor.
“What is the meaning of his arrest Narasis?” Stalas asked.
The man glared at Stalas then back at Norfire.
“As I just said and as you heard he admitted to the murder of Faust.” Narasis said. He glanced over at Bellora. He eyed her up and down.
“Arrest the girl as well; she is apparently in leagues with him.” Narasis said.
Stalas glared at him, he looked at the men as they approached Bellora. She raised her arms to defend herself.
“Stop this immediately.” Stalas ordered.
The men stopped and looked at him. Narasis glared at him.
“I am the commander of the guards here; you have no authority to….” He began to say.
“I have all authority presented to me by the High Counsel. As with that authority I can give Amnesty to anyone I deem fit. This man has apparently done well for us at this time of crisis and he will be treated as an ally.” Stalas said angrily.
Narasis glared at him, he huffed in anger and turned around.
“The council will hear about this.” He scoffed.
He glanced one more time at Bellora. Lust glinted in his eyes as he turned and walked away.
“He’s creepy and an ass.” Bellora said as the guards walked away.
The solders released Norfire and walked away.
“Why did u grant me amnesty, I am guilty of that crime.” Norfire said
Stalas turned and motioned to a tent.
“Because I know as well as you that Faust was corrupt and had planned of murdering the high council. We were well aware of the plans you just reacted faster than us.” Stalas said.
Norfire watched as he sat down. Stalas motioned to some chairs in the tent with them. Bellora and Norfire sat down in them. Bellora began to glance around at all the items in the tent.
“I’ve been given authority to stop this Epidemic that plagues us. I have been studying these creatures to attempt to find their point of origin and how to stop them. So far I’m baffled at what they are.” Stalas said.
Norfire glanced at a few of Stalas’ notes; he then looked at a few of the samples that he had taken.
“Well from what you have and what I can tell. They a seem to have some sort of magic involved with them.” Norfire said.
“Yes but nothing that I’ve seen before. They seem to be alive yet not alive at the same time.” Stalas said as he stood up.
“undeath.” Norfire mumbled.
Bellora yawned, Tears formed in her eyes from it. Stalas glanced at her and chuckled.
“My apologies young one, I’m sure our babbling is boring to you. If you wish you can explore the outpost as the bridge. Although the city has been closed and sealed off I’m sure you will find that more entertaining.” He said.
Bellora’s eyes lit up. Glanced at Norfire. He nodded them returned attention to the notes. She quickly jumped up and walked to the door.
“Wait. Take this.” Stalas said.
He handed her a necklace. A symbol of a Gryphon was on it.
“Take this with you, if you need any supplies show it to the guards and they will give it to you without question.” He said
Bellora took it and placed it around her neck she then turned and walked out the tent. She looked up at the blue sky. Though smoke filled the air she could still see some of the blue behind it. The sun was still up and light cascaded across the valley.
She looked around at all the commotion. Solders went about as they collected the supplies that were in the parchment. She looked over at the long bridge that connected the city to the land. Though it was massive, it was now cluttered with tents and supplies. People could be seen as they huddled from the dangers of the valley. She walked slowly though the area. He could see families that were happy to still be together, she also saw the ones who were not as fortunate. As she walked down the bridge she stopped at a little girl. Her hair had a blue tint to it; her clothes were dirty and torn. Bellora felt sadness come over her. The girl sat alone as she huddled against the stone wall. Bellora looked around and saw some food in a storage tent, a guard stood outside of it. She jogged over to it and asked the man if there were any food. At first the solider waved her away but then spotted the necklace. He then turned and handed her a few apples that he had and saluted her. She took the apples and, with a bit of shock, saluted him back. She then turned and walked back to the little girl. She knelt down and held out an apple. The little girl look at it with surprise, she took it and happily ate it.
“What is your name?” Bellora asked as she sat next to her.
The little girl finished the apple and looked at Bellora.
“Yi…Yillis.” The little girl said quietly. Her eyes fixed on the apples Bellora held.
Bellora smiled and handed her the rest. Though she kept one for herself. The two sat there and ate the apples. Bellora talked to the little girl and told her about all the stories of her adventures with Neroza and Ashtralana. The little girl listened with excitement. As Bellora told her of one of her adventures a solider walked up. He looked at Bellora.
“My lady, I was told to retrieve you about the supplies.” The solider said
Bellora looked at him confused, she then remembered the supplies that they had begun to load for the outpost, and she knew Norfire was busy with Stalas so she decided to take care of it for him.
“Ok, I’ll see you later ok.” Bellora said.
The little girl looked at the solider; she hid behind Bellora and tugged on her skirt.
“It’s ok I’ll be back.” Bellora said.
The little girl wouldn’t let go of her skirt. Bellora lifted her up to her feet.
“Do you want to come with me?” she asked
The little girl nodded her eyes still on the solider. Bellora took her by her hand and followed the solider. The little girl tugged her hand repeatedly as she stared at the solider.
“It’s ok I won’t leave you.” Bellora said.
They arrived at the area where the cart was. She looked around
“So who do I need to talk to?” Bellora asked.
“Oh I can take care of that for you.” A voice said.
Bellora turned around, Narasis stood behind her.
“Hello love.” He said with an evil grin.
Two solders grabbled Bellora by the arms. They struggled to keep her under control. One solider grabbed the little girl and pulled her away.
“Just throw her out of the walls, she’s useless.” Narasis said as he looked at the little girl.
Bellora glared at him. Magic began to swirl around her.
“Ah I figured you would try that.” Narasis said as he held out a ring.
He placed the ring on her finger. Her magic quickly diminished and disappeared. She collapsed to her knees.
“WH….what did you.” She said.
“Oh that. It’s just the ring of sealing; it keeps your magic locked away and weakens you with it. It was originally designed for Stalas’ but I decided to deal with him another way.” Narasis said.
He looked at the necklace around her neck. He reached out and ripped it off.
“No need for this.” He said as he tossed it to the side.
He motioned his hands and the solders drug her away though a secret door in the wall that lead to a tent in the back of the area. The little girl struggled to break free as the solider carried her off. She watched the necklace hit the ground and the spiders drag Bellora away.