Status: Write when I feel like it.

Tomorrow Will Be Kinder

Trust me.

"Strong punch." Abram commented. He wrapped his calloused hand around my fist, tightly. "But bad stance."

Before I have a chance to react he swoops his leg around mine and trips me. I fall on my butt. I take a few deep breaths. My hair fans out around me and I feel the sweat collect on my brow.

We've been working on combat skills all night. I only had one break and that was for dinner (Abram had me eat way to much.) and watching the reaping recaps. I shutter at the thought of my competition. How can I stand a chance?

"Next time bend your knees." he says calmly.
"Can we take a break?" I beg. "My legs feel like noddles!"
Abram looks out the window and then down at his silver wrist watch. That was his token, from his games. I never noticed that he still wore it. "Sure, we're almost at the Capitol anyways." He says simply. He reaches down, giving me his hand and pulling me up to my feet. How is he not exhausted?

Abram goes to the closet and picks things out for me and throws it on the bed. boots, jeans and a black long sleeve.

"Go take a shower and then change. Wear your hair up." He says simply. I give him a small nod. "I'll see you at breakfast." He says quietly before leaving. I walk over to the bed looking at what he wants me to wear. Ultimately, I fell on the bed.

Why is he like this? Wasn't it only hours ago he was being all sweet to me and now he's like a drill Sargent. I miss the old Abram. The Abram who lets me complain, and sings me to sleep and kisses me...

I shake those thoughts out of my head. That Abram is clearly gone and besides I need to worry about survival not some silly crush on a stupid boy...

***

I hear a small knock on the door.

I cross my arms and yell for whoever it is to leave me alone. My head felt dizzy and my skin numb. I was in the prepping room. I was told by Abram to let them do whatever they wanted. So, I did. I let them wake me and fix everything they thought was wrong with me. I even smiled and acted curious about the Capitol. But then they said they needed to cut my hair, it was way to long and they we're going to cut it up to my shoulders...I kind of snapped...

"Its just me." Abram calls through the door.

"I don't care! Leave me alone!" I snap. I knew he was going to take the side of Miko, Milo and Mika. My prep team, who were probably some of the most annoying people I've ever met.

"Is cutting your hair really such a big deal?" He said.

"Yeah, it is! They take my hair what else are they going to take from me?" I say softly. As angry as I was, I didn't want to be mad at Abram.

"It's just hair, Liv. You can grow it back when you win."

I feel stupid and childish after he says that. I walk to the door slowly and open it just enough to see his face. "Will you stay with me then. When they cut it?"

"Yes, I will." He says simply. I open the door enough to let him in and he does the unexpected. He hugs me, My head on his chest and his arms squeezing me tight.

"Liv, you think I'm trying to torture you but I'm just trying to protect you. We just have to play their game and you'll be safe." He says in my ear.

"I-I know. Its just hard. I'm s-sorry." I say. Starting to cry. He pulls back and starts to wipe my tears away with his thumbs.

"I know it is, but you have me, I'll be hear for you. Just trust me."

"O-ok. I will. Was it hard for you to?" He looks a little taken a back by my question.

"Yes and no. I think the hardest part was that I felt so alone." He said simply.

"But you had your mom..."

"We didn't get along very well back then." He says plainly, he gives me a look that says that he wanted this conversation to be over. "Now, lets finish your make over."

He cups my cheek with his calloused hand and kisses my forehead softly. I close my eyes and lean into the kiss. He lets go of my cheek but holds onto my hand instead. He gives me a small smile as he leads me back to the makeover chair...

***
"Okay. What next?" I say towards Miko.

"Well, little Missy. You'll be meeting your stylist and have lunch before we finish getting you ready for the parade tonight." He says.

"Alright. Well, thank you. and sorry for freaking out earlier. It was wrong of me." I say blushing a little.

"Oh! don't worry about it!" Milo says.

"Yeah! If I had such beautiful hair like yours and some stranger tried to cut my hair I'd throw a fit!" Mika says laughing.

"Well, again. Sorry."

***

I waited in the prep room for my stylist. It was cold and quiet and I felt uncomfortable being so naked. My hair once falling down to my waist was now a little above my shoulders. my entire body was waxed and I was scrubbed so much I felt like I had no skin anymore.

"Hello, Liv." A high pitched, cheery voice called out to me. I turned around to see a small woman with hot pink hair and golden tattoos covering her arms.

"Oh! You are absolutely stunning, Miss. Connery!"

"Thank you -"

"Perprismia. Its a pleasure to meet you." She says going in for a hug. When she releases me she hands me a robe which I pull on quickly.

"Abram wasn't kidding when he said you were pretty."

"You know Abram, well?"

"Oh, yeah! I designed for his mother and for Abram last year. He requested me to design for you but when I saw you at the reaping I fell in love a bit myself." She said, sitting down on a couch and beckoning for me to sit with her. I blushed a little, Abram really has everything planned.

Perprismia presses a button and are meal arrives. A stew with vegetables and chicken, rice, bread and ice cream.

"So, what will I be wearing tonight?" I ask will giving myself large helpings of everything. I know Abram would want me to eat as much as I can.

"Well, we decided on something strong something sexy and deadly." She said, her eyes growing big with excitement.

"Oh? How deadly are we talking?"

"Tracker jacker deadly." She said with a wink.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a little chappy. But no one seems to care sense I get no comments or love soooo... Whatever ;)
xoxo
Jessie