Legends of Rendel: Blood of Heros.

Out came the sun....

Bellora and Norfire watched as the queen emerged from her charred shell. Her red and black skin gleamed in the amber glow of the sun as it set. She turned and faced the two, her fangs dripped with venom and her eyes had a red glow. She let out a loud hiss as she charged at the two.
Norfire jumped out of the way but Bellora tried to counter attack her charge. She sliced at her legs with her sword but the blade just bounced off. The queen quickly kicked her with her powerful legs and slammed Bellora into a tree. As Bellora lay on the ground in a daze the queen slowly approached her, her fangs ready for the final strike.
Fawhoom
A fire ball hit the queen in her side. She quickly turned to Norfire who stood ready with his staff. Flames swirled around him as he began to form another fire ball. Bellora watched as Norfire began his fight with the spider queen. Her head was in a fog and her body felt heavy as she lay there.
“I….cant….do it.” She thought.
“I can’t save him.” Tears begin to form in her eyes.
She watched as Norfire fought the queen. Blow after blow he dodged and counter attacked with flames.
“He’s going to die, it will be my fault.” She felt tears roll down her cheek.
As Norfire attacked the queen his spells got weaker, and the queen’s attacks got stronger. Spell after spell he tried but to no avail. The queen finally gained an advantage as she slapped the staff from his hand with her powerful legs.
“N….Norfire.” she tried to say but no words left her mouth.
She tried to pick herself up but her arms trembled. With one swift attack the queen managed to impale Norfire’s shoulder with one of her legs. She pinned him up against a tree.
“Norfire….no” she squeaked out.
Her body trembled uncontrollably as she watched the queen slowly close in with her sharp fangs.
“He’s going to die. They’re going to die. It’s my fault; I can’t do anything I can’t save them.” Thoughts ran through her head tears streamed down her face as she watched the queen close in for the kill.
WHAM!
Something slammed into the queen and caused her to slam into the trees. Norfire was thrown to the ground he let out a cry of pain as he hit the ground. A woman in long hair ran to his side. He stared up at her in shock.
“Azzyroth?” He said
The girl smiled and helped him up. Papriika ran up and assisted them as they walked to the side. Bellora then looked at the object that hit the queen. It was a large mace it stood on its end as it had impaled the ground from its sheer weight.
“It’s ok.” A voice said.
Bellora looked in the direction the voice came from.
“It’s ok now, Bellora” the voice said again.
Bellora looked up. She saw a tall man stand over her. He knelt down beside her his arms wrapped around her body and picked her up. She saw his smile as he carried her over to where Norfire was. A woman knelt next to him, a swirl of magic emanated from her hand as his wound began to heal. The man laid her down next to her. She looked back at him as he walked away. He stopped and picked up his mace and sat it on his shoulder. Papriika and Azzyroth walked up beside him.
“Ne…Neroza?” Bellora said quietly.
Neroza glanced over his shoulder.
“It’s ok now Bellora, rest we will handle this.” He said with a smile.
The queen had regained her stance and now stood before them. She stared them down as the three prepared themselves. Suddenly she let out a screech as she charged at them. Papriika dashed towards her, her shield held up. The queen jabbed at her with her powerful legs. But Papriika easily blocked it with her shield, she quickly swung her mace. The queen jumped back to dodge it. A swirl of cold air suddenly stirred around her. Azzyroth stood behind where the queen landed. Ice began to encompass the queen’s legs, she fought to get free but the ice formed quickly. Neroza then dropped the mace so the head sat on the ground. He dashed for the queen at a high speed the mace drug on the ground behind him. With a quick turn he managed to swing the mace high above his head in an arch. He then pulled it down with tremendous force. The mace slammed down on the queen. The impact caused her to slam into the ground beneath her, but the mace bounced of her strong carapace. Neroza pulled the mace back to him and quickly returned it into an arch high above his head, and again he slammed it into her. Again and again he attacked and again and again the mace bounced off her carapace, with each hit he was slammed further and further into the ground but the carapace was unscathed.
On the last hit Neroza jumped back. He stood there out of breath as the spider queen began to shake off his attacks. The ice that held her slowly began to melt and crumble away. She began to break free from her shackles. As Neroza tried to prepare for another attack Azzyroth walked up behind him, she knelt down and touched the mace. Ice began to form around it and turn into spikes. Papriika stood in front of Neroza; she knelt down and lifted her shield up. Neroza nodded, he then ran towards Papriika and jumped onto the shield, and with all her strength she launched him high into the air. The queen let out a loud shriek as he raised his mace above his head. He swung the mace down with tremendous force. The mace slammed onto the queen’s carapace. It shattered under the force and slammed her into the ground, the impact caused the earth to quake and give under the sheer power.
As the dust cleared Neroza emerged with his mace on his shoulder. He smiled at them as he walked towards them. Suddenly he collapsed and fell. Papriika caught him and laid him on the ground.
“He passed out.” Azzyroth said as she poked him with a small stick.
“I told him to take it easy. Idiot.” Ashtralana said as she stood up.
Norfire stood up and rubbed his newly healed shoulder. He walked over to Papriika and helped her hoist Neroza up. As they headed back to the village. Azzyroth followed behind as she tried to drag his mace.
Bellora watched as the three walked away. She then looked up at Ashtralana who stood over her.
She held out her hand with a smile on her face. The same smile that she saw that day, the same smile Neroza had.
The smile that her parents use to give her.